Gariben

Help...

Hi I think that I have aspergers but I'm not sure. I hate loud noises they make me really anxious and jumpy but things aren?t as distorted for me as some people make out. Does that mean I don't have AS or just not a severe type? Also I am highly highly unsympathetic. I don't have any problems with eye contact though if anything I find it really hard not to stare. I stare at things and I find it relaly hard to look away sometimes I'll stare at something for ages and when I look away I have to look back. I fidget A LOT I sing and I hum, I have dyspraxia and I'm really uncoordinated, I think I may have Tourettes( I have a bad motor tic) I find it really hard to concentrate and get distracted easily by little things like a noise down the hall I have hyper sensitivity to sound and a very high pain fresh hold. I don't get along easily with girls I find them to much like hard work they always moan about pointless things. Also I'm really unorganized yet I like order. I'm also quite obsessive especially over math I really like the logical way numbers fit and work. Sometimes people say I'm cheeky or say rude/weird things but I don't see that. HELP PLEASE I'M GOING MAD. Sally :unsure:

Edited by Gariben

Hi Sally.Welcome to the Forum. :)

I do not know if you have AS or not.It is very difficult to say either way on the basis of a description on the Forum.

However if you already have a diagnosis of dyspraxia there are a few things worth thinking about.People with Dyspraxia can have some difficulties with Social Skills and also some difficulties with Sensory Integration [like sensitivity to sound].However some people with Dyspraxia also have AS.Sometimes what one professional thinks is Dyspraxia another may think could be AS.So it is a bit complicated.

There is a growing number of older teenagers and adults around on the Forum who have an AS Diagnosis or who think they may have AS.

So you will have lots of company here.

Do have a read around the Forum especially in ''beyond adolescence'' and don't be frightened to post more questions. :) Karen.

Hi Sally, and welcome to the forum.

There are definitely some things that might point to Asperger's, but they may also indicate other conditions. It is definitely worth looking into. Your Dyspraxia diagnosis might alert your doctor to the possibility of other related issues.

Some people with AS have very few sensory issues.

I am quite organised in some respects, and a complete mess in others. It may be that you like order only in certain things, or that you lack the "executive function" to keep things well organised.