Annea

I am sooo angry

Took my daughter for her follow up appointmeny yesterday with the paed. ths is my youngest dd who has various problems and we are awaiting a diagnosis. The last two times we went to see this doc she did nothing as she was awaiting reports from school, Yesterday now 12 months on, the paed tells me that after two letters the school STILL haven't responded.

She tells me that until the school respond to her letters she is not prepared to do ANYTHING!

Total waste of my time, her time but most importantly my daughters time.

I am going to ring the school now, but I am so upset I don't want to lose my cool.....

This is the same school that tell us DD has no problems... <yet they have her on SA+> They sit in review and tell the ed psych she has no problems, and they lie on the DLA forms and say she has no problems.... The paediatrician told me that in her opinion schools are always keen to sort out childrens problems and she has NEVER had a school lie!!!!! <shall I point her in the direction of this forum, so she can see just how many of us fight schools and LEA's on a daily basis?

Sorry for the rant.... needed to clear the air before I ring them!

Anne x

>:D<<'> I'm so sorry to hear this Annea sounds like you've got a school like mine..our Head actually put it in writing "Mrs X seems to be of the opinion M has Autism although we have no evidence to actually suggest this..." :angry: boy did I waggle his DX under the Heads nose...*when I really could have stuck it somewhere completely different* :devil:

I hope you have a bit more luck with the school today >:D<<'>

Why are you wasting your time ringing? To ignore their responsibilities and not write to paed in 12 months is neglegent, am I right in thinking they have had several forms they were supposed to send off?

I would be putting in a letter of complaint to the head and governors(copies to paed and lea). I would also be writing to the hospital to say its ridiculotus that a- this wasnt chased up with the school by them- waste of resourses. The paed shuld be getting her finger out and putting pressure on school or I would think about asking for a new paed!

Edited by pumpkinpie

Hi Annea - I'm in the same boat at the moment, cons paed can't/won't dx little un with ADHD until school send forms (which they were supposed to months ago and haven't! :wallbash:) and also wants him to see school ed psych for another report school looked at me like I was asking for a miracle when I mentioned that :wallbash:

Have been so busy have let it slide a bit so know I feel bad, but am planning a surprise ambush :ph34r: on them all next week!! Doesn't it make you :angry:

Have you rung the school again? How did you get on?

Luv Witsend.