Magliabechi

MAGLIABECHI INTRODUCTION.

Dear forum members,

I am starting a new stage of my life characterised by profound development.

I am not sure how one introduces oneself to others so my form or manner may not be correct.

My avatar is a detail from the Edward Burne-Jones painting 'Love among the Ruins'. It shows the kind of relationship with a woman that I seek most keenly, one characterised by tenderness and mutual caring where the personality of both individuals is recognised and accepted. The idea of continuing to love despite the extreme adversity of ones circumstance appeals to me since my life is also in ruins.

I have never had any friends or acquaintances, I live completely alone and am entirely estranged from all members of my family. All of my attempts to make friends have failed completely. I did not succeed in making friends in childhood, nor in adolescence, nor as a young man: my social failure so far in life has been absolute.

My internet nom de plume of Magliabechi I have chosen with reference to an historical figure with Aspergers Syndrome with whom I feel a considerable degree of kinship. Antonio De Marco Magliabechi was a minor historical figure who achieved a major impact in the cultural life of seventeenth century Florence as the Medici's librarian. He was a passionate scholar with marked savant skills, acute personal idiosyncrasy and was notorious for his profoundly limited social ability. He represents a perfect example of an individual with Aspergers Syndrome who found a niche in society within which his talents could be fully expressed. His difference was accepted, and he was able to thrive.

I am too idiosyncratic to be able to sustain employment and so have to subsist financially on state support. I have always had a profound interest in art and philosophy and great drive. I am however too idiosyncratic to be accepted in any formally recognised structure of education.

I have not yet found either acceptance or any place in society. The example of Magliabechi represents a personal ideal for me.

Thank you. Magliabechi.

Welcome to the forum, Magliabechi. That was a fascinating introduction! I like your avatar, I fear mine is somewhat frivolous in comparison. :)

Kathryn

Welcome to the forum, and I hope you find friendship and acceptance here.

I am another adult with AS.

I love the Pre-Raphaelites, and have an intense emotional relationship with colour and aesthetics.

Bid :)

I am not sure how one introduces oneself to others so my form or manner may not be correct.

Hi Magliabechi,

You'll have no worries about acceptance here and hope you find some friendships soon. As for your introduction it was perfect, thank you.

Take care,

Jb

PS my avatar was drawn on a graphic tablet by my asd daughter.

Edited by jb1964

Hello Magliabechi,

A very warm welcome to you to the forum, I am sure you will friendship and acceptance here.

Clare :)

Welcome to the site Magliabechi, Wow i'm glad you have joined you may be able to teach me all about art, I found your introduction very interesting. Thank You!

You will deffinately find acceptance here and i'm sure will get lots of support and also give support.

I am too idiosyncratic to be able to sustain employment and so have to subsist financially on state support. I have always had a profound interest in art and philosophy and great drive. I am however too idiosyncratic to be accepted in any formally recognised structure of education.

I have not yet found either acceptance or any place in society. The example of Magliabechi represents a personal ideal for me.

Thank you. Magliabechi.

What an inspiring intoduction Magliabechi!

After being impressed with your flair for words and the way that you colour your sentences with such vividness,have you considered writing?..i mean writing a book on your perpesctive on this life, the world,your experiences etc and using your obvious knowlendge in the various fields that you have...also Art..are you any good....well even if you think you are no good...someone out there may think you have something.....best wishes...i look forward to chatting more in the future,maria terisa

Welcome, you have taught me something already, I had no idea the "PICS" were called avatars, now if someone could just explain how to change mine I might find something more appropriate! Enid