Sign in to follow this  
BuntyB

lack of empathy

we all know things are tough for us at times, but what has made things worse for me is that i had a fall yesterday. excuse the typing as am only using a finger on my left hand due to dislocating my wrist and smashing a bone into 5 pieces. the children show nothing other than annoyance that i have had to resort to frozen pizza for tea as can't do the veggies and potatoes, and my request to help with getting clothes ready for tomorrow resulted in high pitched squealing followed by door slamming. how i wish for a little sympathy :tearful:

have some sympathy from me love >:D<<'> steve would be the same,he would be annoyed about dinner as well,i know he loves me but its hard when they dont show it isent it,then again sometimes hes very loving but not at things like when i hurt myself or am upset

Aw, poor you, have some >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> It's very hard when if feels like no-one notices your pain, isn't it. I remember being like this with my mum, though, and I feel very badly about it now. If she was having a bad day, me and my sis would giggle about her "weak voice" and be irritated by her but wouldn't think to ask if she was okay or could do with some help or a cuddle or something, it just didn't cross our minds. A lot of kids are like this, I think, and maybe ours more so. >:D<<'>

~ Mel ~

This has been one of the toughest things to deal with for me aswell.My lowest point was just after he was dx at 7 yrs, the children at school were given some tragic news regarding a parent who had suddenly died.

.........................my son,s reaction was to say .............so what!

.................with hindsight the teachers should have explained the implications of the sad news ...but they did,nt ...........I was devastated, as he exclaimed this in front of many of the pupils and they were shocked at his lack of compassion.It made me very sad at the time :tearful: , that the lack of empathy was so apparent it really confirmed his dx for me in a way.

.......................his sister had a very difficult operation a few years back, he was very angry at the upset it caused him as I stayed in hospital with her and could,nt be around for him, he had no concern for her and never asked how she was.This sounds a bit negative .........sorry, at times the lack of empathy can be upsetting, but his other stuff out weighs the negative and he,s a lovely boy most of the time, like any other kid can be I guess :rolleyes: .

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> It sounds very painfull, you must have had a nasty fall. Poor you!

Give all the food they hate untill they start being nice to you - that'll teach em.

i can really relate to this

glad im not only one

with me being single mum and tackling all tasks -times when ive gone under with illness-like i got some sort phnemonia thing -a while back/then wisdom tooth out-or just times u have the trots or sick

and i swear to god my son goes worse

shows no attempt at understanding -or relate it to times he was ill.........

was literally jucking up in loo-and hes there screaming at me over all sorts trival stuff ect ect.............

and wont let you sit down quiet to calm down or try to recouperate........nightmare

i pray i dont get ill nowadys and avoid folk with bugs and colds like the plague

i could cope normally

but i think its worse as u have to stay on top form to cope with our kids........

rq xxx

Shona

>:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Sounds painful.

Maybe they'll get sick of frozen pizza after a few days, and offer to help you.

K x