julie1

hello

Hello, i'm a mum of four, my oldest has a diagnosis of autism, my second has speech and language difficulties my third is normal, (what ever that may be) and my youngest is showing traits of asd however she is only little and may outgrow them.

Hope to be able to talk to others like me!

Hi Julie, welcome to the forum :thumbs:

I'm sure you'll find plenty here in similar boats, and lots of advice/support :)

A useful bit of forum shorthand, to save having to qualify 'normal' every time you talk about your third :lol: ... NT = 'neurotypical', which covers that multitude of situations where somebody isn't anything 'other' ;)

Hope it's useful

BD :D

Hi Julie

We have four children too. Age 10 (Aspergers), 8 (ASD), 6 and 4.

I imagine (like us) you are pretty busy most of the time!

Simon

Edited by mossgrove

Welcome to the site julie1. I have a son who is 14 with ASD. I look forward to chatting. X

just wondering if you have this problem and if you do how do you manage it.

my son wants to play outside with the other children which is fine when its one friend, but as soon as another child goes out they pair up and are nasty to my son and take the mick out of him. he nos they are being unkind but feels that at least they talk to him some times, which is better than nothing. i want him to think better of himself and understand he is worthey of real friends. with your son being around the same age i wondered if you have come across this problem.