Tilly

A Friend Like Henry

I'm reading the book A Friend Like Henry by Nuala Gardner and thoroughly enjoying it. The ITV drama After Thomas was based on this book, which I also enjoyed.

A good read and I recommend it - its also half price at the moment at WH Smith.

Tilly

Tilly,

AFLH is a great book, I bought it last year in Hardback after seeing After Thomas and it's a lovely book, I got it brand new for �5!

One of my faves. Loved reading about their future hopes and that they had a second child.

Lisa xx

I also love this particular book and I bought copies of it for the in-laws and my parents. It was much easier for me to tell them to read it and tell the family that I often feel like the way the parents in the book feel rather than try to explain my feelings and emotions without getting upset.

I also took some ideas and strategies that the author used for her son, one which was a huge success in our household was having two identical purses, one having notes in and the other having a few coins in to show tha we did not have enough money for a particular item.

Lovely book, which I often refer to sometimes for ideas, other times for hope and on some occasions just to know that there was someone who also felt like me and got through it.

Gardenia

hi i lalso loved After Thomas seen it 2times now i also cannot wait for the book to come on audio book.

take care

cazzie

I got the book from the library last week and have just started reading it........... very hard to put down once you start!!!

Loved this book..laughed and cried my way through it in an evening.Sat there nodding my head thinking 'yep just like M did /does' I bought the DVD when it came out too.Highly recommend both especially for lending to family members who maybe just don't 'get it' yet...