pearl

Away

Off to sunny Derbyshire for a week for mr p's annual big family holiday.

Apart from bloodshed over the board games, & having to take a turn at cooking for up to 30 peeps, its fun.

Be good while I'm gone :thumbs:

Oooh, do you have space for one more in your suitcase? :unsure: I'm little and you won't notice me :ph34r: amongst 30 people (except perhaps when I get a little over-competitive playing Monopoly... :whistle:)

Have fun - and I'm always good :devil:

I'm plucking up the courage to take B back to Derbyshire, he was far too excited by all those caves. Especially all the tiny, twisting tunnels that you can't go into without being a proper caver with all the gear.

Maybe if I got one of those extendable dog leads, so that I could reel him in when he disappears down a side shaft?

Have fun, we are very careful about which games we play as a family!

I was going to say that I hope you checked where the nearest pub/off license is...but then I remembered that this is Pearl so there was no danger of that not having been thought of :whistle::devil:

Hope you have a good break :thumbs:

I'm plucking up the courage to take B back to Derbyshire, he was far too excited by all those caves. Especially all the tiny, twisting tunnels that you can't go into without being a proper caver with all the gear.

I forthwith offer my services to accompany B down said 'tunnels' (we won't bore people with the terminology here). Payment is accepted in sticky chocolate brownies and/or banoffee pie. :eat:

I forthwith offer my services to accompany B down said 'tunnels' (we won't bore people with the terminology here). Payment is accepted in sticky chocolate brownies and/or banoffee pie. :eat:

It sounds like a perfect team, even your choice of essential supplies matches. I keep thinking about that potholer that is still entombed somewhere behind Peak Cavern, because he got stuck.

Tricky stuff this parenting, I'm happier when he's playing with lego, and at least when kayaking I can tell which way up he is.

Hellooooo, we are back! Only 1 days rain & only 17 peeps (2 veggies) to cook for when it was my turn so I got off lightly. Trade off is you get cooked for on the other 6 days.

Neil, who needs a pub when all your sensible relations fill every spare gap in their cars with wine boxes, sherry, home brew, beer, cider etc etc? However we were draining the dregs by last night & my poor nephew was reduced to drinking Fino sherry! :lol:

Bard, we did Poole's Cavern this time. It was JP's Best Day :thumbs:

Mr p's family are certifiably eccentric. Last night, his neice's husband (gentle goth type) drew beards, moustaches & tattoos on the 2 youngest teenage neices. They retaliated by straightening his very long black hair, & adorning him with blusher, mascara & lip gloss. With a bandanna round his head, he looked like a cut price Johnny Depp :lol:

I have been tasked with organising next years shindig. I need a property to sleep up to 30, not too far away for anyone to drive to (we live in various parts of the country from the Lake District to Sussex), preferably near the coast, preferably with lots of nice birds for the family twitcher to spot, in the country but near attractions for the teens ...... I can feel a migraine coming on. Wish me luck :hypno: