Sign in to follow this  
Julieanne

OMG burning toaster

Literally left my son alone for a second to get dirty laundry from upstairs, and i then started to make beds, all time calling to jay to make sure where he is - as you cant leave him alone for a sec...then i smell toast, so i call down saying ''jay, mummy will make toast - hang on!!'' :wacko:

then i come down to smoke and my toaster has flames coming out of it that nearly caught my blind on fire...

he was sat happily absolutely oblivious to what was going on around him....i panic get flames out by blowing them and then the smoke alarms start sending jay into the garden as he hates the noise and im just thankful of course he is safe...felt like crying....i thought i should not have left him even for a few minutes, but i do have to get things done - feel such a awful mum

:crying:

however i did explain as best i can with him as he is limited that we dont touch hot things and he just looks at me as though im daft as a brush... :wallbash:

what a ###### morning...and it isnt even lunchtime yet....day 1 of the half term.. :rolleyes: .btw i threw the toaster out as i didnt feel it was safe to have one, so i have to toast bread in grill when he isnt looking as he is one of those children that always watch & observe then try...we already have to lock kitchen door at night as he gets a pan and pours oil on it with pringles trying to cook... :wallbash:

just wondered if any other children were as adventrous as this??

Edited by Julieanne

>:D<<'> >:D< >:D<<'> >:D< awwww hope your ok

half term always starts ###### usually...lol

my son isnt to bad really-apart from stuff like locking me out the back door and going into his bedroom -while i was putting washing out-stood knocking for 30 mins to get back in-wasnt all his fault though -the doors just lock when shut from inside.............but very clumsey-cant turn your back -always somthing happens.

it is hard when you are trying to get jobs done round the house..............takes 4 times longer........milatry operation for me is trying to wash car at the front or attempt any gardening.......i get quite upset sometimes how i feel that i cant do anything...i guess u just have to accept it..............

rq xxx

Bill has done this so many times. I've now got a toaster with a temperature control and a special handle so you can lift the toast out easily (I once caught him trying to remove toast with a metal knife poked inside the slot :o ).

Flora

Hi, my god you poor thing! People would be so quick to critisise as well, we all know on this forum how blumming hard it is, my ds once set the garden shed on fire, I was unaware at the time and saw him looking guitly while I was hanging out the washing, I went over and saw he had a lighter, my 18yr old smokes and he must have found one of his, i took him inside and gave him a talk, he seemed to take it well ,I came back out very pleased with myself for handling it so well and resumed hanging up the washing, thats when I saw the smoke :whistle::crying: Enid