Two very drunk african women attacked me on the way home. I was just walking home from the supermarket listening to my ipod happily, when they stood in my way. They were shouting at me in broken english and afrikaan (I know it was afrikaan because my grandad spoke it), they wouldn't let me past. They were saying about what sex things they would do if they could come live with me, the two women and her friend. I couldn't speak. The only words I could utter was "I have a wife" then they attacked me, hitting me around the head and back. Luckily I got away unhurt but I'm rattled now, would never hit a woman unless I thought there was a threat to my life. Did I do the right thing by just getting out of there??

:o:o Heck yes.... but you should report it SG.

Any confrontation would leave you feeling quite shocked. Especially to be confronted by two people.

Hope you are okay.

>:D<<'> :(

Pearl's JP had an incident too, in another thread. No doubt you and JP are both quite shaken.

:(

You definitely did the right thing. You now have to go and report this to the police to, hopefully, stop it from happening to other people.

What with this and Pearl's JP being robbed in broad daylight, I'm just wondering what's happening to the world. :(

Blimey SG, is it a full moon or something, what is the matter with people???

So glad you are ok, but you should report it. And yes, you did exactly the right thing.

>:D<<'>

Edited by pearl

The thing that made it that bit more appalling was one of the women had a baby with them. I won't let that stop me doing my late night shopping though :thumbs: (prefer late night as it is much quieter than during the day).

Good god! report it, aslo report it to social services, they are not fit to be looking after a child! Glad you are ok >:D<<'> Enid

:(

I think it should be reported, but I also think you need to think about your safety in future. I don't know what the area you live in is like, so this could be inappropriate and I do understand why you wanted to go shopping when it was quiet. However, round where I live, we are told not to go out alone after dark and if we do find ourselves alone, not to use ipods, mobiles etc that might distract us and to keep as near as possible to well lit areas and centres of pavements (to avoid people jumping out at you).

Hey Mumble, The area I live in is in the city centre and the only problem I have ever had is from beggars and they normally give up pretty quickly once they figure that I really don't have any money. The streets are well lit and have a high police presence (police station being just down the road). This is the first time I've had a problem in the three years we have been living here. I guess I just need to be a bit careful in future about using my ipod and just being generally aware of what is going on around me. Really it is one of the better areas of the city.

Awwww SG, that's awful, my goodness what is this world coming too.

Hope your OK and sending you lots of >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Clare x x x

I hope you are Ok SG but I agree with Enid. You should report it to the Police and Social Services. Just as well you know some self defence techniques.

I know you're a bloke but try going onto the Suzy Lamplugh Trust website because it gives sensible advice to women who are out alone , but it just as well applies to guys.

Look after yourself.

Jannih