brooke

Upset

Hi everyone

Just found out today my son's transport has been changed for september which means a new escourt and driver :tearful::o Lord knows when they would have told me if i hadnt rang them up :wallbash: Probably would have just found out on the first day back! So now i have 1 week to prepare my son for this change (gee thanks). To be honest im very upset about it, the council just dont seem to care, all they are bothered about is who is the cheapest, so who cares if it upsets all the children who cant cope with change. This is going to affect my son badly i just know it. We wrote to complain but they wont budge so as usual its just get on with it :tearful: I try not to be negative but it makes it very difficult when these things happen.

They have no idea do they?!

My son is starting a unit in September and were were sent a form out of the blue for transport help, taxi or help with the additional petrol costs. It hadn't even crossed my mind but I thought 'great' and filled it in. Then I got another letter saying we were under the 2 mile limit (we are apparently 1.65 miles away) saying we could walk there.

I worked out it would take an adult 40mins or so, so have no chance with my two (especially on the days they decide they're not going!) - I'd estimate well over an hour. And ds#1 has high rate mobility and a blue badge. And ds#2 is currently being assessed and will hardly walk at all.

I'll drive of course and wonder why they sent me the blooming form in the first place.

Good job you rang up to check or your ds would have an even bigger shock on his first day back (which is bound to be stressful for him anyway)

I was told this might be a problem for us on the last day of the term. Apparently the normal company will have to put in a tender for the contract along with other companies and if they are unsuccessful they won't be the people collecting my son this coming term. God help us if that happens!

I was told this might be a problem for us on the last day of the term. Apparently the normal company will have to put in a tender for the contract along with other companies and if they are unsuccessful they won't be the people collecting my son this coming term. God help us if that happens!

This is exactly what happened to us :( if i was you i would ring the ed transport department to find out this is what i did.

Thanks for he replies >:D<<'> im going to ring the new company tomorrow see if i can find out who his new escourt will be ect

Could you contact the taxi company and ask them to provide you with a photo of the new taxi and staff so that you could talk through these with your son before they arrive on the first day of term?

I know thats how we try to explain change to the students at the school I work at.

Claire