Sign in to follow this  
hedders

Naughty naughty primary school

Thank God dd isnt there now and moved to juniors.

Last 3 yrs arguing with external professionals saying dont trust the school there not telling the truth

only for them to side with the school and beleive them and discharge dd saying she didnt need additional support.

Only to find out from junior school that she has been on school action since recption yr and asked us why we havent signed any of her SEN forms ( i think thats what she called them)

The answer is because we never been told of them.

I dont understand why?? what reason would the school do this

Supportive parents felt that schools dont like girls labelled with Autism and would try to prevent this from happening.

But then why tell me that it was my parenting, or laugh at me with my concerns and most importantly tell the external professionals that she didnt and wasnt receiving additional support as nothing was wrong so they all discharged her claiming she would out grow diffculties by 7, she is now nearly 8 and junior school have given her catch up lessons as she is far behind. And pead now says possible Special needs and she doesnt know if her diffculties are affecting her as she hasnt been seen by an EP ,dd has subtle diffculties in lots of areas affecting her social/emotional functioning.

Supportive parents seemed concerned that no-one beleived me and tried to influence me to let it go. might be because over the 3 yrs every time i phoned them they send a letter of written evidence of telephone conversations.

Reading back it doesnt paint a pretty picture of the primary school.

New class teacher has asked for all her medical records as primary school hadnt passed them over and i also included the letters from Supportive Parents and a meeting will take place shortly for a new IEP with our input by teacher.

She said it was illegal for the primary school not to inform us about SEN forms and school action.

Even in statutory assessment in may the school didnt send information in and we got turned down.

Edited by hedders

O my god thats awful, saying that it is the type of stunt my lads school would pull if allowed too. :o

Thank God dd isnt there now and moved to juniors.

Last 3 yrs arguing with external professionals saying dont trust the school there not telling the truth

only for them to side with the school and beleive them and discharge dd saying she didnt need additional support.

Only to find out from junior school that she has been on school action since recption yr and asked us why we havent signed any of her SEN forms ( i think thats what she called them)

The answer is because we never been told of them.

I dont understand why?? what reason would the school do this

Supportive parents felt that schools dont like girls labelled with Autism and would try to prevent this from happening.

But then why tell me that it was my parenting, or laugh at me with my concerns and most importantly tell the external professionals that she didnt and wasnt receiving additional support as nothing was wrong so they all discharged her claiming she would out grow diffculties by 7, she is now nearly 8 and junior school have given her catch up lessons as she is far behind. And pead now says possible Special needs and she doesnt know if her diffculties are affecting her as she hasnt been seen by an EP ,dd has subtle diffculties in lots of areas affecting her social/emotional functioning.

Supportive parents seemed concerned that no-one beleived me and tried to influence me to let it go. might be because over the 3 yrs every time i phoned them they send a letter of written evidence of telephone conversations.

Reading back it doesnt paint a pretty picture of the primary school.

New class teacher has asked for all her medical records as primary school hadnt passed them over and i also included the letters from Supportive Parents and a meeting will take place shortly for a new IEP with our input by teacher.

She said it was illegal for the primary school not to inform us about SEN forms and school action.

Even in statutory assessment in may the school didnt send information in and we got turned down.

I just dont understand why school seem to put up these walls, well I do its money, write a very detailed letter to the school boared of governors, and do it every time you have a problem now, with the reason being you have no confidence in the schools protocall and honesty then its documented and they will want it sorted out as soon as possible because ofsted will see it all when they next come in, if that doesnt work then the next step is to go to Ofsted direct!!

Good luck chick, dont let the ****** get you down!! x