Flora

Back to school tomorrow

Bill is going back to resi school tomorrow (first day back after the hols).

I've been fine about this until this evening when I packed his case and I suddenly became all weepy :tearful:

I'm hiding in here (little office thing where I have my pc) so that he doesn't see me all teary.

Flo' :(

I will think of you tomorrow, i hope it all goes smoothley. >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

>:D<<'> Very best for the morning >:D<<'>

Not a nice feeling, but all of the positives involved certainly make up for that... :thumbs:

I had a bit of a shock tonight... After years of Polo shirts the move to secondary has meant PROPER shirts... which need (Dah Dah Dah) IRONING!!! :ph34r::ph34r:

I found the iron after many hours searching and gave it a bit of a buff (sadly, no Genie of the Iron - Not even a big fat Ricky Gervaise stylee one let alone the Barbara Eden in a flimsy bikini version), and unfolded the ironing board from the airing cupboard ('what's that?' Ben cried excitedly, as I blew the cobwebs off and set it up - 'I didn't know we had one of those!')

Wasn't sure i could trust the steam jets after all these years, so used the plant sprayer... will have to give the jets a good blow through (fnar fnar) before next week's pile comes around...

So what's that rubbish got to do with tomorrow morning, I hear you ask? Just this - find something to distract you until bedtime... :)

BTW - if anyone knows of a very cheap 'lady who does' in T Wells drop me a PM... I'm willing to pay fifty pee per item, and reckon that'll be five shirts/two pairs of trousers per week (I used to just fold 'em back in their creases, but if we've gotta do the shirts - what the hell!)... Blimey That's a whole three English pounds and fifty pence someone could be raking in there! :whistle:

Loads of pos vibes for the morrow, flozz, and to anyone else in similar situation >:D<<'>

:D

I had a bit of a shock tonight... After years of Polo shirts the move to secondary has meant PROPER shirts... which need (Dah Dah Dah) IRONING!!! :ph34r::ph34r:

They do??? :unsure:

I got non iron ones from a local high street store that also sells food. :) They seem to be OK.

Sorry to hijack your thread Flo - hope all goes well tomrrow >:D<<'>

K x

Hi Flora,

I know how you feel. I have just sent L off for his first day back at both school and resi. today. He was absolutely fine - in fact I would go as far as to say ###### brilliant - he earned all his stickers this week! - up until yesterday. I think the reality of going back to school finally hit him. He has, however, gone off in the taxi this morning full of smiles.

I just hope the rest of the day goes as well... New class, New Teacher, New assistants, New classmates (most of whom are year six, 1 year 7 - and he's year 5 - don't ask as it's certainly not about differentiating the curriculum to needs!)

I hope Bill has gone off well for you and that he enjoys it now it has come back around. (enjoy the peace!)

Fi xx

Hi

thanks all for your replies. >:D<<'>

All fine this morning, no tears or tantrums.... Bill was fine too :lol:

Fiorelli... hope your son has a good first day too. Bill also has new teacher, new assistants. They sent photos of them so he could see what they were like and he just sort of said 'oh right' and hardly looked at them! I did try the 'she looks kind', and 'she looks pretty', etc, but he just wasn't in the slightest bit interested :o

bd... if you smooth shirts with your hands when they are still wet, hang them on a hanger to dry, then you shouldn't have to iron them at all! I don't iron anything now... apart from my hair :D

Flozza :D

Edited by Flora

Hi Flora, I was having a weep too, Im visiting the resi school on Tuesday with J and so preparing today, Its so emotionally upsetting, I keep saying to myself I cant do this, Im not strong enough yet, what if we win at tribunal and he can go, that really hit me, oh no he really could be sleeping, and learning at another place, I cried my heart out, the tribunal isnt the hard bit, its the winning and him actually going to residential school is, Am I really strong enough to do this.

so know how your feeling, sort of, did you keep on having daughts before you won tribunal and when he won did you have a mixture of feelings.

Wish us luck with the visit, we get the final decision if the school will except J.

JsMum

Glad it went well Flora - hope you've got things to keep you busy today - apart from being here, that is. :rolleyes: Pampering kind of things, I meant. :D

It's L's first day at college too. :ph34r:

K x

Hi Kathryn, will be :pray: that things go well for L today.

pampering? Well I've just had the dogs out and am now covered in mud. Soon as I've had my cuppa I'm going to have a shower.... that's about as far as my pampering goes :lol:

Jsmum. Best of luck with Js visit to the school... I hope he likes it and that they can offer him a place :pray:

During the weeks/months leading up to the tribunal I was so focussed on the hearing etc that I barely gave the emotional feelings about Bill going to resi a second thought. TBH by the time he did start at the school I was completely numb! I had no feelings at all... I think it was just a reaction to all the trauma. Once that had worn off I did have a few moments of guilt that he wasn't at home during the week, but I was so convinced that the right choice had been made that it was over clouded by rational thoughts IYKWIM.

I think when I had the weepy moment last night it was due to a sudden overwhelming flood of emotion encompassing every aspect of it.

It's different though, because Bill is a few years older than your J, and that really does make a difference. It's perfectly natural though for any parent to feel like you do, so don't worry that it is a sign or anything... because you are doing the right thing.

If you've got any doubts just focus on his future and what your hopes and dreams are for him, that'll get you through it.

Flora >:D<<'>

Glad it went OK Flora :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Connor's tutor returned today after the summer break and he was a bit grumpy and off with her, but soon nuckled down and did some work.

His mentor has arranged to take him on a couple of visits prior to the assessment, which the school have encouraged because he is so quiet and anxious. So tell Bill to look out for him next Monday around 1pm as he will be coming to see his new class and teacher.

Good luck and lots of hugs to all those with children returning to school after the holidays.

Clare x x x

His mentor has arranged to take him on a couple of visits prior to the assessment, which the school have encouraged because he is so quiet and anxious. So tell Bill to look out for him next Monday around 1pm as he will be coming to see his new class and teacher.

That's great Clare :thumbs: I'll tell Bill to look out for Connor.

Flora :D

Edited by Flora