darky

Living with Aspergers

Hi guys. I asked the mods and they kindly agreed to let me show you this. We were aproached by a student doing her finals in tv at uni. She wanted to do a documentary on Asperger Syndrome. So we agreed to let our family be filmed. It is a 15 min documentary, it won't be on TV but it gives a small snapshot into our family life. I hope that it might be helpful to some of you. I think it has been done very well, I hope you enjoy it. You can see it here http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=...907096809577045

Darky >:D<<'>

What a lovely, lovely family you have...no wonder you are so proud of them all :D

And what a great video :clap:

Bid :)

Hi Darky, What a brilliant video!

You have 3 wonderful children and you and your other half have such a great outlook on life. Thank you for sharing it with us.xx

I think it's awful that the sealife place hasn't got enough room to fit in a great white shark! :shame:

Shame on them!

A lovely vid of a lovely family - thanks for sharing :)

A double whammy moment for me - years before Ben came along I took my autistic nephew to the Nordika centre in France, and he didn't like the tunnels/lighting either... >:D<<'>

Oh - how do you find out who's strongest between a Duck and a Goose again?...

:D

Just gorgeous! :wub::notworthy:>:D<<'>

Had me in tears :tearful: , good tears, happy tears. But, even now - knowing all that i know - it's so amazingly reasuring to see another family just like mine >:D<<'> .

What lovely kids. You know what shone out? How very very happy they all are, and we all know that THAT doesn't happen by accident. What a fab family.

Flora XXXXX

Gosh spooky how our kids are so similar is,nt it :unsure: ..............what lovely kids :wub: , and mum and dad too. :oops:

..............a really good video thanks for sharing, hugs suzex

FAB! how come all the girls are so pretty and boys so handsome on spectrum!?

So so , just like my family, I liked what you said about its all we know, this is normal for us- bit nuts, bit crazy, but my god, we re so much 100% more loving and supportive than majority of my sons friends parents

xxx

A beautiful film of a beautiful family! I could identify with many bits, especially the sealife place which my son has a love hate relationship with the tunnel. As for traffic jams, the anxiety is exactly what I see when/if I can look in the rear view mirror. You are such a loving family with a very positive attitude and that's how we strive to be. Well done!

Sue

Thanks for sharing that with us Darky, it was really inspiring to hear the wonderful outlook that you have about your lovely children. >:D<<'>

Janey

What a fantastic, loving family. The word family was designed with you guys in mind. it has been a privalage to be invited in to your home.

Darky and family you should be soo proud of yourselves, its inspiring and full of great examples, your boys are handsome and your daughter a true beauty, I found your explanations clear and I understood for me too well, the lift and traffic issues are the same for J and I cant believe how similair reanna is to J and when I watched the Lift bit we have the same issues too, you defo wouldnt get J in a lift, we cant go underground and he has panic attacks on buses, as he has to travel by public transport until I can learn to drive, but otherwise its cycling which he loves.

I hope it does go on TV as its really a fantastic bit of film the best I have seen so far on AS.

WELL DONE, Im nominating it for a film award.

JsMum

I still can't see it :tearful:

I've just been on youtube & cant see that either, I think mr p has turned Adobe off because it was slowing everything down, grrrr!!!!!

Oh Pearl, I don't know what to suggest! >:D<<'> >:D<<'> Thanks everyone for your responses. I am over the moon at the positive feedback on this. I have passed it on to the young girl who filmed this for her exam. She is happy bless her as she was really worried that it would not come out right. I think she is a star. :thumbs:

What a wonderful family!

You are all a credit to one another, very good stuff!

I think credit should also go to the fab film maker!

It deserves to be broadcast on telly! :thumbs:

I still can't see it :tearful:

I've just been on youtube & cant see that either, I think mr p has turned Adobe off because it was slowing everything down, grrrr!!!!!

Hi pearl - if it is that you can enable it from the 'tools' menu at the top r/h side of your taskbar... click on 'tools', then 'manage add-ons' then 'enable/disable add-ons'... if you use the selction box to look at 'add-ons that run without requiring permission' you should be able to spot which adobe 'object' has been disabled. Change it to 'enabled', watch your movie and then disable it again!

hope that helps

:D

It's very well made, well done to the filmmaker, I hope she goes on to great things.

Thanks for sharing it with us. :)

K x

Thankyou baddad :thumbs::notworthy: - can I keep you in a cupboard for future techy crises? :D

Beautiful, positive film, darky, made me laugh and cry. I so empathised with the traffic jam scene, exactly what JP would have said about the bus driver! A privilege to have "met" you & your family, thankyou.

What an excellent video, a credit to you for accepting to do it.

What a nice family. The video actually made me a bit upset (in a good way though!)

That was great- your children are utterly charming. I loved seeing your youngest son when he was so chuffed with his progress at school, bless him! And the duck fight was funny! Your daughter is very like you, Darky! What your husband said at the end made me smile in agreement- my Cal will never run with the pack, he has his own mind and I love that about him. You must be very proud of your family! Thank you for sharing that, well done to the film maker too, for a well edited and honest short movie!

Esther x