MumOfTwoBoys

Another newbie intoroduction..

Hi Everyone *waves*

Im a mum of 2 beautiful boys L (6years old) and Z (9 months old). L has been diagnosed with Aspergers, ODD, ADHD & CD.

We live in Australia, so im sure some of the terms I use are different to the ones used in the UK. If they are, please dont hesitate to ask me WTH im on about :)

Im pretty isolates as far as any friends or family support/understanding goes and im looking to find others out there who are going through/have been through raising a kid on the spectrum.

I hope im welcome here being from Aus and looking forward to joining the site :)

~M~

*Sorry I made a typo in introduction...great start :lol:

Edited by MumOfTwoBoys

Hi MOTB - Welcome to the forum.

I hope im welcome here being from Aus

No worries - we'll let in anyone! :whistle: The difficulty sometimes is getting back out again :)

We have a few members from Oz, actually, but not enough to make that 8 hour time difference irrelevent - it can get quite lonely in the wee hours, I think. Still, you could always go on a recruitment drive and set up your own '8 hours club' :)

:D

Hi MOTB Welcome to the forum >:D<<'>

I think there are only two of us here from Australia so the more the merrier. :D

Where in Aussie are you??

I am in Sydney = Northern Beaches

Eva is in Melbourne she would be happy to tell you via pm. She has younger kids like you. I have older kids one 18 & one 21 I came here as all the forums in Aussie were too small or mainly newly diagnosed and that was that.

This forum is excellent as there are lots and lots of parents with teens and thats what brought me here.

I found this place by accident through a link from another forum. As you can see I have been here since October 2005. So many people with different stories and experiences and so many people of all ages with AS and ASD it has been a huge learning process for me. When I think I know it all, there is always something else to learn. :) Thats what I love about this place.

Anyway I am from Sydney and Eva is from Melbourne, if you dont want to say where you are from I respect that, but I found this place very safe.

Enjoy.

:thumbs:>:D<<'>

Love

Fran xx

Hi MOTB,

I'm in Australia (Victoria) too - I can't remember how I found this site originally, but it was through a link somewhere.

I have a 7 year old son who is diagnosed with AS.

Welcome to the forum :) - it's a very supportive place! My other son is trying to help me type so that's all from me now - look forward to getting to know you more.

Eva

Welcome, MOTB

I'm sure Eva and Frangi will welcome someone else to talk to in the small hours when the rest of us are in bed. :)

K x

hi motb and welcome i only joined yesterday and already been made to feel welcome

Hi

Welcome to this site.

I have just recently joined myselff and I nolonger feel so alone with my woes.