Sign in to follow this  
witsend

just a wee update

Hi - as you know haven't been around much lately, am missing reading the posts, and hope to get back to my more usual compulsive attedence soon! :lol:

Been having a pretty rough time here lately but am begining to feel a bit more positive again and (slowly) sorting stuff out, am off work this week so am able to catch up a bit.

So the little one got his ADHD dx last week, not a surprise but had a couple of tearful days :crying: but have recovered now ;) . He is now being 'handed over' to the ADHD clinic to be 'mananged' by them :ph34r: (well good luck to them is all I can say!! :lol: ), seriously though it looks like the intention is to start him on medication so I'm having quite a lot of angst about that but am trying to keep open minded and positive and will just cross that bridge when I come to it.

I know a fair bit about ADHD but am no expert, if anyone knows of any good websites/books about it please feel free to recommend them, all gratefully recieved.

Am doing DLA forms this morning (afternoon and evening :lol: ) so that's fun (NOT).

Little ones cons said I should apply for him and oldest son's is due for renewal. However don't actually know if I can face claiming for both feel like the DLA people will think I'm making it up or something applying for both kids, plus don't think older sons probs are as pronounced as they were when I first claimed for him. Anyway am just thinking aloud now, better get back to the form filling!

Luv Witsend.

Hi, witsend, just got my DLA renewal forms today so I am supposed to be doing that and tax credit renewal forms today, but keep looking at this site! then its such a lovely day and am off today and all kids at school so may just take dog for a walk! Enid

Hi - as you know haven't been around much lately, am missing reading the posts, and hope to get back to my more usual compulsive attedence soon! :lol:

Been having a pretty rough time here lately but am begining to feel a bit more positive again and (slowly) sorting stuff out, am off work this week so am able to catch up a bit.

So the little one got his ADHD dx last week, not a surprise but had a couple of tearful days :crying: but have recovered now ;) . He is now being 'handed over' to the ADHD clinic to be 'mananged' by them :ph34r: (well good luck to them is all I can say!! :lol: ), seriously though it looks like the intention is to start him on medication so I'm having quite a lot of angst about that but am trying to keep open minded and positive and will just cross that bridge when I come to it.

I know a fair bit about ADHD but am no expert, if anyone knows of any good websites/books about it please feel free to recommend them, all gratefully recieved.

Am doing DLA forms this morning (afternoon and evening :lol: ) so that's fun (NOT).

Little ones cons said I should apply for him and oldest son's is due for renewal. However don't actually know if I can face claiming for both feel like the DLA people will think I'm making it up or something applying for both kids, plus don't think older sons probs are as pronounced as they were when I first claimed for him. Anyway am just thinking aloud now, better get back to the form filling!

Luv Witsend.

apply for both and put the worse case days in and make the statement you put in say always,and for life,it is daunting and they might not seem bad enough some days,but when you get heaps of washing to do on a daily basis or have to replace things that get broken the DLA and carers allowance is just what you need to pay the bills.get your GP and your teachers to add some supportive statement to your claim,or anyone else that you need help from, make the DLA people understand your claim is genuine and the condtions don't go away they are for life.

Hi Witsend,

Nice to see you back albeit that you have been having a rough time.

Good luck with all the form filling.

Welcome back ~ >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Clare x x x