Sign in to follow this  
tjw

yes its nearly tuesday

hi

its nearly that time of year, school is back and wow at the moment i am just so happy,my ds has realy got very bored he is crying all the time for the littlist of things, also the attention i have to give him has totally drained me this week, bless him i no he can not help it, but just felt like a winge on here tonight, what are freinds for, hope all gos well for all who have to take the children back to school next week in a way i am dreading it new class and children overdrive but in another looking forward to it get him back to his routine and hopefully restore some peace in the home (in my dreams ) well good luck to all

theresa :crying:

my boys go back on wed

hence my 7 year old has given me hard time all this week-but really i think he wants to go back to get back into the strict routine we had going.

i just hope he settles with the new teacher-know it will take a while...but fingers crossed.

rq

hi rq

it must be the wind up of going back to school for them, because ds age 5 has been asking all week is it tuesday yet it must be the antipication of going back bless em all i hope it all gos well for your boys

theresa x

the thing im dreading next is the christmas run up-at school.................wont be far off after oct half term....

we had real bad time last year around christmas or the run up to it...........

i felt like i was going under a bit.........but since then we have got perscribed melatonin thats helped alot-and also ive had my meds changed...so feeling alot better. :thumbs:

rq

After an unexpectedly good summer with my DS, last meltdown was 1 August!!!! :thumbs: he has been weepy and anxious these last couple of days and I feel really on edge in case we are heading down meltdown alley again, after this brief respite, dont want to go back there! He also started on Strattera, 2 weeks ago so not sure if this is the cause. Anyway the summer went well so thats a Bonus!! Enid

i have booked off the oct hols, and dad is off at christmas, so hopefully he will be okay, he is only just realising what christmas is he never to excited by these events, it takes him all day to open prezzies and its not because he has lots, hes just not to interested i end up opening some of them because i am the big kid, hopefully we will have a dx in process by then as well our docs just refer us but i know it takes mths for the process but at least we have been refered now, i hope you have a better run up to christmas this year it is such a stressfull time of the year to start with,if it gets to bad come on here and i will try and cheer you up i find laughter to be one of the best meds of all, i am always the optimist :thumbs: (well i try to be) :wallbash: banging head abit this week lol

theresa

i have booked off the oct hols, and dad is off at christmas, so hopefully he will be okay, he is only just realising what christmas is he never to excited by these events, it takes him all day to open prezzies and its not because he has lots, hes just not to interested i end up opening some of them because i am the big kid, hopefully we will have a dx in process by then as well our docs just refer us but i know it takes mths for the process but at least we have been refered now, i hope you have a better run up to christmas this year it is such a stressfull time of the year to start with,if it gets to bad come on here and i will try and cheer you up i find laughter to be one of the best meds of all, i am always the optimist :thumbs: (well i try to be) :wallbash: banging head abit this week lol

theresa

aww thanks

good luck with getting a dx >:D<<'>

hi enid

i am glad to here your summer went good, we have had fun some of the time but he has been stress alot i can tell cos his body movements get worse, i think it is like i said to rq it is the going back to scholl new class and all what comes with this that is making him edgy at the mo, i hope your ds is not heading for meltdown it sounds like you have had a great summer lets keep fingers crossed it just stress due to going back and not new meds.

theresa

Well my 13yr old goes back on Wednesday, I'm really not looking forward to it as I know he'll be sooooo stressed out, he's been bliss all holiday's without the pressure of school.

The back in the routine thing should be o.k when he has done his 1st week and i'm sure he'll be happy to see friends (especially the girls!) as he hasn't seen many since he's been on school hols but by hell i'm not looking forward to the next 3 day's before, last week he was in tears as he was worrying about going back and told me that things are changing in school and doesn't know who his T.A's are even :wallbash: I wish he'd have told me all this before he broke up then i could have got some answers from school to put his mind at rest.......... school should understand that he NEEDS to know these things, don't they realize the problems they cause :whistle:

Anyway, Good luck & best wishes to all, it only seems a couple of years ago when he first started school, i wouldn't turn the clocks back mind you! ;)

Im counting down the days tbh-the holidays have been so hard n im totally drained...even tho school brings another set of things to deal with I just need a few hours to recharge myself...I love him to bits but boy has he been hard work.

Hi

I'm half-Yeah it's over and she's going back to school (Phew!)

and half-oh god what's she gonna do this time???

But at least IF she does go to school I get a little me time time

Good Luck all in getting them back into school. Hope it goes well for everyone

I'm dreading Jay going back, I think it's going to be awful for him and I feel really reluctant to take him there. :tearful:

~ Mel ~

Hi

I'm half-Yeah it's over and she's going back to school (Phew!)

and half-oh god what's she gonna do this time???

But at least IF she does go to school I get a little me time time

Couldn't agree more, Zosmum - hope it all goes well

At least DSs new teacher has lots more experience of ASDs than the last one - she was very unsure on how to deal with him, which I think caused lots of problems in itself. The new teacher is regarded as a bit strict, but I think that's a good thing with my DS

Good luck to all of those going back to school >:D<<'>

Couldn't agree more, Zosmum - hope it all goes well

At least DSs new teacher has lots more experience of ASDs than the last one - she was very unsure on how to deal with him, which I think caused lots of problems in itself. The new teacher is regarded as a bit strict, but I think that's a good thing with my DS

Good luck to all of those going back to school >:D<<'>

Same here im keeping fingers crossed this year might be a little better as his new teacher is way better with kids that have adhd, aspergers etc etc..she is strict also but my lad rathers that as the class room is quieter etc.

Zosmum I so know what you man bout me time.......today my god he is drivning us all round the twist n my head is thumping bigtime as it has most days of the holidays.

hi all

hows the 1st week been, must say G was over the moon loves his new class and teacher so far,

i hope all went well for all of you,

theresa

Dd1 had first day release at college today, suffice it to say it did not go well. She never wants to go there again :wallbash: I think school have been a little dishonest with regard to her placement...not sure where to go from here. I know she can't manage or access college without full time support. I think it's looking like a slight change back to her original options choices and for her to stay in school. Will have to find out what support (if any) is available when she's 16. First day back at school went better than expected though :thumbs: But it's early days! :whistle:

Im gobsmaked...ds actually had a good week n likes his teacher!!! Mind you one the 1st day I sent a typed 2 page letter of any updates n also exactly what I expected them to do n be like with ds lol.

We're having an awful time. :crying: Jay moved to another site from last year, leaving behind the only friend he's ever had, EVER! Now he's stuck in a tiny unit with just two other children (both non-verbal) and hasn't a single person to talk to or interract with. He's so lonely and upset.

At the end of last year, the head at the unit he left said that he'd be able to go back regularly and join in with stuff there, but there have been sudden staff changes at the new unit (which we weren't informed about until we turned up on the first day!! :wallbash: ) and the person in charge there seems to feel that Jay needs to make a clean break and accept that he's moved up to big school. There are loads of gaps in his timetable and I don't know what they're planning to do with him in those gaps, probably nothing, and he's missing out on all the social opportunities that are going on back at the old site while he's stuck in this little cell on his own.

Yesterday, I picked him up and they were all smiling about the fact that he'd done a nice puzzle at lunchtime! He's nearly 15 and I'm supposed to be happy that he's sat on his own and done a puzzle while he should be out there mixing and hanging out with friends, etc. and I found myself smiling foolishly as if this was the most wonderful thing in the world whilst inside my heart was snapping in two. I just can't get them to understand how I feel, how desperately lonely he is and how it isn't okay for him to be stuck on his own all day without a friend in the world.

I've gone from (last week) happy and relaxed and confident to (this week) a physical and emotional wreck, that's what three days at this awful place has done to me, I'm unrecognizable. The teacher at the unit came out today and told me he thought Jay liked the smaller, quieter unit! When I got home he sobbed for half an hour about how lonely he is and I just can't get people to see how important it is. They think if he's sitting doing a puzzle on his own it's fine and he's happy, HE IS LONELY and desperate for a friend and I don't think they're going to do a thing about it. I feel wretched and unstable and desperate and helpless and heartbroken and ready to give in and it's only the end of the first week! :crying::crying::crying:

~ Mel ~

Im gobsmaked...ds actually had a good week n likes his teacher!!! Mind you one the 1st day I sent a typed 2 page letter of any updates n also exactly what I expected them to do n be like with ds lol.

hi bikemad

im realy pleased all went well for ds, sorry to here about dd not liking it, i should think collage is a lot bigger than school it must scare the hell out off her poor thing all the crowds and noise level not good, i hope you get something sorted for her

good luck and well done to ds

theresa x

We're having an awful time. :crying: Jay moved to another site from last year, leaving behind the only friend he's ever had, EVER! Now he's stuck in a tiny unit with just two other children (both non-verbal) and hasn't a single person to talk to or interract with. He's so lonely and upset.

At the end of last year, the head at the unit he left said that he'd be able to go back regularly and join in with stuff there, but there have been sudden staff changes at the new unit (which we weren't informed about until we turned up on the first day!! :wallbash: ) and the person in charge there seems to feel that Jay needs to make a clean break and accept that he's moved up to big school. There are loads of gaps in his timetable and I don't know what they're planning to do with him in those gaps, probably nothing, and he's missing out on all the social opportunities that are going on back at the old site while he's stuck in this little cell on his own.

Yesterday, I picked him up and they were all smiling about the fact that he'd done a nice puzzle at lunchtime! He's nearly 15 and I'm supposed to be happy that he's sat on his own and done a puzzle while he should be out there mixing and hanging out with friends, etc. and I found myself smiling foolishly as if this was the most wonderful thing in the world whilst inside my heart was snapping in two. I just can't get them to understand how I feel, how desperately lonely he is and how it isn't okay for him to be stuck on his own all day without a friend in the world.

I've gone from (last week) happy and relaxed and confident to (this week) a physical and emotional wreck, that's what three days at this awful place has done to me, I'm unrecognizable. The teacher at the unit came out today and told me he thought Jay liked the smaller, quieter unit! When I got home he sobbed for half an hour about how lonely he is and I just can't get people to see how important it is. They think if he's sitting doing a puzzle on his own it's fine and he's happy, HE IS LONELY and desperate for a friend and I don't think they're going to do a thing about it. I feel wretched and unstable and desperate and helpless and heartbroken and ready to give in and it's only the end of the first week! :crying::crying::crying:

~ Mel ~

hi mel

i am so sorry to hear about jays school, this situation has got to be heartbreaking,poor jay give him a big hug from me, i cannot believe he has noone to talk to at school it is so important for children to beable to speak with others its part of learning, is they nothing the school will do to help you in this situation, please try not to beat yourself up about this you sound so upset and i can understand why, irealy dont know how to advise you but just wont to let you know i am thinking of you and jay at this time and if i can help in any way at all please let me know even if it is just somebody to talk too

takecare mel

theresa x

Wow, good on you! and well done him, so glad. things going ok at school with mine, well 1 phone call! but thats good in a week :thumbs: Enid

Wow, good on you! and well done him, so glad. things going ok at school with mine, well 1 phone call! but thats good in a week :thumbs: Enid

To be honest I did it cos last year was a nightmare they ignored anything n everything I said on the phone but ive heard that if it is in writing n on record they have to act on it so fingers crossed!!! Def be writing everything from now on lol. Tell you what tho ds might have had a good week at school but Fri night n today ive been close to locking myself in the bathroom cos he is more hypo then ever!!!!