Bagpuss

Anyone fancy a Northern meet up?

Title says it all really.........anybody up for it?

Will probably be mid August before I can make it though.

Happy to travel to Newcastle again if that suits everyone better.

:D

Will probably be mid August before I can make it though.

Won't the snow be a bit deep up North by then? :unsure:

:P

You going to come?

Only fair....I'm coming to Greenwich :)

Yes, but you have gravity on your side coming South and you get to come somewhere warm and sane - hardly seems like a fair swap if I have to come North - I've been reading all about you coal keeping in the bath (if you have one) Northerners you know ... :devil:

KarenT makes a mean muffin :thumbs:

Ahh, well that changes everything The way to Grumbles Heart, that is :eat::eat1:

... *thinks again* - a mean muffin? I don't like the sound of that - what does it do - fight on the way down? :fight::lol: Or maybe it's just a mirage muffin - now that would be mean :lol:

[Don't worry, this'll put Mumble off]

I'd be up for it (provided that I'm allowed back into polite society) - some dates (as in 'all of them') still available

I've just checked my diary and I appear to be busy in August. Painting gold pavements. It's part of my community service order.

:lol::lol::lol:

:notworthy::clap::notworthy::clap:

:thumbs:

" By George, I think she's got it! "

You can now add GSOH to your CV.

:first:

i could be interested - may make it into a long weekend with the kids - if there a raf base nearby i would be able to stop there!!!!

York in a day would be possible for me - further North than that and I would have difficulty getting there (and back) in daylight ... (it's always light in London)

Anyway, I don't have any coal so couldn't go further North. Aren't you supposed to take coal if you visit Newcastle? :unsure:

Not sure about August, very busy with resits. I would like to go to another meet but would have to be able to get there and back in a day or find somewhere cheap to stay.

I would probably be OK with York (eek!! another scary new driving experience!!) but waiting to see what's decided about dates before I commit. Would like to include J too, if poss!

Karen

x

(it's always light in London)

That's because you live next to a streetlight :devil:

Can I just say that if you're looking at York then August is probably best - not many places that are under cover if the weather is bad

Edited by TheNeil

:oops: Checked diary, and I'm afraid I'm only free Sat 9th August or Sun 10th August.

DH is likely to be away on the night on Friday 8th August, so would be abit of a rush for me/us to get to York on the Saturday, but could make it so long as it's not horribly early. I think we'd probably try and come minus kiddiewinks if my mum is happy to sit so we can escape for the whole day and night :whistle:

Anyone else free that weekend? :pray:

My social diary has been checked and I'm free that weekend (and the weekend before)(and the weekend after)(and the weekend after that)(and...) :(

My social diary has been checked and I'm free that weekend (and the weekend before)(and the weekend after)(and the weekend after that)(and...) :(

Really? What, even for babysitting duties? :devil:

>:D<<'>

Really? What, even for babysitting duties? :devil:

>:D<<'>

Not since the court granted the permit - I'm now legally allowed to kill 'those darn pesky kids' (as the judge put it). It's kind of like James Bond's license to kill but far more useful. :devil:

The woman in Gregg's didn't believe when I throttled her child but a quick flash of the permit and she was fine about it :whistle: (I even got a discount on a couple of Belgian buns)(I have no idea what I'm talking about - my mind (such that it is) has now totally gone. For God's sake help me :wacko:)

Would you trust a man who fantasises about getting discounts in a baker's shop with your kids?

Edited by TheNeil

A license to cull, what wouldn't I give for one of those.

OFSTED would hold no fears for me then!

i could be interested - may make it into a long weekend with the kids - if there a raf base nearby i would be able to stop there!!!!

Linton on Ouse is near York I think :unsure:

Leeming? Would that be close enough? :unsure:

Not since the court granted the permit - I'm now legally allowed to kill 'those darn pesky kids' (as the judge put it). It's kind of like James Bond's license to kill but far more useful. :devil:

The woman in Gregg's didn't believe when I throttled her child but a quick flash of the permit and she was fine about it :whistle: (I even got a discount on a couple of Belgian buns)(I have no idea what I'm talking about - my mind (such that it is) has now totally gone. For God's sake help me :wacko:)

Would you trust a man who fantasises about getting discounts in a baker's shop with your kids?

Well that sounds kinda sensible to me TN and DH has been doing it for years :devil:

:oops: Checked diary, and I'm afraid I'm only free Sat 9th August or Sun 10th August.

DH is likely to be away on the night on Friday 8th August, so would be abit of a rush for me/us to get to York on the Saturday, but could make it so long as it's not horribly early. I think we'd probably try and come minus kiddiewinks if my mum is happy to sit so we can escape for the whole day and night :whistle:

Anyone else free that weekend? :pray:

I'm free (plus my boys!!!!) so will have to be entertaining for them :whistle:

Well that sounds kinda sensible to me TN and DH has been doing it for years :devil:

Are you talking about the throttling of kids or the dreaming about getting a discount in a baker's shop? :lol:

If its in Newcastle i can make the 9th Aug for once!!! But my sis is coming up for the night from london so wont be able to travel too far il keep an eye on thread :thumbs:

That's TheNeil, he always causes trouble :shame:

Okey dokey, seems like 9th August is ok for most, need to decide if it's going to be York or Newcastle....can I have preferences perlease so we can go with majority.

Or we could be vairy refined and go to Harrogate :whistle: Don't they have baths? That'd be cosy :clap:

That's TheNeil, he always causes trouble :shame:

Okey dokey, seems like 9th August is ok for most, need to decide if it's going to be York or Newcastle....can I have preferences perlease so we can go with majority.

Or we could be vairy refined and go to Harrogate :whistle: Don't they have baths? That'd be cosy :clap:

Couldn't be Harrogate (be handy for certain people though...bwuhahahahaha). The local laws only permit two 'outsiders' per resident so I wouldn't be able to arrange passes for everyone.

I'm easy either way (with regards York or Newcastle)(I'd hate anyone to get the wrong impression about me. I'm naive and innocent and with good old-fashioned Victorian moral values so really I have no idea about how else that statement could be taken :whistle:) - just as long as there's some sort of demonstration going on, I'll be happy.

Not sure which is best if kiddie winks are coming along though so maybe this might make the decision at the end of the day (I'm not getting involved though - just tell me where and when and I'll just turn up this time around B) )

Oh my oh my, I am never ever having a social life and going out for drinkies again :drunk: Loook at all this ammo ... :P:D

That's because you live next to a streetlight :devil:

:shame: What did the judge tell you about stalking me. *Goes to check restraining order* Yep, it definitely says, no nearer than 100 yards. I shall have to report you in the morning when I have a little less alhicol in the blood and am more likely to be believed - you'll be back to road sweeping in no time, you mark me words ... (what exactly does that saying mean? :unsure:)

Can I just say that if you're looking at York then August is probably best - not many places that are under cover if the weather is bad

A Northerner scared of the rain? :o

As long as they're not ring doughnuts ... :sick: (sorry family forum and all that ...) I just meant ring donuts are really rather plain and boring - if some man was going to take my fantasy kids for fantasy doughnuts, I'd expect something a little more cultural and interesting ... (Whistles :whistle: think I got away with that one :unsure:)

TN and DH has been doing it for years :devil:

:o :o :o

But I hear there's some right weirdo who lives there. Name prefixed by 'The' or something. Like The Yeti. Or The Snowman. :P They do have baths. They're for keeping coal in. I really don't want to be getting 'cosy' in a bath of coal.

My vote's for York. I can do York. Any time in August (with notice) although preferably not too near the end as I have to do panicking then ...

(Shuttup at the back, I heard that, move it to Newcastle and scupper the Mumble indeed :( I is very very insulterised and upsetted now. I shall be taking me head to bed .... :shame::lol:)

York on 9th is fine for the Thirlaways. J will have to miss karate (I know how you like to see him in his suit, Baggers :wub: ) but that's tough.

There's always the railway museum for kiddiwumps, and it's free.

Karen

x

My vote's for York. I can do York. Any time in August (with notice) although preferably not too near the end as I have to do panicking then ...

(Shuttup at the back, I heard that, move it to Newcastle and scupper the Mumble indeed :( I is very very insulterised and upsetted now. I shall be taking me head to bed .... :shame::lol:)

Well...maybe Newcastle might be a better option :whistle::devil:

Obviously it'd mean some of us moving our baths full of coal but I suppose that's a small price to pay

York is 3.5hrs away from here and Newcastle is 4.5hrs on train. I vote York if possible :thumbs:

I think I could afford the fare to York, just looked at Newcastle fare and it is double that of York.