rainbow queen

well seeing as i never do any ironing

well seeing as i never do any ironing

i thought id try and get a new iron as maybe thats why im no good at it-mine ive had over 10 years-and its just basic-my clothes could do with some ironing :rolleyes:

wondered if any of you had any tips on buying

my sister swears by R******

so i go off looking -and no cant find any made by R****** in any stores near me-how strange-do you know if R****** now makes under another name?

like they do sometimes these companys -ect -i have lost track of whos been took over by who.....

or if you have another one that you think has been good for you?

id go on that which site but u have to pay :wallbash:

thought id ask first-as im a bit useless buying electric things........

thanks rq xxx

Edited by Kathryn

Sorry Rainbowqueen, recommending particular brands is against forum rules so I've edited out the brand name.

If anyone wants to mention particular makes of iron please pm Rainbowqueen.

Actually, I've just had a look at my own iron and it's the kind you mention. :) I got it about two years ago from our local supermarket - I think because it was the cheapest! I don't do a lot of ironing either, and it does the job fine. I think one kind is as good as another, although I'd definitely recommend a steam iron as it gets all the creases out more easily. You can also get cordless ones which are good because the flex doesn't get in the way. But if you don't do a lot of ironing you may not neeed all the fancy extras!

K x

Mr p, who is the ironing meister in our house, swears by cordless. But they seem increasingly rare these days.

Does he put them by the fire to heat up before use? :ph34r::unsure:

Ive had 3 irons over the years and id recommnend any of the big brands as they all make good irons. Ive always looked for ones with good variable steam as well as a steam jet/boost button for that added steam. I do spend quite a lot on them spending �40 on average. Self cleaning function is desirable but not essential as you can get the fluids to flush through irons.

Lots of steam = good clean creases!! :lol:

Ironing? What's that? ;)

I have a steam generator, but it all depends on your budget what you go for.

I really want one of those, are they good, produce steam, I have a tumble dryer and they cut out loads of ironing, if Ive dried it outside I put in the tumble dyer for 15 mins and then its hung up and sometimes the creases are out, Im getting a one thats a futuristic one, about �50 but I need one with an auto turn off as I am very Forgetful, thats one of the reasons I dont iron, I simply forget about it when off to find the ironing board, I cant remember what I was suppose to get and then do some other 101 jobs.

JsMum

Ever tried Extreme Ironing Warren, sounds like your kind of thing! :lol:

:lol: yes im fully aware of extreme ironing!!! :lol: weve done a few trial examples on board the submarine while board on patrol. Just wish i had the pictures!!

One thing i wanted to do before leaving navy is a picture of extreme ironing on the back of a submarine as it sails but thats not going to happen now!! :(

I had to be taught how to iron when I joined the forces :lol:

:ph34r:

me too. I remember before joining up i couldnt do creases in sleeves properly. That was soon rectified :lol: :lol:

We always go for the top of the range, mega steam, special coated base etc mega water, but I alway spray everything with water and have the highest setting of steam for the best results.

I do heaps of ironing but the time is cut in half with the best iron iykwim. I go for the special extra padded cover they make such a difference too.

Fran x