fiorelli

Good Luck today JenRose!

Ive been thinking of you and wishing you luck all day Jen :notworthy:

Hope t went well and you are ok :ninja:

Hello well we are back.

It didnt go as well as we thought.

First of all the LEA included the photos of dd when they promised us that they wouldnt.

The panel rejected their record of acheivement saying they didnt think it was relevant.

They were critical of me and Dave saying it was obvious that dd has made great improvements and that we should be proud of her !

i said we ARE proud of her, but we cannot deny that she has some difficulties.

The SENCO lied and said dd has been getting no support and has stopped crying last december when she was dropped off which i challenged and said she did it last thursday and she said oh well i wasnt in-SHE WAS.

They let the LEA SEN manager rip our psych to bits calling his reports and questioning his dx, the ed psych said she saw no signs of an ASD and wasnt

sure what tests our psych had done, she said dd doesnt show the behavioural problems in nursery that we talk about so i thought no thats not on.

so i asked to speak.

i said i know dr XXXXX says she sees no signs of an asd and behavioural problems, but my son was at school and people were saying the same, then he got dx,d with AS, just because a child doesnt show signs of it in school doesnt mean its not there.

she immediately said Well it could be that dd is dx,d in say 3/4 years time im not a diagnostician.

the panel asked the senco what help dd had been receving since she started nursery and she started spluttering and said "ask the parents"

he said no im asking you, she said well i wasnt involved with her til she was 3 (lie she came to all meetings from when dd was 18mths old) and he said

well you have all the documentation there, so i took over cos she couldnt say , she then said parents requested that dd stay in the baby room instead of moving up and i said ere no we didnt.

such lies, unbelivable.

i did feel that we were on trial and that they had already made their mind up before we got through the door.

our psych said to us when we were having a break, lets wrap it up and go you are banging your head against a wall in there.

he was very shocked and said no way should they have allowed the ed psych to comment on her report only done last thursday.

they ripped him to bits, he gave as good as he got though.

They did question as to why dd was in education all day-was that an education need and the senco said she wasnt sure, it was the headteachers decision, so he said well you are deputy head so must know and she said they had the builders in last week and thats why, so i said yes but this has been going on since march.

he kept saying they have to weigh up the fact that dd has made such progress in nursery against the fact that she,s going to school in september but that they thought her needs which were toileting and possibly speech could be taken care of by medical people and by a teacher/LSA.

so no i dont think weve won it :tearful:

but at least we did our best for her.

Its not over til they say hun.

From what you have said the panel has not been taken in by the nurserys attempts at forgetfulness regarding dd progress.

They may have made questionable decisions ie regarding allowing EP report etc but I would hope they are not totally blind.

DD has long term needs and the fact that the lea EP said that dd may well recieve a diagnosis of asd in the future to me shows if they refuse to access they are being very short sighed - she said she wasnt a diagnostic(sorry cant spell).

i would hope they see that not accessing now would e a waste of maney.

If they are stupid I would look at your rights re appeal.

But jenrose well done :ninja::ninja::ninja:

thanks pp. im feeling very :tearful:

i feel like we,ve let her down, i keep thinking i should have said this and that but it would have turned into a slanging match.

dave said the LEA SEN manager kept sniggering and giggling to herself and he was very annoyed, i had to keep patting his arm, he was shaking.

he was so angry when we came out that he said very loudly someone needs a shave, - told him off for it.

i thought he was going to burst into tears at one point when they were saying such lies about dd.

i dont know where i got the courage from to tackle the ed psych, i cant belive i challenged her!

our psych was amazing, he really was, he sat there while they were ripping him to bits and going on and i could see he was annoyed and i wrote on my notepad blah de fXXXing blah and it made him smile, out of the 3 of us i was most calm and i thought id go to pieces.

they did say a number of times "do you not think you should have explained xx and xx to the parents"?

but the chair asked me had i observed dd in nursery cos they were saying how well she was doing and i said no and he said why and i said i didnt think i could.

one of the panel had to explain percentile to me cos its never been explained, i did pull the psych over her report though, i asked her why she couldnt have phoned me or dave and talked it through and why it was unsigned, she said there wasnt time and it was emailed.

i am really upset with the senco she just blatantly lied, dd has at times spent all day with her as she,s been too upset to mingle with other children and she denied it.

our psych kept my spirits up though cracking jokes and making me smile but he was very shocked when he came out and said he,d never seen an ed psych allowed to give evidence on a last minute rushed report.

It sounds to me hun that you did yourself proud, keeping calm and getting your point across

Well done :ninja::ninja:

Jenrose no matter how you feel today went, you done your best and the panel would of taken all of that on board.

The LA do tell such fibs at tribunals and I could go on and on about the ones mine told but it wont help you.

You've done what you have done today and I think even if you don't get the result you want you will keep fighting to make sure your dd gets the support she needs and that is what's important.

Put your feet up tongiht, have a glass of plonk if you drink and relax, there's no more you can do for now but I do think you have done really well. I do not think I could of faced tribunal by myself >:D<<'>

be proud of yourselfs, you did the best you could do for your daughter. I hope there is some light at the end of the tunnel for you all. I did not know that the l.e.a. would lie at tribunal i thought everything needed to be backed up with fact, im very niave anyway i hope things work out for you

yes they do lie unfortunately but i hope the panel saw through them.

one thing ive remembered the chair askin us twice was the mainstream school that dd is due to go to, was that our choice , we said yes and he asked again, then he said had we thought about a special school and we said no.

dont understand y he asked us that.

I did not know that the l.e.a. would lie at tribunal i thought everything needed to be backed up with fact, im very niave anyway i hope things work out for you

Oooh I can tell you, LEAs and schools CAN and WILL lie to try to win these things.

They really will stoop low at times and as for proof/evidence they honestly believe their so called expert/professional opinion is evidence unbelieveable as that is.

Good luck JenRose I hope you get a nice suprise hun!

You have NOT let your child down, you have had the strength and conviction to do what not every parent has, tribunals are not easy even with the support from your own professionals.