Sign in to follow this  
hedders

Has anyone looked in the pictures kids draw

Every since she was 3 i kept many pictures, writing of letters and numbers etc.. there was always something about them that got my interest

Anyway today been storting out all her files and its suddenly dawned on me that all her pictures are every simular and i think it may be a sign of limited imagination

She still draws the same detail of a balloon which startred 2yrs ago

she has started trying to write stories and they are always the same takes her a long time to think of something to write and wondering if this could also indicate imagination diffculties

Or am i completey off scale as usual as this is usually found in all kids

Sounds just like my DD 7- dx Aspergers and also son 12 dx Aspergers. In fact my daughter only yesterday was upset as she is finding the story telling very hard- tends to just change one thing. I was also the same at school and can cleraly recall having great difficulties with that part of the curiculum- I always liked the concert rather than the abstract.

also likes symmetry-if making lego/knex- always is symmetrical!

Yea got this with pictures

two identical pictures parrarell to each other

Im going to provide this in her statatory assesment for imagination diffculties every bit of evidence counts

The programme on 5 is good about the artisit

Just had goose bumps looking on internet about symmetry and found pictures of a cross i got lots of these in dd pictures always inside a balloon ?? and instead of drawing hair bobbles she draws crosses

Maybe that why i had an obssession in school with writing my letters had to look perfect and why dd writes in lists the option said to teach dd vertically !!!not horizontally

Edited by hedders

My son loves drawing, always has.

When he was 6, he went to Brighton with his dad for the day, and when he came back he couldn't settle until he'd drawn the Pavillion, domes, turrets and all. When I next went, I saw that he'd even remembered the shape of the flower beds accurately.

He draws from life, and from the imagination with equal vivacity, been on a couple of G & T classes through school.

One of his favourite trips is the National Gallery, but he truly hated EVERYTHING in the Tate Modern!

good subject to bring up....i and mark my hubby are always analising charlies pics...they are incredible vibrant but scary...always monstrous types drawn with reliish......he will see a film then as if he is electrified..draw images from his view point from the film and draw them for days...his style is a picasso art with a roahl dahl sense of humour...once ..we asked him to draw WATERHORSE as he had just seen the film at the pictures....without a pic to copy..he drew a phenomenal image of the beast in motion....at the moment ben 10 is his thing and as he is drawing the figures...he makes them move and have actions...hard to explain...but there is something in these drawings in a very contemp abstract way...the motion of the characters is hard to draw but he seems to find it easy...his teachers acknowledge he is good at drwing but dont like the fact he draws scary things all the time.....any more aspy's like mycharlie out there...maria xx

This is really interesting found out some facts about children on autisic specturn drawings

If they outline there drawings and then colour in they like struture or outline is more noticable

pictures of peoples faces dont change much in detail compared to other children drawings of people

a autitic child draws houses with windows and door also displaying symmetry details compared to other children who only draw one window and one door

yes your right -my son is like this-glad you highlighted this as i think this gets overlooked in school.............my son has not progressed much at all with just the basics like round face ect.....and yes he tends to stick to same pic ....like thats all he knows .............i really should try to learn him some more ......but yes the arty side of it does not flow.............rq xxx

good subject to bring up....i and mark my hubby are always analising charlies pics...they are incredible vibrant but scary...always monstrous types drawn with reliish......he will see a film then as if he is electrified..draw images from his view point from the film and draw them for days...his style is a picasso art with a roahl dahl sense of humour...once ..we asked him to draw WATERHORSE as he had just seen the film at the pictures....without a pic to copy..he drew a phenomenal image of the beast in motion....at the moment ben 10 is his thing and as he is drawing the figures...he makes them move and have actions...hard to explain...but there is something in these drawings in a very contemp abstract way...the motion of the characters is hard to draw but he seems to find it easy...his teachers acknowledge he is good at drwing but dont like the fact he draws scary things all the time.....any more aspy's like mycharlie out there...maria xx

Translation symmetry

Where a motif moves along a line while keeping the same orienation

When dd (sge 6) had psychometric testing done, one of the things they asked her to do was to draw a picture of a person. She had to do one at both appointments and at the second appointment they asked her to draw the best, best, best person she could! Anyway we got the standard stick person as normal and when they pushed her and kept asking her if she wanted to add anything to the person to make them extra special she added things like a sun, flower and grass instead. But nothing to the person.

They have said this shows a lack of creative imagination, as expected with ASD children.

Quite interesting...

he draws scary things all the time.....any more aspy's like mycharlie out there...maria xx

B loves fantasy fiction and draws dragons and armies. He's currently creating a skeleton regiment, mixture of Lord of the Rings, Pirates of the Caribbean and Sharpe.

He often draws scary stuff, but to be honest lots of NT boys of 13 do. Just not as well as mine! :wub:

When he was in Y7, he had a 'venting pad' in his bag. It was a block of good quality sketch paper in a wallet. He would use it to draw things on when he was angry at school. I was especially taken with the French teacher, dissolving in a lake of acid with cheering children watching. With true attention to detail, she was screaming 'Au Secours! M'aider!'

Edited by Bard

When he was in Y7, he had a 'venting pad' in his bag. It was a block of good quality sketch paper in a wallet. He would use it to draw things on when he was angry at school. I was especially taken with the French teacher, dissolving in a lake of acid with cheering children watching. With true attention to detail, she was screaming 'Au Secours! M'aider!'

OMG, I'm laughing so hard, thats hilarious!!!! 'Au secours!M'aider!' :lol: Honestly, my ribs are sore, that has really tickled my funny bone!!! Good lord, tht's brightened up my....early morning!!!

I have to say that Cal simply couldnot draw until he was 5 or so. Everything was a big scrawly mass- to him, he WAS drawing, putting colour on the page, as he'd been asked to do.....

Then one day it clicked and hes never looked back. He adores copying pics from Calvin and Hobbes books, Spongebob mags atc, but has created some rather stunning pieces of work from his own imagination too. Also some fabulous symmetrical patterns... And then there was 'Mr.Moustache Man'who kept popping up in the margins of school workbooks, in artwork....everywhere. He could'nt explain the relevance/obsession to me so I still don't know why he was so fixated on theis character. Ive wondered about it being a kind of handrawn imaginary friend, but.....

Esther x

T draws very detailed cartoons, but they are very child like and scrawly, with speech bubbles, they are basically Dr Who based. He likes to do them on the PC a lot, and paste different heads on Harry hill (another obsession lately) :lol: