Bagpuss

Anyone fancy a Northern meet up?

[sniffes air, adopts Clint Eastwood style 'Texas Ranger' expression] - Thataway...and get the rusty pliers and the nail-polish remover :ph34r:

You forgot the matches.

*Escapes to live and cause mayhem for another day* Mahahahahaha :devil:

You forgot the matches.

*Escapes to live and cause mayhem for another day* Mahahahahaha :devil:

Matches are too quick. Now follow the scent of glitter... No, not Gary Glitter, the other kind :o

Matches are too quick. Now follow the scent of glitter... No, not Gary Glitter, the other kind :o

Looks like I won't even be surviving 5 minutes :(

Oh, but did you remember the rope to tie me to the stake? :devil:

Oh, but did you remember the rope to tie me to the stake? :devil:

I am not going to rise to suggestions about tying you up - this is a family forum and...err etc. :whistle:

I am not going to rise to suggestions about tying you up - this is a family forum and...err etc. :whistle:

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :devil:

TN.... how is badonkadonk these days? When are you guys getting married? Haven't seen her on the forum for a long while

Flo' :D

FB? Do you know if she's still accessing her PM system, as I've sent a couple of messages, don't know if she's seen them. Didn't think I'd done anything to upset her. :tearful:

~ Mel ~

Sorry Mel - FaceBook. I pm'd her first but she hasnt been back to check which is why she hasnt replied, you havent done anything to upset her >:D<<'>

TN.... how is badonkadonk these days? When are you guys getting married? Haven't seen her on the forum for a long while

We're not. We split up a couple of months ago

I'm sorry of this sounds cruel or standoffish but I won't go into any details in public

Edited by TheNeil

We're not. We split up a couple of months ago

I'm sorry of this sounds cruel or standoffish but I won't go into any details in public

Oh sorry to hear that TN. Of course you shouldn't go into details in public.

Flo' X

I'm sorry to hear that Neil! I kind of guessed, but I was worried I would upset you if I asked. It's always best not to go into details publicly, even if it was amicable. Anyway, I'm really sorry it didn't work out.

I'm sorry to hear that Neil! I kind of guessed, but I was worried I would upset you if I asked. It's always best not to go into details publicly, even if it was amicable. Anyway, I'm really sorry it didn't work out.

I'm not upset and am more than happy to talk about it...just not on a public forum (anyone who wants to know can always send me a PM)

Aw, that's a shame Neil. Sorry it didn't work out for you both. Is E OK?

Back to the thread... J and I are definitely coming to York, looking forward to it.

Karen

x

J and I are definitely coming to York, looking forward to it.

Karen

x

Hoorah you are back!!! Did you have a good hol??

Can't wait to see you on the 9th

xx >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

I bought my train tickets today so I'm definitely coming (that is if I don't instantaneously freeze on passing through the Watford Gap dividing wall). :lol: :lol:

I should be a perfect wreck by the time I get there - it seems that 'a window seat on my own in the quiet carriage' is asking for too much so instead I have an aisle seat with a group of three not in the quiet carriage ... :unsure: :unsure:

I bought my train tickets today so I'm definitely coming (that is if I don't instantaneously freeze on passing through the Watford Gap dividing wall). :lol: :lol:

Don't worry - the flames from the 'ritual burning of southern heathens' that you'll be experiencing when you get to York should warm you up :devil:

Mumble, could you do one of your alphabetty rainbow guest lists pleeeeeease? :pray:

They look so priddy.

Well last time I did one, I was quizzed by more than one member as to what secret code the different colours concealed ... :unsure: (if you haven't worked it out yet, keep scratching those brain cells :devil:)

So a much easier coded system this time, but still in alphabetical order (of course :rolleyes:)

So it's:

NRM, York, Saturday 9th August, 11am

ASue67

ASue67 Littlie 1

ASue67 Littlie 2

DMB

JP

Karen T

Karen T's J

Mumble

Pearl

TheNeil

Someone else who has been there will need to be organised on the day - else I'll be getting off the train and thinking, ahh, trains, building, must be the railway museum :lol: :lol:

What did we decide about food? - I'd rather just get something there (I think someone mentioned cake ... :eat:) than have to do thinking about food at the ridiculous time I'm having to leave in order to penetrate the 4th dimension and drop into the Northern Plane.

No, I don't know what I'm talking about either.

:notworthy:

Why are you green? Is it with envy that we live in the North and you don't? :lol:

I think some are bringing food & some are eating in the cafe at the museum, so there will be someone to eat lunch with whatever you do. We havent decided yet.

What time does your train get in? Ours gets in at 10:20 so we could meet you there if you like, then get lost together trying to find the museum!

:notworthy:

Why are you green? Is it with envy that we live in the North and you don't? :lol:

I think it's because she's the condemned woman and it's kind of like The Green Mile (or something) :devil:

I don't mind meeting people at the station (being a kind of 'local') and helping them get lost :whistle:

Ha. Ha. Ha.

The question is, why are you all grey ... I was going to do black, it would have been more accurate, but that was then indistinguishable from the rest of the text. :ph34r: :ph34r: (aha - remember that discussion of what this emoticon was - it's Northerners with coal faces!!! :ph34r:)

What time does your train get in? Ours gets in at 10:20 so we could meet you there if you like, then get lost together trying to find the museum!

9:57am And it's the only train, so if it doesn't run I won't be there (shhh, I heard the :groupwave:) (it's not literally the only train (else there would be no museum ... or maybe that's why there aren't any trains. Actually, I've just seen the solution to over-crowding on Britain's railways - I think most people would sacrifice the NRM and the London Transport Museum for more trains and more seats ... :huh:), it's the only train running the route I'm taking to save money :unsure:)

Hoorah you are back!!! Did you have a good hol??

Can't wait to see you on the 9th

xx >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Hi Chuck

Had a fab holiday, weather was great and J managed fine. He's in summer scheme this week and it's fantastic, he's really enjoying himself and they have loads of activities arranged.

Really looking forward to seeing everyone in York, but a bit nervous about driving through York, on a Saturday, in the middle of the tourist season. Ah well, time will tell!

Karen

Hi Chuck

Had a fab holiday, weather was great and J managed fine. He's in summer scheme this week and it's fantastic, he's really enjoying himself and they have loads of activities arranged.

Really looking forward to seeing everyone in York, but a bit nervous about driving through York, on a Saturday, in the middle of the tourist season. Ah well, time will tell!

Karen

You will be fine hon!!!! I hate driving thru strange places when it is busy too so you are not the only one!!!

Shall we meet by the car park or somewhere else (not sure what the arrangement is for meeting up yet?)? Can txt you or ring you on mob to let you know when we are there!!!

Boys are off to my dads today till Saturday to give me a bit of a break............. will miss them but am looking forward to a couple of days not running round after them!!!

Talk soon hon xx

Shall we meet by the car park or somewhere else

I maybe imagined it, but I thought we were meeting at NRM anyway. Front reception desk sound OK to everyone? Or just outside, 11am?

Karen

x

I maybe imagined it, but I thought we were meeting at NRM anyway. Front reception desk sound OK to everyone? Or just outside, 11am?

Karen

x

Perhaps we should leave that for the weather to decide :whistle:

If it was me then I'd opt for outside

May I ask what we shall be doing on this meet?

I cant commit to anything yet as my parents will have to give me a lift to railway stations etc, but it would be great if I can go.

If I came along York would be easier for me - its 1 hour up the East Coast Main Line.

Edit: Just read through more of this thread to see what we shall be doing, however if there is anything else let me know:)

Edited by CEJesson

Sorry I didnt see this thread until today! woops!

May I ask what we shall be doing on this meet?

Just what's on this thread - Northerners just ain't as organised as us Southerners and our Greenwich Meet :devil:

If it's dry (yeah right, like it's ever dry in the North :lol::whistle:), meeting outside the National Railway museum at 11am, if it's wet, meeting inside the National Railway Museum at 11am.

I don't know how we're identifying ourselves, I know Pearl, JP and DMB but that's it.

Just what's on this thread - Northerners just ain't as organised as us Southerners and our Greenwich Meet :devil:

Nah, it's just that we're more easy going and less rigid :devil:

We could all wear deelyboppers. :partytime:

Or not. :P

Nah, it's just that we're more easy going and less rigid :devil:

I hope you are aware that such a statement contravenes Aspie Rule 73: "Thou shalt be rigid about being rigid to the point of rigour mortis"

I hope you are aware that such a statement contravenes Aspie Rule 73: "Thou shalt be rigid about being rigid to the point of rigour mortis"

You're forgetting about the 1998 amendment put forward by Lord Sacha Baron Cohen:

Aspie Rule 73: "Thou shalt be rigid about being rigid to the point of rigour mortis...except when railway museums are concerned (in such situations the need to arrange a detailed schedule (accompanied with the appropriate Gantt Chart(s)) can be ignored - this however does not extend to deelyboppers)"

You're forgetting about the 1998 amendment put forward by Lord Sacha Baron Cohen

Sorry, it's the AS, I forget things (except my brick) :P

No one's added much to this thread recently :( I'm assuming it's still going ahead? Whatever happens, I shall be in York on Saturday as I bought my train tickets in advance, and if no one else is there I'm sure I can find tea, cake and shopping - I can't think what else I would need :eat::eat1:

The York weather forecast is horrendous for Saturday (from a Southern perspective - I assume you Northerners would call it 'normal' or even 'balmy') - Heavy rain, poor visibility and cold (for the south) :( I assume that means the meet-up will be inside, although I may try and remember to bring an umbrella (you see us Southerners don't really get this need to protect from the elephants thing ... :whistle:)

Can we have a show of hands as to who is still going, or are you all chickening out? Pearl (& old JP) are you coming still? Haven't seen DMB around for a while - anyone know if he's coming? Other people? :unsure: :unsure:

Yes, we have bought our train tickets too! According to long range forecast its not supposed to be too bad on sat so dont despair. So I presume its outside/just inside the place according to the weather?

Yes, we have bought our train tickets too! According to long range forecast its not supposed to be too bad on sat so dont despair. So I presume its outside/just inside the place according to the weather?

Yep - looking forward to meeting you and JP again. You appeared to be fairly sane ( >:D<<'> ), so I'm hoping you will protect me from all the strange Northerners :wacko::lol:

Are you booked on a train going home? Mine isn't until late (well 7:16pm - it was much cheaper that way) so I was hoping to find somewhere in York (preferable with tea and cake :eat:) to hang around until then, as I'm assuming most people will be going home sooner.

We are still coming!!!!! Driving over and parking in the NRM car park............... am looking forward to meeting you Mumble!!!!!

We will protect you from the rain, we all have hard skins up north :lol:

I'm still coming (sorry - I tried but nothing else came up in my busy(?) social schedule so you're stuck with me)

Don't worry about the weather forecast. Yesterday the forecast was for blazing sunshine, now it's for showers. In truth it's all a cinspiracy to make you southern types think that it rains up here all the time so that you don't come along and clutter the place up :devil: