JsMum

Js badly broken 2 bones in his forearm/

Its been very upsetting, he did it on his beloved trampoline, he came running in yelling hes broken his arm,

I could see it was not looking right but couldnt see where in the arm it was broken,

I called an ambalance in hysteria but they wouldnt send one, said its not life threatening, a friend came in and helped J as he was in shock, clamy, quiet, and then we took of his jumper, well I wished I hadnt, it was badly disorted and it was blowing up in front of us,

J nearly fainted sat down, the friend said we need an ambalance and now, I requested again but they wanted a nurse to ring us and still nothing was sent, in the end the friend told them how severe the break was and one was sent but it wasnt for another 25 mins and J was repeatingly asking is the ambalance here yet, I was soo angry that I let out desperate tears, J wasnt crying one bit, but he was obvously in a lot of pain, and the wait for the ambalance placed J in a very high state of anxiety,

finally the ambalanced slowly pullled in and two men came inside, calmly and said whats up, They insisted it wasnt broken as J wasnt in enough pain, but when they lifted his arm they said oh yes it is,

I told J straight away his arm is broken, he had a sling and they took us to a very busy A&E where there was no more cubicles and J had to wait on a stretcher in the corridor, with noise and lots of rushing people and in view of others been ill, not the ideal place for him to be I going mad,

I admit now I was a moody little soo and so, but I was also in shock of what was happening,

we waited around half an hour for an xray and clear as anything two breaks, the unla and the radius, straight away he was then given more attention, with an offer of drugs but with the smell of the smelling gas it would of caused J more distress there was offer of morphine but with the sensation that could really distress J we waited for more news, the consultant said its a truama break and needed surgery in the morning, he was made comfortable for the night and in the morning they manipulated it and placed some nails to keep it in line, and placed in a pot, afterwards they gave him morphien, not once did he cry, he was obvously worried but he was given step by step aproach and the nurses and doctors where wounderful with him, we came home today and slept until tea time, he has eaten a little bit and he is sleeping now.

Its upset me in some ways that J didnt cry because it goes to show just what he can do to himself and not cry, its strange really, I know he isnt that bothered when he hurts himself but this really made me realise that I need to be extra vigilant because J wont be telling me throw crying, its not normal I know that much, yet the tinyist bit of blood and he is hystericle screaming and crying blue murder for it to turn out to be a paper cut, so how can he break his arm badly and not show it in tears, I understand its part of his sensory issues, feeling some things and not feeling other things, but this has shocked me.

No trampoline for over 6 months now, in pot for over 8 weeks and the screws get taken out a few months after that, its topped the moving stress.

JsMum

oh my

hope your son is ok-i would of been distressed too

did u have a net around tramopline?

only asking as recently got my 2 one as combined birthday pressy -i put it off for ages worrying in case this happened......its got a net but even so u only have to land funny.........

rq xxx

oh my

hope your son is ok-i would of been distressed too

did u have a net around tramopline?

only asking as recently got my 2 one as combined birthday pressy -i put it off for ages worrying in case this happened......its got a net but even so u only have to land funny.........

rq xxx

J has a spersific gymnastics trampoline, its rectangle and big, he didnt fall off the trampoline, its the way he put his arm out doing a gymnastic move, even with a net it wouldnt of stopped the kind of break, its just one of those things, an accident, I had litraly told him a min before to calm down, he would hurt himself, he did what I told him but then started to get more physical, and thats when he did it, it was the platform, not any of the edging that he did it on, I cant place a net around it, its a proffessional one, made my proffessional trampolinists, it cost over 6 hundred pounds because I know just how active and physical J is, even the best didnt prevent this break.

JsMum

js mum i know exactly where u r coming from and how upset u must all be,,,my youngest blaine had a really nasty accident at school on the last day b4 xmas, 2 major fractures to his skull,,issues bout school,wont go into it now,, the day he done it he was upset at school then when i picked him up all he wanted was to sleep! when ambulance arrived they were shocked how well he coped with the pain he must have been in!! he was only given paracetamol for the first day he was in hosp,, he was in till xmas eve (thank god) at the hosp they said they couldnt get over how good his recovery was!! he couldnt keep still,, everytime we took him anywhere they gave us a wheelchair for him as they said he was a danger to himself!!!! he does not seem to feel pain much, he went to hosp last year it took them 4 hour going through tests and so on as he had a temperature,, eventually they looked in his mouth and they could see he had tonsilitus???? they said he should have been screaming as it was so bad but he wasnt he said he didnt even have a sore throat???? dont know if it's like u say the sensory issues he has, he has a high pain threshold,,hope j is better soon and u will notfeel so stressed >:D<<'>

Sorry to hear this has happened, just when life seemed to be settling down a bit for you too!

Hope it heals soon and doesn't put J off trampolining, which he obviously enjoys.

>:D<<'>

K x

Poor J, hope he is feeling better today. I'm sure you will be well spoiling him >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

A&E departments are horrible places; unfortunately there's very little the staff can do because life threatening cases are always (naturally a priority) and they have limited resources. When my mum fractured her femur she waited on a trolly with nothing more on offer than paracetamol for nearly 5 hours. Being a Friday night we had non-stop entertainment as security and police wrestled with a never ending stream of drunken idiots.

Hope you are all ok and recovering from the shock of it all.

Flo' XXX

J's mum and J >:D<<'> >:D<<'> How horrible for both of you, recently my son come of his bike badly and we had to to to A"n"E it was a nightmare. We have a big trampoline in our garden with a net around it and I am always worried too, especially as my son tries to do backflips!!

I hope J has a speedy recovery and doesn't get too bored >:D<<'>

What a rotten thing to happen >:D<<'>

Did you mention his AS when you rang the ambulance? Just wondering if paramedics would know that someone with AS may not react to pain as you might expect.

Today he is a bit more able, eating much more now, hes been for a little walk to get some fresh air and exersice his legs, he has been a little demanding though, beginning to understand the no toilet trips in lessons, by heck its very half hour, and then theres the washing and dressing, feeding him, hes hardly let me do anything around the home when Ive tried hes screaming, so Ive been keeping him company, getting a bit of a ten mins rest now though.

I thinks hes on the road to recovery though his cheeky chesney personality is showing throw.

JsMum

Its upset me in some ways that J didnt cry because it goes to show just what he can do to himself and not cry, its strange really, I know he isnt that bothered when he hurts himself but this really made me realise that I need to be extra vigilant because J wont be telling me throw crying, its not normal I know that much, yet the tinyist bit of blood and he is hystericle screaming and crying blue murder for it to turn out to be a paper cut, so how can he break his arm badly and not show it in tears, I understand its part of his sensory issues, feeling some things and not feeling other things, but this has shocked me.

That sounds familiar to me :rolleyes:

I had ingrowing toe nails recently; 2 hospitals said it was the worst they've ever seen yet I still did sports at school when all the other teens with slightly bad ingrowing toe nails complained so much they refused to walk, but when I knock my knee once I was on the floor sucking in air through my teeth :crying:

My gooness J's mum, if that was me I would be in a terrible state. I find it hard when one of mine skins their knee. I hope J's arm heals well and quickly. Thinking of you >:D<<'>

POOR YOU! >:D<<'> >:D<<'> thanks for taking the time to reply to my posts while you`ve had all this drama not easy this parenting lark is it :rolleyes: Enid