pearl

Mum's scan result

:thumbs: All clear :thumbs: phew

3 month check ups just like I used to have, they just poke & prod so thats ok.

However, quite unrelated, the scan showed she has an aneurism in her descending aorta - somewhere in her abdomen. So she is now waiting for an appt to see a vascular surgeon. The doc today reckoned they would just monitor it.

They also found cysts on her liver but reckon they are benign.

I told her we'd just have to shoot her as clearly nothing else was going to kill her :devil:

Yes its another hurdle over, compared to how things were at easter a lot more postive. Would have been nice to have a little break before the next thing though. Having been on t'intenet I know now about AAA (abdominal aortic aneurism) which I'd never heard of 24 hrs ago. I reckon theyll just monitor it for now. The alternative is major surgery (unlikely at her age) or a stent, less invasive. If it bursts she would go in minutes, but quite often something else "gets" you first, so we'll have to see what they say.

At least they know what they are monitoring and everything else was clear. just remember to look after you as well as your mum!! xx

Thanks all. I've decided not to worry about the latest, after all we wouldnt even know if she hadnt had the scan, could have had it for years. We'll wait & see what the docs say :thumbs: