bid

'The Family'

I'm just loving this Ch 4 fly-on-the-wall documentary!

It really cheers me up to see that other people's teenagers are just as mardy, monosyllabic and lethargic as my own :lol:

It's like watching ourselves (especially when the girlies and the mum were dancing in this evening's episode :dance: )...only with a nicer sofa :D:clap:

Any other addicts?

Boho :dance:

Yes Bid, brill sofa, and loved the dancing scene, and the scene between father and son on the sofa, really touching, am hooked too. :thumbs: Enid

Yes Bid, brill sofa, and loved the dancing scene, and the scene between father and son on the sofa, really touching, am hooked too. :thumbs: Enid

I really love the dad! :thumbs:

Ok I'll be the voice of dissent here ... it all seems a bit "staged" to me. And I find the mum extremely irritating.

However I've only watched 10 mins so far so feel free to shoot me down in flames :lol:

Ok I'll be the voice of dissent here ... it all seems a bit "staged" to me. And I find the mum extremely irritating.

However I've only watched 10 mins so far so feel free to shoot me down in flames :lol:

Mmmm, I know what you mean about the mum. But it's interesting, because in the first episode she was very vocal about her DD's bad behaviour, yet in the next two episodes she appears to just sit there silently, or fails to back up her DH...so don't know if any of that is down to editing?

I love the dad's outbursts...'Tom appears to have turned into an invertebrate!' :lol: (Propa man bloke too ;) )

And the sofa... :wub:

Edited by bid

Mmmm, I know what you mean about the mum. But it's interesting, because in the first episode she was very vocal about her DD's bad behaviour, yet in the next two episodes she appears to just sit there silently, or fails to back up her DH...so don't know if any of that is down to editing?

I love the dad's outbursts...'Tom appears to have turned into an invertebrate!' :lol: (Propa man bloke too ;) )

And the sofa... :wub:

Hi, I watch this too, though missed a weeks worth, but I agree the mum is really confusing, one min telling her daughter off, them backing her up when Dad gets into a bit of a temper with the Daughter, I dont get it either.

JsMum

Sorry, I hate the sofa too! :lol: Cant bear those oversized things!

:tearful:

Oh, Pearlie.........

That sofa's almost egzackly the same as mine!!!.... :unsure:

And it took me ever such a long time to save up for!!!And you don't like it....

:crying:

It's just about the only thing of value in my house, excepting the live things!!

But that's okay, to each their own, heheh!! ;)

Nice extinguisher, Warren!

May I just say, though I am mindful I've not weathered the teenage tempest as yet (I think it's brewing, mind!! Cal's knees are getting downright hirsute, and the plooks are starting to crop up beautifully!!)

ooh, those girls are cheeky blighters!! I was NEVER that bad......(ahem!!)

But the Dad's comments are fab, I do agree, Bid!!

Edited by pookie170

Oh, Pearlie.........

That sofa's almost egzackly the same as mine!!!....

And it took me ever such a long time to save up for!!!And you don't like it....

:oops: sorry! I guess I'm just jellus I havent a huuuuuge living room to put it in! :lol:

Feel free to hate any of my furniture ... I tend to go for the "shabby chic" look (but more shabby than chic) :lol:

i watch it too, they are far too 'touchy feely' for my liking!

all that hugging and kissing! aaargh!

or is that 'normal'?

The bathroom gets me, imagine having to walk through your mum and dads bedroom to have a bath!!! I`d hate my teens walking through mine. Still loving the Dad tho, :thumbs: Enid

I've caught a couple of episodes and I find the dad really unpleasant. Why does he feel the need to exert so much power over his son over such minor things? The son and a friend were playing on the computer and he told them to go out and play. Instead of giving them a minute or two, he just walked up to the computer and turned it right off. It was just completely unnecessary.

i saw one episode but missed the rest,what nights it on?i loved it,i would rather die than have cameras in my house tho,not die literally but you know what i mean!!

i saw one episode but missed the rest,what nights it on?i loved it,i would rather die than have cameras in my house tho,not die literally but you know what i mean!!

I was thinking about the real implications to having cameras in a home, basically wouldnt you behave soo differently if there was real cameras recording your every move, I sure wouldnt like it!

JsMum

You would think so J`s mum, but they seem to act so normally!! its as though they forget, I would defo not be able to do that. Hev its on Wednesday, after supernanny, we get back in from panto practice, oh yes we do!!!! and watch supernanny and then I watch the family when the kids get off to bed, I`m hooked. :thumbs: Enid

I agree with you Tally, and when he was playing his sax when the boy as on the phone trying to speak to his friend.

I agree with you Tally, and when he was playing his sax when the boy as on the phone trying to speak to his friend.

I saw that one and really felt for the boy. He asked his dad to stop so he could talk to his friend and ended up yelling at him because he wouldn't stop playing. The boy ends up looking like he has an anger problem, but it was the dad who goaded him until he lost his temper. Of course the dad is going to 'win' these situations every time, because he is an adult and his son is a child.

I love this programme, and agree with Enid about the bathroom, I could not stand all the kids walking through my bedroom, what happens when they need a wee in the night?!!!I think the Dad is a bit of a hero as he seems to do all the cooking!! And wasnt he sweet leaving a valantines brekkie for the wife. I think the sofa is great!!