Sign in to follow this  
rocketgob

Sensory Profile

Hi all

Does anyone know anything about the scores given on the Winnie Dunn Sensory Profile? The score that Charlie got was 388 - I would be interested to know because we have now been given a further questionnaire as he "is showing sensory behavioural issues"

Just like to understand thing iykwim

Thanks all xx

Hi,

my dd had a sensory profile recently; I wasn't given an overall score; the OT sent me a written report which described the particular areas that she is having problems with sensory processing. Maybe you could contact the OT if you need to have any questions answered?

s

xxx

Edited by Sallya

I agree with Sallya. I'd contact the OT.

We did a sensory profile for our youngest DD, and we didn't get a score from what I remember. Like Sallya we received a report which showed our DD had significant difficulties in all areas consistent with a child dx with MD and ASD.

It wasn't very helpful I'm afraid and we didn't even receive very much advice afterwards.

I've just gone through my son's OT report. As part of his OT assessment they did the childrens version, and the post 11 version of the Winnie Dunn sensory profile. The results of these are detailed in the OT report but I can't find any scores as such! So sorry, can't shed any light on this for you.

Flora

My lad had his sensory report the other day n to be honest ive got to ask them what it means cos it has so many different scores for different stuff im lost lol-tho he has a diagnosis now so thats one thing lol.

Thanks all - the only reason I know the score is because they sent me a photocopy of the marked one I did during assessment. Apparently I have to look through it, mark any areas which have changed over the last couple of months and do an additional different one which goes right back to conception / birth :o - areas he has marked problems in are touch, sound, motion and taste at the moment and the second profile is supposed to show them which areas need attention first. It also covers behavioural issues as well.

Do let us know. We have just completed these and awaiting the results. The school teacher said "never" to every response- all 8 pages ( i have as a result lost all respect for this teacher as I cant see how she can comment on teeth brushing etc)Thankfully we got one filled out by the after school care team who have highlighted all these appropriate areas.

That made me laugh aswel-how can teachers comment on stuff like teeth brushing!!!!! :huh: