Sign in to follow this  
tjw

hello i am new today

hello my name is theresa i was realy pleased to find this site i have a 5 yr old boy who is at present being assest for AS i am finding it very difficult to get any answer at the moment from the medical sector ie dr so hopefully this forum will be helpful thanks for letting me join this site.

heloooooooooooooooooooo and welcome,,,,,

hello jo jones and thankyou 4 welcoming me

this site is fab and im in the same position as u my little one is 6 and have been fighting for dx for 2 years now and still pushing,,,all the people on ere are sooooooo nice and helpful jo xxxx

this site is fab and im in the same position as u my little one is 6 and have been fighting for dx for 2 years now and still pushing,,,all the people on ere are sooooooo nice and helpful jo xxxx

o good i have just put my little boy to bed well isay just that was 1 hr ago and now he is watching dvd and bouncing off the bed by the soounds of it i have to do it like this now just so we get a bit of me time my boy can stay up til very late will only sleep when i go to bed. so it will be a late nite again 2nite no mind

Hi Theresa, welcome to the forum :):thumbs:

thankyou baddad i love your name

ooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh i wish mine was in bed!!!!!he has just finished bouncing off sofa and trying to poke my eye out with a grape on a plastic fork!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cos i needed to look at it?????? or so he says ha ha,,,,he will also get into our bed which he has only started recently,,last night it was 12,30 when he eventually went to sleep,,and up like a button tday,,,,,,,, the joy of children eh ha ha :wallbash:

ooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh i wish mine was in bed!!!!!he has just finished bouncing off sofa and trying to poke my eye out with a grape on a plastic fork!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cos i needed to look at it?????? or so he says ha ha,,,,he will also get into our bed which he has only started recently,,last night it was 12,30 when he eventually went to sleep,,and up like a button tday,,,,,,,, the joy of children eh ha ha :wallbash:

[/quote

i jo i got g off around 12.30 he has been in our bed for 4 yrs i am his security blanket if i had to tell him the 3 bears story 1 more time i think will have a paddy god love him he is such a loving little boy but he has got a hug like a bear he is not a small boy its the first time i have spoken to people outside the family about g dont no why i feel a bit disloyal to him dose that sound daft i have got tears in my eyes while writing this it may be because i dont no for sure what g has and its frustrating upsssss coco pop time speak soom and also would like to thank all who have welcomed me

Welcome to the forum Theresa! :)

K x

thankyou kathryn lookng forward to speaking to you all seemslike a great site

Hi Theresa!

hi nic m sorry didnt get back on last nite was getting g to sleep hope to speak to you thanks for saying hello

Hi Theresa & welcome :)

hi pearl thanks for welcome hope to speak with all soon

Helo, tjw, and welcome :D

I have a 5 year old who was dx with high-functioning Autism a year ago. We were very lucky in that we didn't have to fight to get the professionals to take notice - they've all been really helpful (it seems that we may be in a minority there :wallbash: )

Hope you find the forum useful - I certainly have :thumbs:

Helo, tjw, and welcome :D

I have a 5 year old who was dx with high-functioning Autism a year ago. We were very lucky in that we didn't have to fight to get the professionals to take notice - they've all been really helpful (it seems that we may be in a minority there :wallbash: )

Hope you find the forum useful - I certainly have :thumbs:

thankyou nickyb we will get dx soon hopfully??????? his school has been trying for the last year to get an assessment but now say it will take another 2 yrs so going through our dr who no disrespect to the guy but it is not his feild, been back again this wk and he is making some calls!!!!!!!!!!! so i will be back again 2morrow and the days after that until he referes me it just seem a bit of a struggle at the moment thats all. all i wont in this world is to make sure my little boy gets the best he can that nots so bad is it. gosh love realy hurts sometimes.

thankyou nickyb we will get dx soon hopfully??????? his school has been trying for the last year to get an assessment but now say it will take another 2 yrs so going through our dr who no disrespect to the guy but it is not his feild, been back again this wk and he is making some calls!!!!!!!!!!! so i will be back again 2morrow and the days after that until he referes me it just seem a bit of a struggle at the moment thats all. all i wont in this world is to make sure my little boy gets the best he can that nots so bad is it. gosh love realy hurts sometimes.

Hope you get a referral soon - hang on in there!

Nicky >:D<<'>

as nicky says hang on in there and keep going,,we have been going to see paed for 2 years,,back again tmrw,,this time i am more armed with video evidence,,b was under psych but he dont tick the boxes apparently,,,,so u have to push cos no-one knows your child like you,and you do not sound daft at all i know how frustrating it all is :wallbash: and is upsetting on times,,but chin up,,,different day tday who knows what it will bring???? >:D<<'>

Edited by jo jones

as nicky says hang on in there and keep going,,we have been going to see paed for 2 years,,back again tmrw,,this time i am more armed with video evidence,,b was under psych but he dont tick the boxes apparently,,,,so u have to push cos no-one knows your child like you,and you do not sound daft at all i know how frustrating it all is :wallbash: and is upsetting on times,,but chin up,,,different day tday who knows what it will bring???? >:D<<'>

thanks jo jones ihope your next camping trip gos better they just dont see danger g is the same running off when out shopping ect tryed to explain danger but still gos ahead and runs away :wallbash:

and i do no doubt will be the same though,,,,hubby wants to go again tmrw,,it is raining at the mo so maybe not !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thankfully,,b escapes round the back now so all furniture in the garden has now been moved!!!!!!!!!!!

and i do no doubt will be the same though,,,,hubby wants to go again tmrw,,it is raining at the mo so maybe not !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thankfully,,b escapes round the back now so all furniture in the garden has now been moved!!!!!!!!!!!

hi jo it is raining realy heavy here in sunny yorkshire at the moment i have got a bit of time to tidy up now wwe is on g fav prog i have a big sofa so when he is diving all over the place its a soft landing he is busy counting them all out he is a lol at times a bit like an old man :thumbs::thumbs:

it is pouring it down now,little one is on pc upstairs so i am getting sum peace also ha ha,,for a change!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

its great enjoy i think a bath and bubbles is in order i will run it and g will jump in it with me he loves his baths realy dont no were the saying about calming children down came from i have a b/room full of water after :jester:

Welcome! I'm currently awaiting a referral and assessment for myself. I hope your son gets the diagnoses he needs :)

Welcome! I'm currently awaiting a referral and assessment for myself. I hope your son gets the diagnoses he needs :)

hi thanks for the welcome i hope your referral will be soon take care theresa

Hello and welcome. My boys are aged 7 and 8. My 7yr old was diagnosed at 2 with severe autism and my 8yr old just a few months ago with Aspergers. Look forward to getting to know you

Elun xx

Welcome to the forum Theresa

Flora :)

hi flora thanks for the welcome i am finding this site fab been reading a lot of the post on here finding them very helpful and interesting hope to speak to ou soon x

Hello and welcome. My boys are aged 7 and 8. My 7yr old was diagnosed at 2 with severe autism and my 8yr old just a few months ago with Aspergers. Look forward to getting to know you

Elun xx

hi elun1 nice to here from you, hope to have a good chat with you as well i am just finding my way around the site at moment i will get there x :notworthy:

Hi Theresa Welcome to the Forum. :) Karen.

hi karen thanks for the welcome i carnt beleve how nice everyone is on this site x :thumbs: carnt wait to get to know you all

Hi and welcome. My lad is 6 and also waiting for DX. Hope things start to speed up for you.

Vicky

hi vicky i hope so too been discussing it with dh tonite back to dr again next wk, g seems to be taking a few steps back at moment i think it is the school hols it seems to have thrown him out of sinc bless x :robbie:

Welcome to the site. I'm new here myself, but my son, sciencegeek, has been a member for a while. He really likes this forum and finds it really useful.

I look forward to getting to know you.

Kim

Welcome to the site. I'm new here myself, but my son, sciencegeek, has been a member for a while. He really likes this forum and finds it really useful.

I look forward to getting to know you.

Kim

hi kim thanks i have been on a few post of your sons, welcome to you also my little man is 5yrs and we are waiting on assessment i feel very worried about this dont wont to stress him out he hates being put in different situation hoping it will all be done via school but dont know what to expect i look forward to getting to know you also

take care

theresa

Hi Theresa

Welcome! I am new as well and am finding everyone really friendly and interesting to talk to- it's really nice to know that it's not just all in your head and that others seem to be experiencing very similar situations with their kids.

My son is 14 and when he eventually gets the assessment done int he Autumn they are going to have a field day!

He's always been horrendous from the word go but no-one has ever taken me seriously and I have just got on with it, but it has been a real struggle. If I knew as much then, when Tom was much younger, about conditions such as aspergers, ADHD, and OCD, I may have pushed things with the professionals much harder but I didn't.

Anyway, good luck with your little one- keep us posted!

Mandie

Hi Theresa

Welcome! I am new as well and am finding everyone really friendly and interesting to talk to- it's really nice to know that it's not just all in your head and that others seem to be experiencing very similar situations with their kids.

My son is 14 and when he eventually gets the assessment done int he Autumn they are going to have a field day!

He's always been horrendous from the word go but no-one has ever taken me seriously and I have just got on with it, but it has been a real struggle. If I knew as much then, when Tom was much younger, about conditions such as aspergers, ADHD, and OCD, I may have pushed things with the professionals much harder but I didn't.

Anyway, good luck with your little one- keep us posted!

Mandie

hi mandie and thankyou for your welcome.

welcome to you also the people are very nice on here and helpful,im sorry no-one was taking you seriously about Tom but it sounds like you are grtting they now with the assessments getting started soon, i am only at the gp stage at the moment so have it all to look forward to, my little boy seems to have taken a step backwards since the hol began do you find that with your Tom.

i will keep you posted as to georges progress also let me know how you get on.

takecare

theresa x