Sign in to follow this  
TuX

The Mosquito device

Has anyone else come across one of these yet?

What do think of them [whether have or have not had the experience of their.....torture]?

Am stay at parents' every weekened and this weekend was very different,had just got out of taxi on saturday morning with dad and headed towards usual spot to go into home,but,there was an extremely high pitched and brain crippling noise and feeling,fell to the floor instantly meltdowning,dad had dragged am in.

After a while,it was worked out that--dad had no idea what had happened because his hearing is not able to hear it,so he couldn't warn of it,am thought it might have been one of those anti cat boxes that people put in their gardens as dad had got one a while ago to keep the cats away from one part of the garden but removed it completely when it kept affecting am,this one did not seem as bad in terms of effect [the cat one made am sick] -they also only go off when something walks infront of it,but think it's got to be a mosquito- the noise will go on for a bit,then it goes off,then it goes on again,then it goes off----it goes like that all the time,no breaks,both mum and dad can't hear it.

There is a shop nearby that has a lot of gang problems with police out often,so it could be them [there's also a load of other shops along with it],there's also a building site at the end of parents garden and am wonder whether they would be using one,dad said no because they are well fenced in and they've got people for security,he is going to speak to the shop owners about it tomorrow to see if any of them have it.

This device started this week/last week [not sure what day it is at moment],and am not going to be forced into wearing earplugs and ear defenders in family home/old home for the rest of life and never be able to go in garden with the cats because of this.

Am think Mosquitos and other similar devices are bad,because they are used with automatically assuming the people who are affected by them are doing bad,

they are only against teenagers [but of NTs,they can be heard into thirties and over] and Auties and Aspies can be instantly overloaded by them,the only organisations campaigning against them are childrens groups,there needs to be the NAS getting in there and stating it's affecting innocent Autistics to [there was a recent thread about this on WP to].

Innocent teens,hypersensitive NT adults and Auties and Aspies should not be attacked in this way.

If anyone wants to hear it,am will find the video,it's on a sky news report video.

The NAS has given their response to it, which is quite good: http://www.autism.org.uk/nas/jsp/polopoly....459&a=15504

I too have come across one and immediately felt ill. I've argued with the usual pond life on the internet and their usual reactionary garbage about this and brought my experience up. One claimed that it's normal to hear it until you're 25, so I asked for some actual evidence and they couldn't provide any. I did a search for any studies done on it, but as it's such a new thing and of course the prat that is selling them doesn't care so hasn't checked, there are none. I have heard quite a lot of people can hear them, even some middle-aged NTs.

I'm tempted to go wreck it in the early hours of one morning.

This is awful...........it just goes to show how different peoples perceptions affect them, its awful that you have to suffer this way Tux, because people have no concept of other peoples sensory sensitivity.Does wearing ear defenders protect you from this?

I have encountered a few Mosquito devices and can hear them too well at the age of 30.

The Mosquito device is vastly overpriced for what it is, and it disgusts me that somebody has made so much money from an obnoxious use for a Colpitts oscillator costing 50p.

Sorry to drag up an old thread. We went to visit the inlaws last weekend and they had one of these behind the shopping centre near where they live. My ears still hurt 4 days later! I absolutely hate them, and was quite distressed and felt sick near it :tearful: