Cat

Autism/Aspergers and Puberty

Hi, not sure if the group originally mentioned in this thread is up and running

BUT

there is a facebook group for parents of children with autism/AS where issues like this are discussed, see link

http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?g...6623&ref=mf

I have tried to send out invites for the group - in fact it tells me that I have sent them out but I suspect that no on has received them? There is now a group on facebook - not mine but if people are interested I could post a link and try again with the invites. I have no idea why what is wrong with the group :unsure:

Cat

Yahoo groups had a 'planned outage' yesterday - could that have been it?

cb

I have tried to send out invites for the group - in fact it tells me that I have sent them out but I suspect that no on has received them? There is now a group on facebook - not mine but if people are interested I could post a link and try again with the invites. I have no idea why what is wrong with the group :unsure:

Cat

Hi Cat, I've not received mine yet. Wondered if you were just too snowed under with life to find time to send them out?! :)

Hi,

This sounds like just the group I need at the moment. My son will be eleven in a few days time. He is a strapping boy and he has reached the early stages of puberty. The problem is that H is coming home with the most obscene language imaginable. I am by no means a prude. I know that 11 year olds talk about sex and I accept that perhaps most children will know some sexual swearwords before they reach secondary school, but H's language is graphically sexual. I have talked to H about his language. I have told him that he must not use sex words at home (he has an 8 year old brother), and I have even asked him if he knows what some of the words mean (he does!). How can I make him understand the boundaries? The school have already sent a mesaage to parents reminding them to supervise children on the internet (although I suspect the content comes from some of the other boys' older siblings).

Thanks,

I think that would be useful and worthwhile. when I traveled through puberty, Asperger's was not known about. I went to special school. It was a scary time. I was not diagnosed until I was 34. Good luck with your ambitions.