Sign in to follow this  
srarfish

what questions to ask when getting a childs views

I have to get my relative to ask my son for his views for my case statement for SENDIST tribunal. What information will they need what questions should I ask. Please help this is the last bit to get, must do tonight.

Sorry im not much help but

in my parental request i asked my dd

do you like the school work - dd replied - i wish the teacher would do my work for me so i can spend my time planning.

at dinner time are you happy playing with friends - dd replied- yes dont like it when they change their minds or hurt me

i couldnt put in her response as to how she gets on with the teacher so left that one out.

Luckily when she started school for the first 2 years dd kept saying that the school work was too diffcult and she didnt understand what she had to do- which i encluded and have records of this with pead appointments

Im sure others will have more knowledge

Our LA done a form for the child to fill out. I insisted we filled it, not the school. It asks "How do you think you are getting on in your present school? What are you best at in school? What do you find hardest in school? why do you find this difficult? Where do you feel you are making the most progress? What helps you do well here? How well do you get on with adults? How well do you get on with other pupils? What would help you do even betterin school? What do you enjoy doing at school? What would you most like to achieve in the next year or two? Do you have any other comments? I hope this helps. >:D<<'> Good luck >:D<<'>