Sign in to follow this  
kirstie

Why can't i see Mumbles post??

Why can't i get access to this topic? i have tried searching the help files and can't see anything that explains why this is happening. Could be my PC it's on it's last legs and heading for the nearest window very soon!!

Hi Kirstie - which post did you mean?

Do you mean a post shown in the forum topics, or are you looking for an old one and can't find it?

PM me the details and I'll look into it.

BD

:D

It's entitled Ian Jordan article.

Also when i was reading some other posts elsewhere it was saying the poster of topic/post was *Guest bid* or Guest Lya of the nox* and i'm wondering if it's my pc because i know both are nor guests but members?????????!

Why can't i get access to this topic? i have tried searching the help files and can't see anything that explains why this is happening. Could be my PC it's on it's last legs and heading for the nearest window very soon!!

Not your PC :)

It got deleted by the mods because of a comment by another poster (NOT me this time - it wasn't me in trouble!!!!! :D :D :D:lol: :lol: :devil:) - it's there as moved for now (moved away from sight) and might get put up again when it's been sorted - I think... :unsure:

I was wondering where this topic had gone. While I was looking for this topic I stumbled across another topic which I had been posting on which had also been 'moved' without my realising it, and found that the OP had asked me a question I had not been able to answer because the topic 'getting up in the morning' had been moved and rehoused in Techie Corner???????

Any reason for this mods?

Cat

I was wondering where this topic had gone. While I was looking for this topic I stumbled across another topic which I had been posting on which had also been 'moved' without my realising it, and found that the OP had asked me a question I had not been able to answer because the topic 'getting up in the morning' had been moved and rehoused in Techie Corner???????

Cat

Haven't a clue on this one cat... My guess is one of the other mods tried to move it to another area of the boards (maybe from 'general discussion' to 'help and advice' or something like that?) and missed the target! We usually tell people when we do this (or leave a link in the original thread), though, so maybe it's just a ghost in the machine? Dunno, but i will move it to General duiscussion in a mo - cos unless it took a turn I missed it doesn't seem very techie...

Mumble's post was deleted after a heated exchange between two members. As there is now a new thread running on the same topic it's pointless editing/reinstating the old one.

Guest bid guest lya etc - Members requesting that their accounts be closed causes problems, because it's impossible to delete an entire members posting history... Now when we receive such requests admin 'lock' the accounts so the post history is kept intact but the account remains redundant/inaccessable. This produces the 'guest' status.

Hope that explains everything

Haven't a clue on this one cat... My guess is one of the other mods tried to move it to another area of the boards (maybe from 'general discussion' to 'help and advice' or something like that?) and missed the target! We usually tell people when we do this (or leave a link in the original thread), though, so maybe it's just a ghost in the machine? Dunno, but i will move it to General duiscussion in a mo - cos unless it took a turn I missed it doesn't seem very techie...

Mumble's post was deleted after a heated exchange between two members. As there is now a new thread running on the same topic it's pointless editing/reinstating the old one.

Guest bid guest lya etc - Members requesting that their accounts be closed causes problems, because it's impossible to delete an entire members posting history... Now when we receive such requests admin 'lock' the accounts so the post history is kept intact but the account remains redundant/inaccessable. This produces the 'guest' status.

Hope that explains everything

PS: Cat, when I went looking for the post, it was actually a LINK in 'techie corner' you followed, and the thread was in help and advice all the time! It had just 'sunk' in help and advice but because TC is less busy the link stayed higher up the board...

2 guesses - either another mod moved it to TC by accident, realised their error and immediately moved it back again, OR the original was in TC and it got moved to GD... either way, it's in GD and i've just 'bumped' it to the top of the pile!

Ah, i see- i understand now- the rest (to Mumble) is as clear as mud :whistle::rolleyes: lol!!

Two other threads have also been deleted - and I consider them important - yes - controversial - but debate is

None the wiser to those threads i'm afraid. Really not sure what's going on!

Two other threads have also been deleted - and I consider them important - yes - controversial - but debate is

The reasons for this have been explained to you via pm, Ian, but just for the benefit of others reading this:

The threads were removed in order to edit them because they promoted particular services and interventions and were therefore not in line with forum rules and guidelines.

They also contained information about a forthcoming TV programme. This is now the subject of another thread which remains on forum.

I hope this explains things

Kathryn

Cat

That one was me!

I moved the post FROM Techie Corner, but left the LINK in Techie Corner so that the person who posted it would easily be able to find their post :)

There shouldn't be any problem replying to it unless you were trying to reply right at the moment I moved it.