Sign in to follow this  
hev

me and my tablets

im on 40 mg of cilatropram a day,antidepressents,ive run out day before yesterday and i been having panick attacks through the night,woke up sweating,i mean ive only not had em for a day,got to pick up prescript tomorrow,i not had panic attacks since i started on the tabs,its made me feel really ill today,does anyone else get like this?

I haven't had panic attacks but when I have forgotten my anti depressants for a day I know about it and I am very snappy and out of sorts (I am on sertraline 150mg).

As soon as you get your prescription and take your next tab you should start to feel better again.

Take care hon >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

hi ive run out of my citrolopram 3 days ago and wont get any more til 2moz

have felt awful snappy and havnt been able too cope at all im on 40mg

love donnaxxxx

Hi hev :(>:D<<'>

I know nothing about tablicks, so can't comment on that, but keep your head down and go easy on yourself :)

I meant to tell you this the other day but forgot... it may cheer you up

BOY GEORGE is playing the Assembly Hall!

I'll send you a link - hopefully there'll be some tickets still going :)

:D

Yup - one day, and i'm OK......... Next day, in tears, day after............. raving loony (whot u mean i am already???!!!! :P )

I've been on mine for nearly two years now - every so often i deliberately stop them (reducing them bit by bit with GP support), just to see if they're still needed ( i hate taking them... :( ).

There still needed :( .

Chin up chick - just keep plodding along till you get the script. Then have a couple of days to chill (is that possible in our houses??).

>:D<<'> >:D<

dont think so in mine smiley lol

i hope u get them soon hev >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

im hoping to pick mine up 2moz fingers crossed they have done my prescription as its not on repeat and i cant get into see a dr

love donnaxxxxxx

WELL I MANAGED TO GET A PRESCRIPTION TONIGHT,I RAN TO THE CHEMIST ALL DRAMATIC JUST AS THEY WERE CLOSING,I THINK THEY THOUGHT A MAD WOMAN WAS ON THE LOOSE :lol: ANYWAY I GOT MY LITTLE TABLET FRIENDS BACK :thumbs: THE MINUTE I TOOK ONE I FELT BETTER BUT I THINK THAT WAS THE FEELING WHERE IF YOU TAKE A HEADACHE TABLET YOUR HEADACHE GOES,ITS GOT A PROPER NAME WHAT IM TRYING TO DESCRIBE,OH I KNOW WHAT I MEAN ANYWAY!!!!!

:lol: hev, the name is 'placebo'. However, not sure if it is placebo in this case. I am currently gradually reducing the doseage of my anti-d's so that I can stop taking them all together. I've been reducing the doseage for over two months and anticipate that I'll be completely off them by Christmas. The withdrawal from these things if you go 'cold turkey' is horrendous. So no you're not going mad (or madder :P ), when you miss a couple of doses the withdrawal effects kick in really quickly and then quickly subside as soon as you get the next dose in your system!

Floz >:D<<'>

If you are stopping citalopram you need to tail off slowly, I was a bit wobbly when I came off the 20mg dose, even though I tailed off from 20mg to 10mg to 10mg avery other day to nothing over the course of several weeks.

It would be perfectly normal to feel very strange indeed 2-3 days after going from 40mg to nothing.

Simon

Its amazing how many of us are taking tabs, the doc has tried reducing mine , but each time I wobble so I go back again. :tearful: ..........I think I,ve always had a high level of panic /anxiety though.

I have recently stopped taking citalopram. Weaned myself off very slowly by taking 20mg every other day. Have been on and off various different tablets since DS diagnosed. Hope to stay of them forever this time but felt very much like going on them for the past 2 weeks. I am currently trying a combination of diet and exercise with the hope that if I lose weight it will improve my self esteem/ stamina etc and make me better able to cope. Its worth a try.

I'm very stressed - I went to tell doc - was in a real state - this was back in April. I was offered counselling and still waiting! Was never offred anti d's despite saying i felt desperate. I think because I look 'ok' and hold down my teaching job people think I'm OK and its not true

Elun x

I have that problem too Elun. People think that there can't be anything wrong with me because I have a job. In fact, it is work that holds me together. You might be able to get free or low cost counselling outside of the NHS. Have a look for posters in your Dr's waiting room, library or hospital psych department waiting room.

Glad you have got your tablets now Hev. It would be normal for some of your symptoms to return when you miss the medication, but it might be withdrawal symptoms as well.

citalopram have terrible withdrawl symptoms... and they dont go away! i stopped mine gradually and 3 months later was still getting devastating withdrawl symptoms. my nervous system became so stressed that i was in a constant panic attack state, would have constant full body muscle spasms and was so dizzy i would fall over. eventually the doctors put me back on the tablets, to try and take me off them again, hoping this time it'll work. if it doesnt i dont know what i'll do, because i'm like a zombie when i'm on them so dont want to take them as i dont need them

Im on venlafaxine hydrochloride modiefied release 300mg daily and have been for over a year now.

I find the withdrawal symptoms are just NASTY!!! Miss a does and im climbing the walls!! Cant sleep and when i do sleep its real nasty nightmares, daytime flashbacks, almost hallucinations, dizzyness, sickness and exhaustion all at once.

I ran out of my pills a couple of weeks back because i had no gp who would take me on at the time!!!

I was a mess!!!

It always takes a few days to settle back into the meds. I note they always state not to suddenly stop taking the pills. whoops :lol:

The withdrawal symptoms of Venlafaxine (Effexor) are notoriously bad. It is definitely one to taper off very slowly.