Bagpuss

Anyone fancy a Northern meet up?

Hurrah! We have the Preston Princess!!

REALLY looking forward to seeing you there, Sue!

K

x

Mmmm not sure about the princess bit hon!!!!!!

You will have to let me know what you are doing or would it be cheaper to all go together in the car???? What do you think? Although the boys might be excited about going on the train.................. mmmmmm

You do realise that if we go by car JP will insist on driving? I was hoping for a relaxing day! :lol:

Is that not taking the York/Viking theme a little too far ... :P

Anyway, thanks for the offer - I shall look out for people like Pearl and TheNeil. Now my only concern is picking you out amongst the crowd of similarly dressed people ... :lol: :lol: :devil:

I am rather liking the tri-sporran thingy going on in that outfit :whistle:

*wonders if they sell them in G*p*

So we're all set :thumbs:

Sat 9th August, York NRM, 11am :thumbs:

Anymore for anymore? :unsure:

In the immortal words of Delia

Come On.......Let's Be 'Aving Ya!

:D

Edited by Bagpuss

What are we doing for lunch? I'll bring packed stuff for J just in case (picky begger that he is) but do we want to plan something or just have a picnic?

K

x

I'd kinda assumed you'd feed DH and I Karen being voted Mrs Organised North East two years running :P

Ooooh, I don't know about lunch........what does everyone fancy doing?

We're pretty easy about what we do/eat :)

I'm off to see my mum tomorrow to beg ask her to have our kiddiewinks overnight :pray:

Don't really mind what we do re. food. Is there a cafe at the museum? Or we could bring a packed lunch.

Or we could kidnap Bard & make her feed us :lol:

From what I remember there is a cafe in the NRM, infact I think there is a couple? :unsure: One serving cakes/teas etc and another on a platform (don't know what they sell I'm afraid) have just seen ladies serving teas etc. I'm just assuming it's a cafe, maybe it's not, maybe it's prebooked for peeps :unsure: See, I know nuffink :wacko:

I'm sure there are also picnic tables inside on one of the platforms, but don't know about outside (I know you can eat in a carriage, but don't know if you have to book).

So, after all that wittering on, no one is any the wiser are they. :lol:

If I can get some chicken nuggets and chips at a cafe somewhere for my two boys then that is all I need!!!!!

:whistle::whistle:

"Brief Encounter, our licensed restaurant, serves full meals and light snacks and is situated in the Station Hall.

For lighter snacks, sandwiches, tea, coffee and soft drinks check-out The Signal Box Cafe in the Main Hall.

During the holiday season we have a Barbecue in the South Yard for more tasty treats"

Think that just about covers it. Sure there will be somewhere to eat a packed lunch too.

IIRC the Brief Encounter restaurant gets pretty busy, I'd imagine more so at peak times.

I reckon I'll just fill a bag with contingency snacks and see what we can get in the museum, then if there's nowt at least we won't go hungry.

K

x

One serving cakes/teas

Should anyone lose me, you'll know where to find me :eat::eat1: That's if you didn't purposely lose me :unsure::shame:

Awwwww SATURDAY ....... and I thought everyone knew that my DD had just started RDA (horse riding) lessons... Sorry all, :( they're too important to miss. Hope you have a good time though.

I plan to join you. I assume this is the York thread. Not had time to read through it properly. Getting distracted again. Off to bed, David. (Don't worry just telling myself off. Ask my students I do it occasionally. At least one of them thinks I'm weird (don't know where he got that idea), then the other support assistnant in the class is Weirdest as she called him Weirder. I do like school. :whistle: ) See you all soon. [MESSAGE TO SELF - NOW GO TO BED AND STOP TYPING ESSAYS.]

OK, so what special event is happening in York that weekend? :unsure: Every Youth Hostel, Backpackers Hostel, Bunkhouse and squat is fully booked. No one has space for one single lonely quiet female :(

I still hope to be coming but it'll just be for the day and it means I'll be knackered which might not be so good. I coped with the Greenwich meet-up for so long and then tired quickly so I should be nicely knackered before long with this one. Will some nice Viking please meet me somewhere so I don't get lost? :D

OK, so what special event is happening in York that weekend? :unsure: Every Youth Hostel, Backpackers Hostel, Bunkhouse and squat is fully booked. No one has space for one single lonely quiet female :(

I still hope to be coming but it'll just be for the day and it means I'll be knackered which might not be so good. I coped with the Greenwich meet-up for so long and then tired quickly so I should be nicely knackered before long with this one. Will some nice Viking please meet me somewhere so I don't get lost? :D

I expect one of us can give you a lift further north if that would help you find accomidation. I know I for one am planning on driving. :) You could come and visit Durham as well if you want. :D

Will some nice Viking please meet me somewhere so I don't get lost? :D

Despite the gloom and the need to drag a coal full of bath around, I'm sure we can sort something out (unlike the cockerknees, we don't have Pearly Kings and Queens or gold pavements to distract us :whistle:)

the need to drag a coal full of bath

A coal full of Bath - how the heck do you fit a whole Roman city in one piece of coal? Impressive.

I expect one of us can give you a lift further north if that would help you find accomidation. I know I for one am planning on driving. :) You could come and visit Durham as well if you want. :D

It's OK, but thanks (and I read about your driving - better than Warren, but still ... :whistle:). I'm using the excuse of no holiday to York to have a longer holiday in September time when the kiddies have gone back to skool. :D

A coal full of Bath - how the heck do you fit a whole Roman city in one piece of coal? Impressive.

This is what happens if you work too hard - your brain melts and then it's goodbye sanity :wacko:

I knew what I meant...just a shame no-one else ever does :dance:

This is what happens if you work too hard - your brain melts and then it's goodbye sanity :wacko:

I knew what I meant...just a shame no-one else ever does :dance:

Sorry Neil, didn't mean to insult you. :( I've gone and done it again picking up on typos. I'm not in a good place (gawd I hate London ...) right now so not thinking before I type - sorry.

Sorry Neil, didn't mean to insult you. :( I've gone and done it again picking up on typos. I'm not in a good place (gawd I hate London ...) right now so not thinking before I type - sorry.

Oh don't worry about it. It's my own stupid fault for trying to write on forums while coding and not getting shouted at by a scary Irishman (that and not proff-reading)(:whistle:). I have now officially decided to offer you the job of picking up my mistakes (and that's a lot of work :lol:) >:D<<'>

And there was me thinking that London tahhhhhhnnnnnnn was full of Eastend pubs, flower stalls and the like. Is no-one nearby telling 'Mother Brown' to get her knees up or going 'down the Strand' (and eating bananas)? (Whatever the hell that lot means) :devil:

I have now officially decided to offer you the job of picking up my mistakes

Well there's your first one ... :whistle:

Just bumping this up cos it is not long now till 9th Aug!!!!

Has anyone heard from Baggy??

Is everyone still going to go???

I am still up for going with my 2 boys......... and as far as I know Pearl & JP are still going and KarenT & J.

Shall we just have a quick show of hands to check who is going again and keep the arrangements as they were................

YORK NRM @ 11am Sat 9th Aug

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Has anyone heard from Baggy??

I still can't believe she's really gone. :tearful: I've PM'd her a couple of times but she hasn't replied. :(

~ Mel ~

Yup we are still going, we have booked our tickets & our train gets in at 10:20.

Baggy def isnt coming. She's in touch with peeps thru FB.

Don't let this go to your head Neil, but I'm hoping you'll be a terrible example positive role model for JP :lol:

I'm reading his book. I think you may find the scratched out words closer to the truth ... :devil::whistle: I'm still comin', I'm looking forward to having a go at a load of Northerners ... :lol: :lol:

Don't let this go to your head Neil, but I'm hoping you'll be a terrible example positive role model for JP :lol:

Pearl if that's how you see me then...I fear for the future :whistle:

As an aside, does anyone want to run a sweepstake as to who'll get thrown out first? I'd like to put �5 on myself being booted out in under ten minutes. I'm not sure what the exact reason will be but I'm sure the voices in my head will come up with something suitably spectacular :devil:

Edited by TheNeil

Just remember we will outnumber you, Miss Sparklytoes :devil:

Just out of interest, do you have a preferred method of exacting revenge on Mumble for all of her anti-northern comments? Personally I like a good old fashioned 'burning at the stake' but I'm open to suggestions :devil:

Just out of interest, do you have a preferred method of exacting revenge on Mumble for all of her anti-northern comments? Personally I like a good old fashioned 'burning at the stake' but I'm open to suggestions :devil:

You'll have to catch me first!

*runs through water - that'll put 'em off the scent*

Baggy def isnt coming. She's in touch with peeps thru FB.

FB? Do you know if she's still accessing her PM system, as I've sent a couple of messages, don't know if she's seen them. Didn't think I'd done anything to upset her. :tearful:

~ Mel ~

FB? Do you know if she's still accessing her PM system, as I've sent a couple of messages, don't know if she's seen them. Didn't think I'd done anything to upset her. :tearful:

~ Mel ~

Mel, I don't think anyone has done anything to upset Bagpus :( nothing at all.

Flo' :)

Mel, I don't think anyone has done anything to upset Bagpus :( nothing at all.

Flo' :)

Oh, I'm confused then. :(

~ Mel ~

You'll have to catch me first!

*runs through water - that'll put 'em off the scent*

[sniffes air, adopts Clint Eastwood style 'Texas Ranger' expression] - Thataway...and get the rusty pliers and the nail-polish remover :ph34r: