Sign in to follow this  
asereht

Time to Go

Hi everyone,

I found this board in 2004 when my son now 17 was first dx.

The board and the many people who were on here back then helped me get through some tough times.

Life has moved on a lot and changed for my son and for me.

Back then he was a mixed up teen who didn't know what/where to turn to after dx.

We battled for support and battled with each other too!

He is now a polite, handsome, independant lad who had to opt out of school because of lack of support but who managed to get a course in a college for people with special needs and is doing very well.

He hopes to go on to 3rd level and do a degree next year.

He has a small group of new friends who share his interests and he sees them now and again, he likes his own company too.

I would never have believed 4 years ago that he would come this far.

I am so grateful to everyone here who helped us along.

I stayed popping in now and again,but, I now feel it is time to move on as life has moved us on, so I have asked for my account to be closed.

Thankyou so much to everyone who was there for me in the past and I hope I was there for some people also.

Words cannot express how much this place helped me when there was nowhere else to turn :notworthy: .

Our story is by no means over,who knows what challenges lay ahead,but my son and I will meet them together now and I will be behind him helping him instead of out in front fighting through.

Best of luck to everyone out there,

Take care of yourselves.

Theresa xx >:D<<'>

Edited by asereht

Theresa,

Very eloquently written. I wish you all the very best and hope things continue in the same vein, for you and your boy (always will be your wee boy!!).

It is so nice to read how you have overcome so much together and it gives Mums like me, who are right in the midst of it all, real hope for the future-come what may!

Lots of luck and love to you and yours,

Kirstie. >:D<<'>

Thanks, it gives those of us in the throes of it hope, and god knows we need it!!! mine is 12, nearly 13, it seems to be the age when lots of people join and they are at their worst, good to know there are better times ahead!! Enid

Very best of luck Theresa.

I'm sad to see you go, but I'm guessing the time eventually comes for everybody when they feel their life has sort of outgrown the need for the forum.

Best wishes to you and your son

Flora

Hi Theresa,

Your post is inspirational to me - wishing you both all the best for the future.

Good luck and take care,

Jb

Theresa,

It's been good to know you here, and I wish you and your son all the best fot the future. I hope all his plans (and yours) come to fruition.

>:D<<'>

K x

Hi Theresa, I remember some of the tough times you were having back when I first joined, its so wonderful to hear how things have turned out for you and your son, take care, warmest wishes to you , suzex

I'm so glad to hear you and your son are doing so well - I found your post very moving and I wanted to wish you both all the best >:D<<'>

Take care x