lil_me

Have you been ripped off by a seller on Ebay

There are currently a group of parents including myself who have been ripped off by an ebay seller who frequently reregisters with new user IDs then sells ASD related items, doesn't send them then disappears off ebay, registering again to do it all over again, who we are trying to take serious action against. We have discussed the matter with a solicitor and we are trying to get a large case established, large enough to go forward with a national press report (who are interested in Ebay not protecting buyers aswell as this person ripping off parents of disabled children) you wouldn't be asked to appear on TV or in the newspapers.

They also create websites to sell the items from. Including a new one with a forum.

So far the amount this person owes back to parents of children with special needs is in it's thousands of ����

I have not stated the persons user name as I don't want to breech forum policy, I am unsure if rip off merchants like this are allowed to be disclosed on a forum, but anyway if anyone has been and would contact me (PM will do) as we are trying to get this person STOPPED from ripping off parents with special needs children aswell as get peoples money back.

It's about time Ebay stopped these types from being able to rip off desperate families!

I've just bought from the person again when they reregistered so I can pass on the details they are registered with again to ebay (which match the previous ones so they should have stopped them a long time ago) and for the TV reporters who are looking into becoming involved and paying this person a visit.

If you want details of the seller, website etc so you can be aware then contact me and I will let you know so you are not robbed from like many others have been.

Edited by lil_me

i have bought a weighted blanket from a lady who had her own website and advertise them on ebay as well. i was pleased with the blanket and the quality. I have also bought other stuff off asd site on ebay and got them as well. i always check the feed back for these people. what about contacting watch dog they like to get their teeth into cases like this. I hate these people who prey on parents like us they should be named and shamed to stop others getting ripped off

:wallbash:

Hi lil me :)

Thank you for having the forthought to 'self moderate' your post. It is really appreciated :thumbs:

Obviously I can't comment on (nor have any knowledge of) the specifics, but in general terms the scenario you detail emphasises precisely the reasons we are so keen to keep 'links to commercial sites' off of the forum. We know this can be quite frustrating at times, but there are nowhere near enough resources here to check out every possible link, so a 'belt and braces' policy is the only viable solution.

I hope you are successful in retrieving any monies/products you are owed, and thanks again for your discretion

L&P

BD :)

Well let's hope the name and shame these lowlifes :(

I am currently taking a bunch of cowboy telecommunication con artists to the Ombudsman. Trying very hard to strong arm us into paying for a contract we never requested. My son's error bless him :(

Good luck.

Fran x

I have to say I've only had positive experiences with anything I've bought. I did a charity fundraiser for the NAS back home in Scotland too and one lovely lovely lady on ebay sent me a load of extra stuff to sell too :-)

I hate when people take advantage of other people though so I hope you get some results with getting your money back.

Lynne x

Was looking on ebay yesterday at visual aids since youngest son just been diagnosed and they say that he is visual learner and may benefit from this, so I will be sending you a pm to learn who to avoid...

Thanks for posting the warning!

I'm probably stating the obvious here, but have you directly informed ebay of this?

Karen

x

So many times it's unreal. Every time the person reregisters one of the group of angry parents contacts ebay at least notifies them, buys items JUST to prove this is the same person, Ebay then have done NOTHING about it until it is too late, once they stop sending out the items (they send them out fine at first then just stop and dissappear which is when you see the negative feedback start!). I think the media are more keen on being involved because of Ebay's lack of protection for buyers than the case itself.

Edited by lil_me

:thumbs: Managed to get the ID they have recently registered banned, my only concern now is they sold about �200+ worth of items before the ban took effect, so just hoping people get what they ordered. Their website is still active unfortunately.

Will repost in here if they appear on Ebay again, we will stop this person taking advantage of parents!!!

Sorry everyone but for some reason, I am still trying to get a straight answer from Ebay, he's been allowed back onto Ebay :wallbash: (Same ID for those who know it already)

Please be careful when using Ebay when buying anything

Please can you pm me so i can avoid this 'person'. Thanks.

There are currently a group of parents including myself who have been ripped off by an ebay seller who frequently reregisters with new user IDs then sells ASD related items, doesn't send them then disappears off ebay, registering again to do it all over again, who we are trying to take serious action against. We have discussed the matter with a solicitor and we are trying to get a large case established, large enough to go forward with a national press report (who are interested in Ebay not protecting buyers aswell as this person ripping off parents of disabled children) you wouldn't be asked to appear on TV or in the newspapers.

They also create websites to sell the items from. Including a new one with a forum.

So far the amount this person owes back to parents of children with special needs is in it's thousands of ����

I have not stated the persons user name as I don't want to breech forum policy, I am unsure if rip off merchants like this are allowed to be disclosed on a forum, but anyway if anyone has been and would contact me (PM will do) as we are trying to get this person STOPPED from ripping off parents with special needs children aswell as get peoples money back.

It's about time Ebay stopped these types from being able to rip off desperate families!

I've just bought from the person again when they reregistered so I can pass on the details they are registered with again to ebay (which match the previous ones so they should have stopped them a long time ago) and for the TV reporters who are looking into becoming involved and paying this person a visit.

If you want details of the seller, website etc so you can be aware then contact me and I will let you know so you are not robbed from like many others have been.

Yes I have *waves hands* - I had to open a paypal dispute and I got a refund - still hacked off though - mine was for PECS stuff :wallbash:

I will PM you the name I have.