Sign in to follow this  
jilly78

talking

my son is 2.5 and is non verbal. doesnt say any words at all. just wondering if anyone has an older child that still is non verbal or do all kids eventually start talking at some stage. im desperate to hear my wee boy talk. its heartbreaking not hearing him call me mummy.

many thanks

Hi Jilly. At 2.5 my ds was not talking at all. Now he is 3.1 and has just started saying mummy to me. He has some 2 word phrases that he has learnt such as 'want juice', 'want biscuit'. He does alot of babbling to himself, and alot of echolalia. He said his first word at 2.7, which was 'biscuit' :D. He still can't have a conversation about anything, and often forgets words, but he has progressed alot since he was 2.6.

A friend of mine's son who has asd, started talking at 3, and can now hold a conversation at 6.

I really wish you all the best. I don't know that much about the development of speech in children on the autistic spectrum(or about anything else actually :rolleyes: ) but hopefully someone with alot more knowledge than me (not hard) will be along in a mo.

Take care,x

My son Ellis will be six year old at the end of July and he is still Non-Verbal, it really tears me up but you get used to it, however his cuddles and smiles tell me that he loves me and that he knows I'm his Mummy

.....I dream about his voice sometimes, and in my sleeping state he sounds either High Pitched and Angelic or like Barry White!

Hopefully one day..............for your boy and for mine!

Lisa xx

My son was a late talker , but he did get there.It must be so hard waiting for those first words, your post made me feel so :tearful: , for you , just wanted to send some hugs >:D<<'> :wub: , Ellisisamazing.................love your little chap in your avatar, what a cutie :wub:

Thanks Suze! >:D<<'>

Ellis is a real little lovely, and is the sunshine in my life as is his sister, he is just so lovable and a real character. I love watching him, his face is a picture of joy when he finds a new interest or comfort in something! The avatar pic was taken by his teacher and it just sums him up....beautiful, sweet, smiley and extremely cute!

He expresses a lot through gesture and some of his facial expressions, but to hear him speak would be better than a huge lottery win....the icing on the cake!

Lisa x

Edited by ellisisamazing