LIA

MAKE SEN STATEMENT COMPULSORY AFTER DIAGNOSIS

So your saying that nothing gets done and the government are allowed to carry on dictating and making people suffer because people cannot agree that statements should be compulsory when everyone fights for one , It seems to me that people with statemnets worry with this proposed law that their children will have less help than they are receiving at the moement by sharing all the funding out allowing children who cannot have any help to have it, with the propsed law we would have more funding given and in many cases if short though we should not be can raise some moeny our selves to insure that EVERYONE has the help they so need. And the NAS has the LEA on their side so they do not want to approve of statemneting and such things to upset the balance when as an established company they cann change so many things, noone has to rely on the LEA FOR money they are established enough and their our fund raising schemes abailable. All the othe petitions and proposals work perfectly along side this one. There is know flaw as most children do need a statemnet and the few who are getting the help they need without it can benefit with having it in future and it is an insurance if anything those go wrong theywill have this statemnet and I do not understand the big deal as the statemnet would be free of charge so why should people complain about something which is not hindering them and can help them if need be in future but benefit many other children who arenot so fortunate

>>thus I cannot move her from the school she is being bullied at becuas eshe does not have a statement>>

You *can* move schools - from one mainstream to another, as anyone can do (providing there is a space). If you do your research, you may find a school that is more understanding of AS.

I cannot sign your petition, as I do not agree with it. There are many flaws in your proposals, Mother N - one being, that not all children with a diagnosis need a Statement.

There is no way on earth that the Government will agree to automatic Statementing on diagnosis anyway, so it is a waste of time. There are other petitions going on too - if even we cannot agree on how best to educate our children, how can we expect the Government to decide what is best?

Why do you believe that the NAS are funded by the LEA?

It is in my case and many cases as mine so answer me this why do you and other mothers fight so hard for a statemnt then if they are so useless????I have years of experience and if there was a law which made them compulsory noone would have to fight for tem would they

x

Sorry to be a bearer of bad news.Many many people on the Forum with years of experience will tell you that a Statement is not a magic wand it is one stage in a process that continues .Karen.

So your saying that nothing gets done and the government are allowed to carry on dictating and making people suffer because people cannot agree that statements should be compulsory when everyone fights for one , It seems to me that people with statemnets worry with this proposed law that their children will have less help than they are receiving at the moement by sharing all the funding out allowing children who cannot have any help to have it, with the propsed law we would have more funding given and in many cases if short though we should not be can raise some moeny our selves to insure that EVERYONE has the help they so need. And the NAS has the LEA on their side so they do not want to approve of statemneting and such things to upset the balance when as an established company they cann change so many things, noone has to rely on the LEA FOR money they are established enough and their our fund raising schemes abailable. All the othe petitions and proposals work perfectly along side this one. There is know flaw as most children do need a statemnet and the few who are getting the help they need without it can benefit with having it in future and it is an insurance if anything those go wrong theywill have this statemnet and I do not understand the big deal as the statemnet would be free of charge so why should people complain about something which is not hindering them and can help them if need be in future but benefit many other children who arenot so fortunate

I give up. Your problem is that you don't listen. I'm not surprised you're having trouble navigating your way through the sytem. Your child's teacher must want to run in the opposite direction when she sees you coming! People here could help you but it's impossible to help someone who won't listen to what others have to say nor take the time to actually understand what they're saying.

I am also very well informed though disagree with many views it is not always the majority that are right becaus ethey are the majority

Mumble please do not worry.People on the Forum are able to express strong personal views on things however they are personal opinions.

If you read through the thread you will see that a lot of regular Forum members who are very well informed do not necessarily agree with some of the views expressed.>:D<<'> >:D<<'> Karen.

I think this thread has run its course and the same points are being made over again, so I am now going to close it.

Kathryn