girl interrupted

SUMMER!Oh Joy.....

the friend problems have really stared effecting my summer.

I went to a music band course this week an I might even have a band now but I've been crying and upset a lot as the course is finished and its not certain people will wan to continue also the fact they have friends outside and I feel like a fake when I'm with them as when I've been going home this summer I don't have any proper friends.

I've been sleeping it away a lot an I know th only way I'm goin to make proper frnds is moving school but my parents don't want to hear it.

Hi GI (oooh ooh - is your name Joanne? If it is we can call you 'GI Jo'! :thumbs: If it isn't, can you pretend it is 'cos we love weak puns around here.... well I do, and everyone else indulges me... well some do, and i don't care about the others... well i do care about the others but... Oh b*gger, pass me a shovel will you....)

Anyway............................

What I was gonna say was, a week isn't very long to establish anything, so if the band thing doesn't happen it doesn't mean that you haven't made friends, it just means that it wasn't a long enough opportunity for things to gel, IYKWIM...

If there is one thing muso's tend to have in common (even frustrated one's who can't play an instrument or carry a tune in a bucket like me) it's a passion for their music and all that encompasses. Do something with your music (even if this current project doesn't pan out) and friends with similar tastes/aspirations are almost certain to follow.

I know that probably sounds weak and trite and all of that stuff right now, (and sorry but being old and male rather than young and female means i don't really have any insight into the rest of your worries) but i do know - and not in a wet 'John Miles' sort of way - music has been a shoo-in to many of my social connections (and so have books and movies, which i noticed you've posted on as well)...

If you can FORCE yourself, join some music/book/movie groups locally, and push yourself to go for maybe three/four sessions. My guess is you'll start connecting with at least one or two other people who like the same bands/books/films you do, and that common ground may be the start of something more general. If it aint, well at least you get to talk once a week/month/fortnight whatever about something that's close to your heart - and that's got to be a plus whatever angle you're looking from :D

>:D<<'> >:D<Was hoping someone nearer your age would answer! There must be some on this forum!!!! sorry you are having such a hard time, life is not easy at your age at the best of times, hang on in there it DOES get better >:D<<'> >:D<<'> :thumbs: Enid

Hi GI (oooh ooh - is your name Joanne? If it is we can call you 'GI Jo'! :thumbs: If it isn't, can you pretend it is 'cos we love weak puns around here.... well I do, and everyone else indulges me... well some do, and i don't care about the others... well i do care about the others but... Oh b*gger, pass me a shovel will you....)

Anyway............................

What I was gonna say was, a week isn't very long to establish anything, so if the band thing doesn't happen it doesn't mean that you haven't made friends, it just means that it wasn't a long enough opportunity for things to gel, IYKWIM...

If there is one thing muso's tend to have in common (even frustrated one's who can't play an instrument or carry a tune in a bucket like me) it's a passion for their music and all that encompasses. Do something with your music (even if this current project doesn't pan out) and friends with similar tastes/aspirations are almost certain to follow.

I know that probably sounds weak and trite and all of that stuff right now, (and sorry but being old and male rather than young and female means i don't really have any insight into the rest of your worries) but i do know - and not in a wet 'John Miles' sort of way - music has been a shoo-in to many of my social connections (and so have books and movies, which i noticed you've posted on as well)...

If you can FORCE yourself, join some music/book/movie groups locally, and push yourself to go for maybe three/four sessions. My guess is you'll start connecting with at least one or two other people who like the same bands/books/films you do, and that common ground may be the start of something more general. If it aint, well at least you get to talk once a week/month/fortnight whatever about something that's close to your heart - and that's got to be a plus whatever angle you're looking from :D

Its jess but go ahead XD

thansk for the ideas love.

I'm gonna defiantly give it ago...

I want to go to the edibrugh fridge infact which the small amount of friends I have would never go to D: gah.

i'm like an old man really.

Sound advice from baddad GI.

And I think thats the first time I've ever said that .... :lol:

i just realised where GI came from....

god I'm slow.....XD

:lol:>:D<<'>

any name longer than about, oooh, five letters will get abbreviated cos we is mostly one finger typers here!

I have three hands.

:]

I want to go to the edibrugh fridge infact which the small amount of friends I have would never go to D: gah.

Ben's best friend's sister is in a production of Alice In Wonderland... I've never met her, but I'm told she's playing alice and is short and 'rounded'.

If you get there and really want to freak someone out, look for a Hull based production and just go up and say 'Lewis says 'break a leg!'

Still, could have been worse - at least she's got the lead and she's not stuck with a duff part like the dormouse or one of the fat schoolboys!

:D

Ben's best friend's sister is in a production of Alice In Wonderland... I've never met her, but I'm told she's playing alice and is short and 'rounded'.

If you get there and really want to freak someone out, look for a Hull based production and just go up and say 'Lewis says 'break a leg!'

Still, could have been worse - at least she's got the lead and she's not stuck with a duff part like the dormouse or one of the fat schoolboys!

:D

awesome!!!XD

I tend to freak out people like that a lot XD

Mods where are you - Off with his head!!!! :fight::P

Perhaps I should explain, GI, that coincidentally I'm in a different production of "Alice" at the Fringe playing both the above mentioned parts as well as dancing with an inflatable flamingo.. :o

They wanted me to be Alice but I didn't have the hairband. ;)

I hope you get to the Fringe one day, GI, and that you find some like minded people who share your interests. :)

K x

Mods where are you - Off with his head!!!! :fight::P

They wanted me to be Alice but I didn't have the hairband. ;)

K x

She's a bit of a bighead - they couldn't find an Uber Alice band :whistle: