mariaterisa

What are your children reading or listening to?

Only me....

Just wondering what some of you reccommend to primary aged AS children to read.

We have had some great fun with the preston pig series and are enjoying Max lucado..wemicks range of books... but am wondering if any of you can A list any in particular?

As for the audio...have struck gold dust recently with a title bought from whsmith. bbc published".Your'e a bad man Mr Gum" by andy staunton....i cant make much sense of it but charlie finds it hysterical and it is his latest High note!!

Please let me know if you have any ideas...many thanks,maria

my children read the oxford reading tree and they r very good reece is doin very well on them hope this helps

love donnaxxxxx

my children read the oxford reading tree and they r very good reece is doin very well on them hope this helps

love donnaxxxxx

thanks Donna..am off to google that tree and see if i can spy some deals .....cheers for the tip,maria xx

Guest Lya of the Nox

sophie range was popular here, with both

and we had it on cd

animal ark, after a few very predictable, but hey our kids like predictability

Here my 7 year old reads anything from Horrid Henry, Spiderwick Chronicles, Harry Potter etc but his reading age is way above what it should be. As for my HFA 3 year old - anything that has letters or words gets ignored UNLESS it is Night Garden or Thomas!!

We used Oxford Reading Tree and the books are really good - would recommend them!

Hi,

When my (ASD) daughter was younger probably 6 or 7 - it was mainly Horrid Henry and any Roald Dahl books (especially George's Marvellous Medicine) - also the Winnie the Witch books and a lovely big book of stories (both traditional and teddy themed) - which have all come back out now as I'm reading to my littlest one (who's 5). Only thing is these books were in immaculate condition as my eldest wouldn't have dreamt to deface a book (or toy etc) yet my 5 yr old (NT) has drawn over or ripped them all.

Take care,

Jb

I take mine to the library and let them pick what they like. I don't have to moan about spending a fiver on some tatt then! lol We have hundreds of books on the shelves and they love to work their way through. My 7 year old is just getting into paperbacks. She's leafing Jacqueline Wilson books most of the time.

Preston Pig was popular here too when N was younger. Her younger sister is really into horses and loved the Sheltie books (which N also loves as they are funny), both like the Sophie books and N also likes Harry Potter, Snoopy, books with puzzle adventures in (like Usborne Puzzle Adventures) and the Gaskitts series by Allan Ahlberg.

Her NT sister likes any animal story and has just got into Animal Ark.

Her little brother (age 3) is into Thomas stories, Fireman Sam, and story with dogs in and he loves Dear Zoo.

We used to read farmers weekly why my ASD boy was younger :rolleyes: ................used to send me off to sleep :whistle:

................my youngest loves the gruffalo books and theres a really fab set of books out called scaredy squirrel which has us in stitches every time we read it.We like the Alfie books too :thumbs:

My son (he's 7) has really enjoyed over the past year: Captain Underpants, the Ricky Ricotta series and the Tahsi series. He also likes a bit of Tin Tin.

Cheers,

Eva

We've been through the Sheltie stage.... quite sweet with its whiffles and snickers. Then done the Animal Ark, my are they

boring after a while (30+ read), Narnia been done (dd knows page references), author Michael Morpurgo another favourite. And Geraldine McCaughrean(have I spelt that right??)

Now trying anything other than above inc classics Anne of Green Gables, Term o Tyke tyler ,Ballet Shoes, Black Beauty anything that I can get hold of in a charity shop (library just that little bit too far- and anyway dd wants to read them again and again) Not sure whether dd fully understands what she reads but keeps her happy. Now 13 --- any other suggestions?

(Mum can't face Jacqui Wilson so pleeease don't suggest that) Dd can't choose for herself so I get a bit stuck in a rut. HELP!!

My youngest reads golf and aeroplane magazines, and listens to Harry Potter or Horrid Henry on audio books at the mo'. Bill is reading some game programming text book, and dd is reading a biography of Einstein (think she has apsirations) and Sophie's World.

Flo'