hello :)

my name is jessica.

I'm 15 & comefrom glasgow.

i was diagnosed with aspergers 4 years ago.

lifes been hard lately and I was told about thsi website for support and such :)

I don't think I've been this alone since I moved primary at 11.

I lost all my friends back then.

ones I was bound to go to high school with & ones I loved and others I hated.

The weird thing is its the same now.I've lost friends but I'm unable to escape somwhere else.

I face these people and my insides feel like an overflowing well.

I always thought I'd look back on our tears and laugh, but I never thought I'd look back on our laughter and cry...

I have made friends recently with a wonderful girl called kathy & have got closer to an older distant friend steven but apart from brief time with them I'm alone all the time even with my family.

things are confusing and my energy is sapped.

I.hoping to try and meet other aspies but theres no groups for teens here in south lanrkshire.

I'm looking forward to getting involved in the forum.

thanks ^^

hi and sending u hugs >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> jo

thankyou love ^^

Hi jessica Welcome to the Forum. :) Karen.

thankyou love!!^^

Welcome Jessica :)

thanks everyone ^^

Welcome Jessica, I hope you find this place friendly enough. Sorry to hear you are feeling lonely right now *sends lots of hugs*

thankyou love ^^

Hi Jessica,

Welcome to the forum. >:D<<'>

I have a daughter 18 and a son 21. :) Both my kids have had similar setbacks to you, but, just take one day at a time.

Lots of friendly people on here too.

Fran :)

Hi Jessica, and welcome to the forum.

School was a really rubbish time for me too. I didn't get my diagnosis until I was 25, so I didn't understand why at the time.

I ended up going to a new school for the 6th form. My mum realised I found it really hard to talk to people and gave me a few ideas of things to say, and that was really helpful. I also found the other pupils very welcoming. I think it was because they were already established in the school and had the time to welcome a newcomer because they weren't trying to fit in themselves. Also, they were a bit older than when we all started secondary school, and were a bit more mature. Maybe a new start would help you. It is not an easy thing to do, but if your parents can help you look around local 6th forms, you might find one that feels better.

Do you have any hobbies that you can do by yourself? I enjoy cross stitching and reading books.

Tally x

Hi Jessica, and welcome to the forum.

School was a really rubbish time for me too. I didn't get my diagnosis until I was 25, so I didn't understand why at the time.

I ended up going to a new school for the 6th form. My mum realised I found it really hard to talk to people and gave me a few ideas of things to say, and that was really helpful. I also found the other pupils very welcoming. I think it was because they were already established in the school and had the time to welcome a newcomer because they weren't trying to fit in themselves. Also, they were a bit older than when we all started secondary school, and were a bit more mature. Maybe a new start would help you. It is not an easy thing to do, but if your parents can help you look around local 6th forms, you might find one that feels better.

Do you have any hobbies that you can do by yourself? I enjoy cross stitching and reading books.

Tally x

I've been trying to get them to but they won't let me :(

they think its too much hassle so I'm stuck in hell bascially :wallbash:

quite a few :)

singing,reading anything and everything,writing poems and lyrics,watching films and drawing.

Hello Jessica, welcome to the site. I have a 14 year old son with an autistic spectrum disorder and he has days where he really struggles at school. Are there any local clubs/activities you could join?

It can be very difficult at times but just remember to take one day at a time. Have you tried talking to your parents? You could write a poem about how your feeling and show them. Look forward to chatting. X

Hello Jessica, welcome to the site. I have a 14 year old son with an autistic spectrum disorder and he has days where he really struggles at school. Are there any local clubs/activities you could join?

It can be very difficult at times but just remember to take one day at a time. Have you tried talking to your parents? You could write a poem about how your feeling and show them. Look forward to chatting. X

I'm in a band course just now as singer and lyrcist.its what i Live for and soothes my anxiety a lot of the time.the band might carry on afterwards as our teachers like us so much :)

so thats helped profundly but one week I'm dead on top of the world like this...the next....

i dunno any others except a autism spectrum club I've seen on here I'm looking into :)

I guess I do have to....

:wallbash:

things are difficult with them lately.

they've seen quite a number of my crumbled poems around!!!XD

thankyou love same to you!^^

Hi, you sound so lovely! Sorry to hear you're having a hard time. I'll bet there's other girls at school that feel the same way you do, that can't articulate themselves as well as you do! Things can change, don't give up trying to make friends, sometimes they come along unexpectedly!

Sending a hug >:D<<'>

Mandy

Welcome to the forum Jessica! :)

My daughter had similar problems to you when she was at school. She also found that focusing on music writing and drawing helped her cope with the school environment. I hope you get the support you need - and hang in there - time goes quickly and it won't be too long before you are out of the school environment altogether.

K x

Hiya and welcome to the forum, hope you find support and friendship here.

My son is 13 and been out of school for almost a year following at break down in yr 8. Aspergers can be so tough for teenagers and life can be tough and frustrating too for teenagers.

Clare :)

Hiya and welcome to the forum, hope you find support and friendship here.

My son is 13 and been out of school for almost a year following at break down in yr 8. Aspergers can be so tough for teenagers and life can be tough and frustrating too for teenagers.

Clare :)

my year last year was really like that and I'm worried I'm going to do terrible in my exams now.

hope things get better for him love <3

Welcome!

I must admit to finding high school (I'm 35 now, so that was a long time ago!) very stressful. I'd go as far as to say I hated it. I was bullied, had no self confidence/very low self esteem and the smallest things would prey on my mind. I don't have an ASD, but it seems perhaps had/have similar feelings. It's also a tricky time - now you can tell I'm an oldie because I'm going to say what most might - hormones play havoc with emotions, etc! Be assured that whilst I'm not claiming that feelings of confusion, inadequacy, low confidence, etc disappear with age and maturity, I've found that I'm a very different person now than I was when I was 15 (aside from the wrinkles, grey hair, cellulite and generally everything pointing southwards!). I'm much better at coping in difficult situations, whilst I have few friends, the ones that I do are good ones, I'm more confident, etc. I genuinely believe that with age, maturity and experience things will improve.

Hope you find the forum a place where you can meet others in a similar situation and get support.

Best wishes

Caroline.