Sign in to follow this  
Symphony_Of_Dreams

Jungian Personality Type of those with ASD?

Hey everyone,

Newbie here - I'm 17, think I may have Asperger's and getting my diagnosis in September. So greetings to you all :)

I'm just wondering, I've done Jungian personality tests on the internet and I get INFJ (Introverted, Intuitive, Feeling, Judging) everytime. I've read that INTJ (Intorverted, Intuitive, Thinking, Judging) is most typical of those with Asperger's, while my personality type, INFJ, is most typical of high-functioning autism. This is interesting, because from what I have read, those with high-functioning autism typically have a higher IQ than low-functioning, and I have always done exceptionally well at school and have a high IQ. I was just wondering of anyone is here is knowledgable on this subject, and could tell me if I'm just talking rubbish or what :D Thanks. (By the way, my thinking I have Asperger's is NOT based on internet personality tests, before anyone says - My mother believes I have had Asperger's ever since I was too young to understand it and I strongly believe that I may do)

Also, I've got the impression from browsing around that most of the people in this forum and other Asperger's forums are parents or relatives of someone who has Asperger's rather than aspie's themselves. So if you yourself HAVE Asperger's, do please say Hi :)

Finally - A part of my profile says that I come from 'Norfolk Broads', and does not appear to be editable. It's on the left panel just below my name. This could have been from when I created my account. Is it irreversible?????

Edited by Symphony_Of_Dreams

Hi there and welcome. firstly can i just say that 'Norfolk Broads' refers to how many posts you've made not where you live.

I personally don't have Aspergers my son does. The words high fundytioning do refer to IQ and academic level i.e. they are functioning at a high level.

I know nothing about Jungian personality test so i can't comment on that I'm afraid. There are plenty on here who has aspergers themselves, I'm sure one will reply soon.

Let us know how you get on in Sept.

Love Mummy x

Hello, and welcome to the forum.

I hope your assessment in September gives you some answers.

Many of the members here are parents of children with AS/ASD, but some of them are on the spectrum themselves, and then there are a few adults without children who have AS too (I am one of them).

I haven't tried a Jungian personality test. Do you know of one you could link to? We could do a quick survey here and see what we get.

Click here for a good explanation of the Norfolk Broads :)

Who do I prefer - Kirsty Jung or Emma Freud?... Gotta say it's Kirsty every time :thumbs::D

I don't think it's personality - I think it's Kirsty's accent and the twinkle in her eye ;)

Why would there be a 'typical' autistic/aspergers any more than there would be a 'typical' NT? People come in all sorts of packages, and those packages are influenced by all sorts of factors, both nature and nurture. Anticipating someone will think a certain way because they are labelled in a certain (very random, in many cases it seems - some professionals seem to lean towards one term while others lean towards another) way seems a step in the wrong direction.

Mind you, that Kirsty Jung, eh? Right little sauce-pot, I reckon ;):D

I get:

ISTJ

Introverted Sensing Thinking Judging

Apparently they are percentage figures for each.

This is the link for the test start page:

http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes1.htm

Edited by warrenpenalver

I followed your link Warren and took the test. For the first time ever I got a result that wasn't INTJ :o

Your Type is

ISTJ

Strength of the preferences %

89 1 25 33

I did the test on www.humanmetrics.com/ and it's free unlike some of the other websites . Depending on how I interpreted / answered the questions I came out as ISFJ and after the second go I was INFJ. On reading about the personality type I am more ISFJ. ISFJs make up 6% of the general population.

I think I agree with baddad that we won't all fit in one profile.

Jannih

I did the test on www.humanmetrics.com/ and it's free unlike some of the other websites . Depending on how I interpreted / answered the questions I came out as ISFJ and after the second go I was INFJ. On reading about the personality type I am more ISFJ. ISFJs make up 6% of the general population.

I think I agree with baddad that we won't all fit in one profile.

Jannih

i got

Strength of the preferences %

89 1 31 56

The diagnostic difference between HFA and AS is actually based on a language delay for HFA and no language delay for AS, rather than IQ, because you can have AS and learning difficulties, or HFA and a high IQ, and vice versa.

I am an adult with a dx of AS, by the way! :lol:

Bid :)

Edited by bid

INTJ

Introverted Intuitive Thinking Judging

100 12 62 44

are you confusing AS and HFA with more classic autism? both AS and HFA typically have a high IQ, although the 'real' IQ can be a lot lower because the tests don't suit the difficulties caused by the ASD. i got 124 on my verbal IQ, 111 on my performance IQ and at some points dropped to the high 40's on individual test segments depending on the test materials.

i was told that if i had not had AS my IQ would have been 124 straight across, and that it is the imbalances in the sections of the IQ tests that are significant with ASDs rather than the overall IQ score. i scored very low on one section because my brain doesn't recognised red diagonal lines, so i couldn't understand the patterns to re-arrange them

Chuck Norris' Jungian Personality Type is,

Furious Intimidating Silent Terrifying - FIST

-300 300 300 300

This comes as no suprise to anyone, but Chuck came as a suprise to it. Not many people know of the Jungian Archetype 'Texas Ranger' because no one else has ever expressed it.

Edited by Lucas

Myers-Briggs type indicator has been discussed here before.

It has to be taken into account that the Myers-Briggs type indicator was developed in the US during the 1940s before conditions like AS were known about in English speaking countries. Some psychologists think that Myers-Briggs produces misleading results for people with AS because the test doesn't take into account factors relating to people with AS, or any developments in psychology since the 1940s.

There is a theory that most people with AS are INTP, and another theory is that most people with AS are INTJ and most people with HFA are INFJ, but there is no real proof of this, and no large scale Myers-Briggs tests have been carried out on people officially diagnosed with AS.

The Myers-Briggs tests were originally intended to be administered by professional psychologists, but they are commonly used by companies to select and reject candidates at job interviews. This could possibly be the misuse of a tool.

Apparently I am an ISTJ:

You are:

* very expressed introvert

* distinctively expressed sensing personality

* moderately expressed thinking personality

* moderately expressed judging personality