Bard

I'll have my bad mummy award in yellow, please

Well, new term started.

He's spent ages not shaving over the holidays, had some serious face-fluff going on. Very proud he was.

I shaved him thoroughly last night, sorted out all his new stuff, reminded him of the new teachers and all that jazz, made him go to bed earlier than usual.

Hauled him out of bed at 7am, fed, clothed and out of the door before 8.

Then I went to work.

Got a phone call message at 10am that began "It's about your son'

'Oh God, already?'

You know what's coming, don't you?

Ever sent your child to school on the wrong day?

They don't start til.....

Monday.

He went to my parents' house and they phoned my school. The only thing he pointed out was that he could have remained bearded another 4 days, and he missed his whiskers.

Ho hum, a good start, no?

:lol:

But I think I'll have to fight you for the award. :)

I did the very same thing at the beginning of last term: I was up to my eyeballs in work and very distracted. I walked my son to school as usual and gradually noticed how quiet it was - how few cars on the road - no other children in uniform... When we saw the school gates were locked I finally realised. I was running late for work so I had to send him home on his own with the house keys. Luckily L was at home to keep him company. :rolleyes:

Hope your son enjoys his extra weekend off!

K x

:D

I wonder how many of us haven't done this? I've almost lost count.... wrong term start (early), wrong term start (late :shame: ), forgetting to move clock forward an hour, forgetting to move it back an hour.... Forgetting that I HAD moved the clock back an hour and moving it back another hour the next day....that was fun :)

Flo' :D

:clap:

hi

quite a few mums at G school turned up a day late even my best buddie text me to ask if it was wed/thurs going back dohhhhhhhh it was tuesday :P im afraid i couldnt forget i as looking forward to it far to much :pray::lol:

theresa

I've done this before so this time a kept checking the school websites to make sure that i had the right day. Even the night before H was due to go back I made sure I checked and again in the morning. Just didn't want the aggro that I had last time :lol: :lol:

I like that, Mumble! Hope Cal never sources that or I'll be inundated!! :P

I rely on my best bud to keep me right, normally, but this year, Cal started a day after the mainstream kids (Niiiightmaaaare!! Cue a very peeved and miffeded Lijey!!) and THEN, at the end of Lij's first day, we got news that Cal's school would be off again the next day due to support staff striking- I thought Lij was gonna have a total freakout!!

Cal seemed strangely pleased by the news.......

Esther :P

wat a nitemare i hav nearly took the children on the wrong day but useually speak to a few of the mums wenthere on hols so i know lol

i love the bad mummy award mumble i cud do with one just had enough with ###### scool already nobody wud play wit reece at playtime and the scool hadnt even sorted out his ta for this term yet not having one til next week and dont evenno who its gonna be grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

he needed it this weeek with getting him bac to scool i just dont know wat to do just feel likea failure as dont hav any fight at the mo

love donnaxxxxxx

That was fabulous!

I've printed it off and laminated it for my house notice board, so I can feel the weight of parental responsibility whenever I pass by. :D

At least it shows that all our safety nets and procedures work, if mum wasn't in for any reason, he has a key and he'd have waited.

He still thinks it's funny and keeps asking me when he goes back to school in a ponderous and lecturing manner so I can say 'Monday' in a subdued and sad voice.