Sign in to follow this  
forbsay

Did anyone see Delia on TV tonight?

I watched it. Some nice healthy options. Am going to try and make the potato and leek soup.

Also liked the look of the Shepherds Pie.

Forbsay

:jester:

I think everything she makes looks great, I follow most of her recipie as she has a website, I can cook boiled eggs and pancakes much better now after her tasty tips and following her methods and with lots of timers to remind me.

Hope your shepards pie is nice, I love cottage pie, mmmm

JsMum

Yes and I was glad to see she used FROZEN MASHED POTATO in a lot of her recipes. - I have been mocked and vilified on this very forum for doing the same.

You know who you are. :shame::ph34r: .

Take note - if Delia can do it, so can I! :P:lol:

K x

Delia...Frozen mashed potato....my mum would be horrified..if she was alive.. to find the ultimate home coook giving in to shortcuts. :lol::lol::lol:

Kathryn

I am going to be buying frozen mash potato as well. Maybe we should start the frozen potato fan club?

Count me in. :thumbs: When you have a kitchen the size of a broom cupboard as I have, you have to take these shortcuts for your own sanity.

Frozen mashed potato topping makes great fish pie. And so easy :)

K x

Count me in. :thumbs: When you have a kitchen the size of a broom cupboard as I have, you have to take these shortcuts for your own sanity.

Frozen mashed potato topping makes great fish pie. And so easy :)

K x

Who needs Delia....come in Kathryn our very own cookery expert. :thumbs::thumbs:

Hmmmm.... seems to be a number of these corner-cutting cookery programmes emerging now. We had 'Nigela's fast food' and now Delia... Funny how the BLOKES all do it properly - Gordon Ramsey said on one of his Kitchen Nightmares that frozen mash was even worse than the powdered stuff! :o And you never see Jamie or Hugh nipping into Bejam's on their way home...

So who do you wanna cook like - Gordon Ramsey or Kerry Katona? :whistle:

OR If you are gonna serve frozen mash at least be up front about it - what's wrong with a potato waffle? Waffly versatile, you know... Goo On, dahlin' stick us annuver lump o' bubble in the fryin' pan :lol:

:D:devil:

I thought she looked a bit ill at ease and uncomfortable doing some of those things. I also thought she came across as a bit patronizing. Some of her ideas were good it just felt a bit 'wrong' for her to be doing some of this stuff. :lol:

~ Mel ~

At least I make my own pastry, BD. :whistle::whistle:

It's good for a top TV chef to acknowledge the reality for most of her audience - we don't have kitchens the size of football pitches, unlimited time and budgets to match, so we can't churn out the kind of stuff she usually makes - not on a regular basis anyway. Most of us

I still think she's on a different planet when it comes to her notion of "convenience food" - a pack of hard boiled quail's eggs. :lol: I'm fairly sure my local bog standard supermarket doesn't stock those. Never mind. I can spend the time I've saved in not boiling and mashing my spuds, traipsing around town looking for them. She did give us permission to use hen's eggs if quail eggs weren't available on the day. Phew. So that's all right then! :rolleyes:

K x

Sisters' boyfriend watches her programmes as he is a friend of hers via Norwich FC [he repeats this often,though it is true] ,he doesn't even like cooking but he came yesterday [to parents home] with some strange looking thing in a dish he'd made from reading one of her books,it looked like cat sick.

Edited by TuX

Did anyone see the picture of Nigella's husband in the paper today? He's lost 4 stone, allegedly from not eating her cooking. He probably went for the frozen mash . . .

At least I make my own pastry, BD. :whistle::whistle:

quail's eggs. :lol: I'm fairly sure my local bog standard supermarket doesn't stock those. K x

I bet they do... they'll be next to the duck eggs and the 'blue/green' eggs you get from certain breeds of chicken... But why not just boil one ostrich egg and then carve it as a main course!

As for pastry - Gives me heartburn! Pity, 'cos I do a lovely shortcrust :clap:

Who said 'Puff'? :shame:

:D