Sign in to follow this  
JsMum

sad news I read in the Daily mail today

I read the news today that a little girl with Autism died because she had no sence of danger, she swolled on a balloon that had burst when she bit it.

It really upset me to read as it goes to show that our children need constant supervision, the little girls school are opening a garden of lillies in her memory and she looked as sweet as a button, she had older brothers so her parents where deeply sad to loose their only daughter which they had waited for, and she is a miracle she survived at birth, it was a very sad story and made me realise that J is a very precious child, I pass on my sympathies to the family.

JsMum

I read the news today that a little girl with Autism died because she had no sence of danger, she swolled on a balloon that had burst when she bit it.

It really upset me to read as it goes to show that our children need constant supervision, the little girls school are opening a garden of lillies in her memory and she looked as sweet as a button, she had older brothers so her parents where deeply sad to loose their only daughter which they had waited for, and she is a miracle she survived at birth, it was a very sad story and made me realise that J is a very precious child, I pass on my sympathies to the family.

JsMum

How very sad, I echo your sympathies

Harmony

Hi,

I just read about this in the paper earlier and it was so sad - my little one (NT) is the same age (5) and I'm always paranoid about burst balloons since hearing a similar thing years and years ago.

My heart goes out to the family.

Take care,

Jb

How very sad, I echo your sympathies

Harmony

Awful, my ds read it today an said, I`m going to do that, as it was my youngest sons 6th birthday, we had alot of balloons about, as he is always threatening to kill himself these days, I tooks all the balloons off the walls, the birthday boy was distraught, an my 9 yr old dd said, I love him but he ruins everything these days, I tend to agree although I didnt say so.

I read that yesterday morning also.....and it just echoes what Ellis is like, mouthing EVERYTHING..... :crying:

Very sad for all who loved the little girl and for her senseless loss of life. :tearful:

What a sad story.

I worry about my ds all the time, he puts everything in his mouth. He will eat anything, flowers,grass, small toys. I havbe to watch him constantly. He would be definately interested in bits of burst balloon.

Am really sorry for the family.

So sad.

i was out at a special needs group today and a friend of mines husband is the little girls dads best friend so they are going to her funeral on monday. it is so sad. it worries me to about joe because im always fishing things out of his mouth.