rainbow queen

best colour paint for my boys room?

hi

im going be changing my boys bedroom -so wanted to know best colour to paint it-its yellow at present -and ive looked at sensory sites and they suggest white?

just wondered if any one had tips and had tried different colours

wanted it for calming him down ect...

i thought blue ...but thought id ask advice first?

thanks .... rq xxx

Well, I'm no use here. I let B choose the colours for his room when he was 7 and we were decorating. :wub:

He decided on Imperial Chinese palace...deep red up to the picture rail and a golden yellow ceiling. He also had me paint a dragon in gold on the wall over his bed, and had a crimson and gold chinese lampshade.

He lived like that for 4 years, and when he swapped rooms he wanted cream walls and a blue ceiling with constellations on it. Correctly orientated, and a winter evening. And a moon light on the wall. :rolleyes:

:lol:

Blue sounds good to me. I know that it's Mumble's colour of choice.

our sensory room at work is a sort of burgandy colour (if I remember correctly)

Thats meant to be nice, Although we're still deciding what color to do J's sensory room

Well, I'm no use here. I let B choose the colours for his room when he was 7 and we were decorating. :wub:

He decided on Imperial Chinese palace...deep red up to the picture rail and a golden yellow ceiling. He also had me paint a dragon in gold on the wall over his bed, and had a crimson and gold chinese lampshade.

He lived like that for 4 years, and when he swapped rooms he wanted cream walls and a blue ceiling with constellations on it. Correctly orientated, and a winter evening. And a moon light on the wall. :rolleyes:

:lol:

Blue sounds good to me. I know that it's Mumble's colour of choice.

sounds like your very good at art bard, always handy

I know certain colours can play havoc with children with sensory difficulties as can patterns, when I took my red patterned wallpapaer of my loung walls the chnage in my son was immediate and for the first time he had started to settle and was not forever climbing and jumping over the sofa's all the time.........beware of patterns and reds!!!!

In his room he has blue and white, some walls white and the others a midnight blue which sparkles (b and q) it is quite calming and he has his name tag on the wall and he has a uv light in there which gives the walls a nice glow!!!

have fun with the decorating >:D<<'>

T's room is green its his favourite colour. When he was younger he would only play with green toys and had a preference for green food. He still migrates towards green objects if given a choice so it was quite an easy choice to paint his room green it seems to be a colour that he finds comfortable.

Janey

I will be decorating Js room when we move house but for now its plain cream, its rather light so I would think white wouldnt be really suitable for a bedroom, Js picked a couple of tones in deep dark blues, you can order tester kits from homebase its very interesting how they mix them up, J loves the machine that shakes them up.

I would therefore go with how the sky goes from blue to dark so inbetween them.

I persoanally think white is a bit clinical too, hospital kind of feel, I have blackout curtains and again they are blue, his carpet is blue too but not deliberate, we are placing wooden floors when we move, look into lighting too and most importance for J is his bedding the thickness of his mattress is deep and he has a waited single blanket that has made a difference and again this is a deep rich blue. but we didnt really mean to do it this way, its what seemed to resemble bedtime.

Just wanted to add Js favourate colour is red, but red kind of gets J active, in softplay red is a popular colour as it stimulates the sences.

JsMum

Edited by JsMum

well we picked colour today called lupin -nice blue

had a chat about doing the room -he was ok but 2 hours later it played on his mind and caused meltdown-of course because it will be a change - :unsure: ive told him it will be much better when done -and going to buy some lights for room ect ect

am deffo getting a new bed for him-hes got metal bunk beds and they rattle too much and he hurts himself on them -not cosy at all really-i bought them when he was younger thinking he would share them with his brother -of course this didnt happen as they can not share a room let alone bunk beds.

T's room is green its his favourite colour. When he was younger he would only play with green toys and had a preference for green food. He still migrates towards green objects if given a choice so it was quite an easy choice to paint his room green it seems to be a colour that he finds comfortable.

Janey

I think our boys could be twins Janey :lol:

My son loves anything green, he has to have green shower gel and green deodorant and green pens and a green bowl etc, and his room is a soothing green too.