baddad

HAPPY BIRTHDAY 100% BEN!!!

Happy birthday Ben!

Remember that your dad has to let you do whatever you want on your birthday, including eat loads of sweets and stay up late :)

Have a wonderful day!

Happy Birthday Ben

:band::bday::bday::band:

Hope you have a wicked day. Pressie's in the post ;)

Love Flora and the other Ben who isn't really called Ben :lol:

I was away at my honorary SiL's, but am now here, sending you a

Happy (somewhat belated!!!....) birthday!!!

Hope your mad old Dad organised some tumultuous fun, that you ate lots of scrumptious junk without being sick, and that you generally had a most spiffing time!!

Many Happy Returns, kid.

Esther, Phil, Cal (who will be eleven on October 7th!!) and Elijah. Have a hug from me and a warm and manly handshake from the others!!x

Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!

it's mmmmeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

the birthday Boyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy :party:

For my birthday friends came for the day and we had a great time but too much food :sick::oops: oh well.

And we went to the cinema to see Wall-E B)

at the cinema i had loads of sweets and sprite AKA 7up

After the film we went to the park and did the mini-golf

Best Birthday Ever :party::thumbs:

ts sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Cooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool!

i had a great holiday too! :thumbs:

Cool huh :D:lol::P

but for now farewell :groupwave:

have a great year! :rolleyes::clap::DB):)

:wub: Birthday Ben! B)

Hi, Ben

Sounds like you had a brilliant birthday :clap::D:clap:

What did you think of Wall-E - I was thinking of taking the boys soon.

Glad you had a good holiday, too - so did we :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Bye for now :D

NickyB and the boys

i had a great holiday too! :thumbs:

Cool huh :D:lol::P

:wub: Birthday Ben! B)

He did - and so did dad! Best of all was the number of things he took on that challenged that comfort zone! In addition to this:

http://s78.photobucket.com/albums/j85/badd...ent=zipwire.flv

He climbed 30ft into a crow's nest

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j85/badd...tins2008052.jpg

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j85/badd...tins2008051.jpg

and climbed the face of the tower used for the zipwire.

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j85/badd...tins2008108.jpg

He also went on almost every ride at the fun fair (even the ones that made me feel :sick: ), and enjoyed them so much we had to go back for a second day!

100% cool is an understatement! :clap::wub:

:D

Edited by baddad

He did - and so did dad! Best of all was the number of things he took on that challenged that comfort zone! In addition to this:

http://s78.photobucket.com/albums/j85/badd...ent=zipwire.flv

WOW Ben !! :thumbs:

Matthew can't wait to go back and try that himself (he was too much of a wimp before :lol: )

:oops: He's standing next to me as I type and I think I'm about to be whacked for calling him a wimp

OUCH :blink:

I like the look of the zip wire! There is a really big one at the Eden Project. I went on that a year or two ago. I was really scared and took ages to get the courage to jump. You have to stand on the edge and jump off, no sitting down. It was dead scary, but well worth it!

Well done Ben!

Edited by Tally

What did you think of Wall-E - I was thinking of taking the boys soon.

NickyB and the boys

Hi nicky - BD on the boy's behalf as he's busy playing worms OW 2...

He really enjoyed WallE, and so did the rest of the kids with us... Much of it - the first half in particular - is visual with hardly any dialogue... I wonder if this will increase it's appeal for kids on the spectrum(?), because it takes all of the language comprehension out of the equation and replaces it with far less confusing visual emotions (which they've mostly kept very obvious/unsubtle in presentation)... The second half introduces more plot and dialogue, but even here the characters are very 'one dimensional' (without detracting from anything) and the plotline easy to follow. I guess they were aiming for something that very small kids would be able to follow, but the way they've achieved that seemed very 'autie-friendly' to my mind :) M will enjoy it, I'm sure, but it'll be interesting to hear S's take on it :)

Hi nicky - BD on the boy's behalf as he's busy playing worms OW 2...

He really enjoyed WallE, and so did the rest of the kids with us... Much of it - the first half in particular - is visual with hardly any dialogue... I wonder if this will increase it's appeal for kids on the spectrum(?), because it takes all of the language comprehension out of the equation and replaces it with far less confusing visual emotions (which they've mostly kept very obvious/unsubtle in presentation)... The second half introduces more plot and dialogue, but even here the characters are very 'one dimensional' (without detracting from anything) and the plotline easy to follow. I guess they were aiming for something that very small kids would be able to follow, but the way they've achieved that seemed very 'autie-friendly' to my mind :) M will enjoy it, I'm sure, but it'll be interesting to hear S's take on it :)

Thanks, BD. I'll definately take them both (might wait until DS is on a day off, though. Don't think I've got the strength to cope in a cinema on my own :wacko: )

Sounds like the perfect film for kids on the spectrum :thumbs:

Nicky

Hi Ben,

Really late to this but

:bday: anyway

and I hope you're enjoying being 11 so far! :thumbs:

We enjoyed Wall: e too. :)

Love the photos - I think you're really brave to do that zip wire. Did your dad do it too? :)

K x