Sign in to follow this  
sadie

quoting from posts

Stupid me!!! Can't even figure out how to quote a line from other peoples postings... I've tried cut ,copy and paste and I've tried 'quote'. The best I get is the whole post....given up now.....can anybody talk me through it in a,b,c stages?Thanks, Sadie.

PS....I only learnt to use the computer whilst doing this and freecycle...motivation, eh?

can anybody talk me through it in a,b,c stages?

Not stupid, and I like the motivation :D

I've got to go out to the docs in about 10 minutes, but I'll try some simple instructions which you can play around with and try, then help you again wherever you get stuck when I'm back.

a) Click on quote for the person/people you want to quote

b ) Click add reply

c) In the box you type your reply in you will see all the text of the original poster, but before it, there will be something like this:

and at the end of it there will be something like this:

[/quote ]

(although it won't have the space I have added)

Altogether it will look something like this:

Stupid me!!! Can't even figure out how to quote a line from other peoples postings... I've tried cut ,copy and paste and I've tried 'quote'. The best I get is the whole post....given up now.....can anybody talk me through it in a,b,c stages?Thanks, Sadie.

PS....I only learnt to use the computer whilst doing this and freecycle...motivation, eh?

[/quote ]

d) Then you need to highlight the bits you don't want. Place your cursor using the mouse at the beginning of a bit you don't want, hold down the left mouse button and drag through the text you don't want and let go of the button. That text will be highlighted. Then press backspace or delete on your keyboard and it will disappear - but make sure the bits the computer added and the bit you want to quote are still there. You will end up with something like this:

can anybody talk me through it in a,b,c stages?Thanks, Sadie.

[/quote ]

e) Then type your reply underneath:

can anybody talk me through it in a,b,c stages?Thanks, Sadie.

[/quote ]

Type reply here - blah blah blah

f) When you've finished click add reply in the normal way.

Sorry that's a bit rushed, I'll be back later and I'm sure others will be along who can help in the meantime. :D

Never thought you'd ever catch me in the techie corner!!!!!!!!

Now for the next question........

Just joined the ASD/puberty forum.....my e-mail address contains my name and I don't want this to be visible to the public when I make any posts. Tried changing my profile but stays the same......Can I alter it or can I use another e-mail? Any advice anyone? If new e-mail address suggested how do I go about doing this? (Last one set up on my behalf)

Hi sadie,

The ASD/puberty forum is completely separate from this one. If you've got any questions about it, it's best to pm Cat who set it up.

I'm assuming you know how to send a pm, but if you don't please ask, someone will be along to help. :)

K x