bid

Goodbye

Hi guys :)

I just wanted to say goodbye and thank you for all the support, advice and fun you've given me in the years I've been here.

My life has moved on a lot since I joined in 2004: my son is now an adult and I've got my own dx...and it's just time now for me to move on too :)

Very, very best wishes for all of you here on what is simply the very, very best autism support forum on the net!! :D>:D<<'>

Bidxxx

Blimey - I only popped in to leave a post in the "Resources" forum, and suddenly here's one of the few people I still recognise here, leaving! :blink:

Well ... thanks for whatever you may have said to me in our earlier days here, when my presence was much more significant! :rolleyes: Well done for providing everyone with such long and honorable service to this forum. You've done great! :thumbs::notworthy: I'm certain you'll be missed.

Take care, bid, and all the very best for the future. :)

James

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> Thanks for all the support and information during my relatively short time here compaired to yourself.

I am sure you will be very much missed by a lot of the crew here old and new.Karen.

Bid

Thankyou for your contribution to the forum over the years, your struggle to get the best for your son inspired a lot of people.

Best wishes to you and your family for whatever the future brings.

Simon

Sad to hear you're leaving, bid. Your advice advice has always been helpful, and you will be missed.

All the best for the future

>:D<<'>

Sad to see you're going, bid. I don't understand what's happening recently, so many people have left. :tearful: Will miss you. All the best. >:D<<'>

~ Mel ~

So sorry to hear you're leaving

I haven't been here very long but reading some of your posts have given me the strength to carry on

Good Luck with everything

Zosmum

Thanks for all the support and practical advice you've given to me and others over the years - especially on educational issues. I think you probably still hold the record for the fastest resi school place ever allocated. :) What you achieved for your son was an inspiration to others.

Take care

>:D<<'>

K x

>:D<<'> :notworthy: Oh No Bid, your post is sad, but I totally understand where your coming from in respect of moving on, as long as that is why your leaving, I think it is a wonderful forum, and Ive learnt loads about myself throw some of the debates we have had and ive made some changes that have contributed to a better life, I really have apriciated everything you have done for me, and the support with Education.

I hope that your life is really good and happy, glad you have come to a point where you dont feel you need this place, but im sure that there was people out there that needed your experiences and support, but understand that you want to enjoy life a bit and get on with your life.

I only cant wait to post a similair post , there is some strength in letting go, and I think you have come a long way and I will use your life as a insperation.

Good luck with the next journey of your life.

:crying:

JsMum

Edited by JsMum

I don't often get the chance to come here these days, so I can understand where you're coming from. Sometimes I wonder if I shouldn't just quit the forum too. Life does move on and there are more things to fill the time than posting here, though I do miss it a lot. When someone comes up with a 28 hour day maybe I'll spend more time here!

Bid, I'm sorry you're leaving, the forum won't be the same without you and I mean that sincerely. You know your stuff and have always presented your advice sensitively to those who've asked for it, and that's made a difference to a lot of people.

I hope you'll drop in from time to time (like my irregular dabblings!) and the future goes swimmingly for you and yours. Take care and good luck.

Karen

x

biddy :wub::wub: ive just had time to come on since the mad summer holidays and you going :o you was on here when i first joined and i think you are fab,loads of love and i will miss you lots and lots like jellytots(katies new saying!!)

hi bid

sorry to hear you are going but thanks for your advise on here, good luck to you and your family take care

love

theresa

My account will be disabled after 9pm tonight, so I just wanted to say a last thank you for such kind thoughts and messages :)>:D<<'> :tearful:

And I know I've said it before, but I can never thank enough my dear friend Helen for all her help and support when I was going through the Statementing process, and Nellie for all her wonderful advice that enabled me to get the support my son so desperately needed :tearful:>:D<<'>

And so many thanks to Kris and Elefan for setting up the forum way back when :thumbs:

Bidxxx

Edited by bid

Good luck with the future, your contribution was very substantial! :)

Bye bye Bid, I will miss your posts and your ability to cut to the chase and give brilliant advice.

take care

Love Loraine xx

Bid so sad to see you go :tearful: It wont be the same without you girl :tearful:

It has been an honour to get to know you and yours >:D<<'>

Cat

Bid, I'll miss you too, just like I miss so many of the others like Helen, Nellie and CarolJ that were members way back when.

I feel tearful!!!

But I wish you all the very best- lang may yer lum reek and all that.......

Take care petal.

Esther x

Aw Bid, you will be missed. Sorry to see you're leaving. I hope you and yours are very happy and that you still pop in from time to time.

I must say i have often thought it was time for me to leave but then i popped out another with Autism, oops...and er another....so got a way to go yet i think!

You rock Bid, be happy!!! >:D<<'> :notworthy:

Don't be on much here now,but you helped me along back in the day!

K is all grown up now too..time has passed so quickly and I have been through so much,you were there with advice when things were bad.

Hope you get to read this.

Thankyou so much and best of luck.

Theresa x

Tut...I'm back :rolleyes:;)

I really wanted to reply to a post by Owl about her adult son, so Lufty very kindly reactivated my account :notworthy:

I don't think I'll be posting very much, but I realised how important it is for us parents of adult children to support each other, as it can be a pretty lonely place to be.

Bid :)

Glad to see you couldn't stay away for long >:D<<'> >:D<<'> yes we do all need to support each other and I am glad you are back cos our children will be turning into mini adults one day and it will be good to have experience from people who have been there with their children who are adults now >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Hi Bid,

Only just saw your post as I don't visit very often these days - so glad you're going to hang round a little.

Take care,

Jb

hi bid

so glad to see you back on here, i found your post very good and loved reading them, welcome back

theresa x