Sign in to follow this  
Tally

Channel Five

Do you have to do something particular to get Channel 5, or is it just because I live in a valley? I can't get it AT ALL at the moment, and I really want to watch House!

Do you have to do something particular to get Channel 5, or is it just because I live in a valley? I can't get it AT ALL at the moment, and I really want to watch House!

I can get anything I want as long as there are no aeroplanes flying over. Anyone know how to set up a no-fly zone?? :whistle:

Some areas dont have it at all, & some only have poor reception. We are fine, come & watch it at ours, Tally!

Its funny how Channel 5 started off so rubbish & has ended up so good.

Well, apparently you can get the Freeview channels through Sky if you have a Sky box, without needing to pay a monthly subscription fee.

So I went to some shops, and apparently you cannot buy a Sky box in a shop, only directly from Sky.

So I looked them up on the internet and their website says it costs �150, so I decided to bite the bullet and pay that. I rang them up and they said it actually costs �20, but I have to get my own Sky box - you know, the ones you cannot buy anywhere . . .

There is one TV Programme a week which I would really like to watch, and am prepared to pay for the priviledge, it's getting rave reviews in the papers and things, this is so frustrating :wallbash:

I presume your TV is tuned in for Ch 5.

I can't get Ch 5 on normal TV, but can get it through Freeview. You can buy a set-top box for about �20, and you get some other channels for free too.

The reception where I live is very variable - channels come and go depending on the weather, but often I can get it on Freeview if I can't get it on ordinary.

My son "acquired" a sky box from somewhere - I can't remember if someone gave it to him or if he got it off eb*y.

Hiya -

Yep, freeview includes channel 5 and some other good ones too - but you may need a better aerial to get freeview (depends on area and what you've already got)...

Sky do freeview, installation dish AND box for about �150, and it's a good option if your old aerial isn't up to scratch or you're in a poor digital reception area... it's well worth trying a freeview 'box' first though as the mix of free channels is slightly better (for some reason sky doesn't include E4 and and a couple of others, but you do get a couple of other channels that aren't as good), and the box only costs �20.00 or so...

Time's running out for the standard broadcasts anyway, so it's only a matter of time before you have to go digital :)

NB: another option is an all-in package offering telephone/digital telly and broadband... my internet server does a package that'd be well worth it, but annoyingly their telly package hasn't reached my area yet! :rolleyes:

Unfortunately I can't get Freeview here at all until May 2009 :wallbash:

I tried to get the �150 deal, but they said they cannot provide the box after all. I think I have got a different deal for �75, and even managed to get 10% off! I get sent a pack and then I have to phone them with the details from the pack, so hopefully it wont take too long to get it all sorted.

What's "House??"

It's where you live. :P

At the risk of sounding either stupid or uncaring and not being much of a TV watcher, would it not be cheaper just to get this show on DVD if you want to watch it that much you're going to all this effort?

House is a programme about a doctor called Dr House. It's very good, and I would recommend it. The DVD won't be out until the series has been shown on telly, which will be several months away yet and I am impatient. It's also a one-off payment and will enable me to get Freeview forever!

Well, I ordered this pack that includes a special code, and you are meant to ring up and quote the code and they will come round and give you a Sky box. The pack arrived today, but it has a big sticker on it saying "void if removed," and you can't open it without removing the sticker to find out the telephone number or the special code :wallbash:

Anyone know how to set up a no-fly zone?? :whistle:

Make your house a high value terrorist target and youll get your own governement defended no fly zone!!! :lol:

Or buy a stinger missile off ebay then shoot at a few planes till they get the message! :ninja:

:robbie: :robbie: :robbie: :robbie:

My Sky men have just been and installed my Sky TV :thumbs:

They lopped the top off my tree and it all works good!

Mitzi didn't bite them, but she did poo in the bath. You can't have it all ways :rolleyes:

For 4 months I get loads of channels for free, and then I can cancel it before they start charging me and keep the Freeview ones. So I shall see you again in August :lol: