Sign in to follow this  
girl interrupted

songs/poems that remind you of asd/aspergers?

have you ever listened to any songs or read any poems that sum up how you feel or how it feels to care for someone with it?

I tend to think "how soon is now" by the smiths or "dear hermoine" by bowie are good examples.

whats yours?

To be honest I am not sure. However, I have heard people mention Kate Bush wrote some songs. But again some others could be more helpful.

But I love this song. Some of the words in the song make me wonder when you read between the lines.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Hv0azq9GF_g

When I was younger we did ballet to this, and the dance was really cool not to mention the dresses we wore.

:D

To be honest I am not sure. However, I have heard people mention Kate Bush wrote some songs. But again some others could be more helpful.

But I love this song. Some of the words in the song make me wonder when you read between the lines.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Hv0azq9GF_g

When I was younger we did ballet to this, and the dance was really cool not to mention the dresses we wore.

:D

god I love kate bush :D

you mean pi?

Not sure what pi is. :)

the song is kinda about a guy whos very mathmatical.I've heard that kate bush song get compared it it before :)

expectations by belle & sebastian is a good one as it explains it for me I guess.

the song is kinda about a guy whos very mathmatical.I've heard that kate bush song get compared it it before :)

expectations by belle & sebastian is a good one as it explains it for me I guess.

Hi Jessica, >:D<<'>

Can you pop the youtube links up to the songs you mention here and above, as I would like to listen to them. :) Also, some people on here don't know how to do youtube links and I am sure they would love to hear them.

There have been a few threads in the past to this, but I cant think of any songs. I remember one by Coldplay but not sure which song it was, on the video there was a robot. This was for more ASD than Aspergers I think.

:) xx

Not sure what pi is. :)

It's a mathematical constant defined as the ratio of the circumference of a circle to its diameter, i.e. pi=c/d (or it can also be the ratio of a circle's area to a square defined by the circle's radius).

Pi is an irrational number (I wonder if that means I should or should not like it :unsure:) and although it has been calculated to a trillion (10 to the power 12) digits, is often truncated to 3.14.

Alternatively, pi is apple filled pastry served with ice-cream or custard - Simpsons Maths - :eat:

Personally, I don't find it one of the most fascinating branches of mathematics - now Fibonacci sequences on the other hand ... :offtopic:

Pi - yep, extremely 'autie' but many of her other songs have that sort of introspective 'noodly' quality about them, and the subject matter is often very off-the-wall and 'visual thinking'...

Hounds of Love is almost all like that - minute details in intense focus etc...

Counting Backwards by Throwing Muses (though I know that's about KH's Schizophrenia, so maybe that's why?) - and lots of other KH tracks are about obsession...

This is going to sound really stupid :rolleyes: one song makes me think of my son. He loves music so much. When he was diagnosed, I heard this song and it just seemed to fit with his passive personality. I cried buckets. Silly I know. Flashdance, what a feeling.

First, when there's nothing but a slow glowing dream

That your fear seems to hide deep inside your mind

All alone I have cried silent tears full of pride

In a world made of steel, made of stone

Well I hear the music, close my eyes, feel the rhythm

Wrap around, take a hold of my heart

[Chorus:]

What a feeling, bein's believin'

I can't have it all, now I'm dancin' for my life

Take your passion, and make it happen

Pictures come alive, you can dance right through your life

[solo]

Now I hear the music, close my eyes, I am rhythm

In a flash it takes hold of my heart

[chorus (with ... "now I'm dancing through my life")]

What a feeling

What a feeling (I am music now), bein's believin' (I am rhythm now)

Pictures come alive, you can dance right through your life

What a feeling (I can really have it all)

What a feeling (Pictures come alive when I call)

I can have it all (I can really have it all)

Have it all (Pictures come alive when I call)

(call, call, call, call, what a feeling) I can have it all

(Bein's believin') bein's believin'

(Take your passion, make it happen) make it happen

(What a feeling) what a feeling... [to fade]

AGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

Feinites! Pax!! FOUL!!!! Referee!!!!

I'm not sure what that is - dirty dancin' or flashdance - but no matter how much it reminds you of you littlun there can be absolutely NO excuse for slipping Chick-Flick mawk under the fence when nobody's looking! :lol::lol:

What next 'Wind beneath my wings'? 'My heart will go on?'

I'm off to have a shower... i feel kinda 'soiled' somehow (and no, I didn't have a very hot curry last night :shame:;) )

Disclaimer: Not knocking Chick Flicks, or their fans, or the emoshuns expressed in them... i just think there's a time and place...

The time - now... the place room 101 :devil:

NB_ what is interesting is the word association (football) element of this post... you heard this song when he was diagnosed, and it stayed with you to remind you of him... Just as well they didn't play 'Ernie, the fastest milkman in the west' you'd have a hard job explaining the floods of tears the next time that came on in B&Q! :lol:

AGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

Feinites! Pax!! FOUL!!!! Referee!!!!

I'm not sure what that is - dirty dancin' or flashdance - but no matter how much it reminds you of you littlun there can be absolutely NO excuse for slipping Chick-Flick mawk under the fence when nobody's looking! :lol::lol:

What next 'Wind beneath my wings'? 'My heart will go on?'

I'm off to have a shower... i feel kinda 'soiled' somehow (and no, I didn't have a very hot curry last night :shame:;) )

Disclaimer: Not knocking Chick Flicks, or their fans, or the emoshuns expressed in them... i just think there's a time and place...

The time - now... the place room 101 :devil:

NB_ what is interesting is the word association (football) element of this post... you heard this song when he was diagnosed, and it stayed with you to remind you of him... Just as well they didn't play 'Ernie, the fastest milkman in the west' you'd have a hard job explaining the floods of tears the next time that came on in B&Q! :lol:

Oh, mere male, :P you just don't know a good song when you hear one. :lol:

I just found this one, I think this is more BD's style Darky http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ug-dnXO30IM...feature=related

techno dust..... :whistle::whistle:

here is Pi

lousy clip though,

Pi Kate Bush.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=tPlmIhGbJ6s Cloudbusting has been mentioned on other forums.

Any more chick flick stuff. :):thumbs::notworthy:

This is part of a poem about having AS, and perfectly sums up how autism effects my interaction with the rest of the world at a core level. Doesn't mean I'm unhappy all the time, or anything, just this is me in the NT world.

to live

is the most difficult

thing for me

to others it comes naturally like breathing

for me

i must fight an uphill battle

just to exist

without falling in on myself

(from How I Feel Tonight, Mary Margaret Britton Yearwood)

Variously....

Anti-Social - Lars Frederiksen & The Bas*"child born out of wedlock"*s

I Hate People - the Anti-Nowhere League

Headbangin! - The Dead Pets

Ape Drape - The Vandals

East Side One - The Godawfuls

Out of Control - Channel 3

Fear of Life - Channel 3

Angels With Dirty Faces - Sham 69

Borstal Breakout - Sham 69

Smash - The Offspring

Teenage Angst - Placebo

Burger Queen - Placebo

Say Something - James

Underdog World Strike - Gogol Bordello

Out of Control - The Exploited

Adam's Song - Blink 182

Something From Nothing - The Offspring

Do Nothing - The Specials

And when it's about being happy and proud and camarderie and one for all, all for one, and all that jazz... then...

Sing Loud Sing Proud - Dropkick Murphys

We're Coming Back - ###### Sparrer/The Dead Pets

Revenge of the Village Idiots - The Dead Pets

East End Kids - The Ejected

Subterranean - Lars Frederiksen & The B.....

Theme From A NOFX Album - NOFX

that'll do for starters... there are loads and loads....

:)

'Fix you' Coldplay

I often used to listen to this in my car on the way home from work just after my sons diagnosis

Listen to the words - its scarily accurate or at least it was for me at the time.

Elun xxxxxxx

'Fix you' Coldplay

I often used to listen to this in my car on the way home from work just after my sons diagnosis

Listen to the words - its scarily accurate or at least it was for me at the time.

Elun xxxxxxx

awesome.

she's lost control by joy division & expectations by belle and sebastian are ones that are very close to how I feel that its scary.

At the interval you lock yourself away inside a room

Heed of english gets you, asks you, what the hell do you think youre doing?

Do you think youre better then the other kids? well get outside.

Youve got permission, but youve got to make the ###### think hes right

this song reminds me of steven,whitney houston song the greatest love of all,can someone do a link for it?fran most prob cos shes the only nice person on the forum :P and i dont care if it is a soppy girlie song bighead :P

and when steven is really getting on my nerves one called and im just a teenage dirtbag baby :lol: oh musent forget money money money by abba cos thats all he ever wants :lol:

this song reminds me of steven,whitney houston song the greatest love of all,can someone do a link for it?fran most prob cos shes the only nice person on the forum :P and i dont care if it is a soppy girlie song bighead :P

The Greatest Love of All

I try to be nice.

Left outside alone by Annastacia has deep meanings for me in relation to how I feel and the relationship I had with my mother. She never "got me" at all :tearful: I know this song relates to a man, but it hits a nerve for me every time I hear it.

All my life I've been waiting

For you to bring a fairytale my way

Been livin in a fantasy without meaning

It's not okay I don't feel safe

I Don't Feel Safe Oohhh

Left broken empty in despair

Wanna breathe can't find air

Thought you were sent from up above

But you and me never had love

So much more I have to say

Help me find a way

And I wonder if you know

How it really feels

To be left outside alone

When it's cold out here

Well maybe you should know

Just how it feels

To be left outside alone

To be left outside alone

I'll tell you

All my life I've been

Been living in a fantasy without meaning

I need to pray

Why do you play me like a game?

Always someone else to blame

Careless, helpless little man

Someday you might understand

There's not much more to say

But I hope you find a way

Still I wonder if you know

How it really feels

To be left outside alone

When it's cold out here

Just how it feels

To be left outside alone

To be left outside alone

I'll tell you

Been living in a fantasy without meaning

I need to pray

oohhh ohhh Pray!

Heavenly father please save me (heavenly father Save me!)

oohhh oohhhh ohh

And I wonder if you know

How it really feels

To be left outside alone (im outside alone and you know it)

When it's cold out here

Just how it feels

To be left outside alone

To be left outside alone

Oohhhhh ohhhh

Been living in a fantasy without meaning Oh!

I need toooo praayy!

and when steven is really getting on my nerves one called and im just a teenage dirtbag baby :lol: oh musent forget money money money by abba cos thats all he ever wants :lol:

Cheques in the mail Hev >:D<<'>

Here are the other two songs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jJWQkVgDs4 Teenage Dirtbag

Abba Money Money Money

Just to annoy Baddad, this is for Darky 'Flashdance - What a feeling' http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adb2P-bU6h0

another for Darky :D Anastacia Left outside alone http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPF0hpaWD18

I know some in the past have mentioned Coldplay Talk

I remember sometimes with my son, that this song really hit home. Some milestones too. :)

Hev, Whitney Houstan does a wonderful job of Greatest love of all but it wouldnt be complete without the original, my favourite version 'George Benson' here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CE4SUl-K1Do my hero :notworthy::thumbs::notworthy::thumbs: I used to think he was soooo hot. :lol::thumbs:

Hi GI

I was driving around today and heard this song, and thought about this thread you started. I just feel as a parent and having friends on the spectrum I think this song sums it up to be honest.

Its the friends and family in your life that are there for you no matter what that take you as you are AS NT or whatever. We all have our flaws, but, those that accept us as we are faults and all are the ones I call friends.

When you are having a hard day songs like this set things in concrete, or make it clearer, what is really important in life, and that is those we love, friends and family. Not a label. Just being there for each other. Through the good times and the bad times.

:)

So after my waffle here is that song. I have always found this song makes me feel happy, strong and connected with people. Or forgiving of those that have totally p xxxx d me off. iykwim.

>:D<<'> >:D<<'>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAH98lG1wXs...feature=related

Never give up, just always keep putting one foot in front of the other, and you just keep getting there.

"Persistence"

Love

Fran xx >:D<<'>