chris54

D.I.Y.sos.

Seen the program on telly.

Complete refurbished room, lots of smiles and "Its wonderful". :clap::clap::clap:

What did I get "Don't like it ". :angry:

But you chose the colours etc etc.

After lots of sulks settled for "Next time I decorate your room I'll do it just how you like." Didn'T tell him it is likely to be 10years before I get round to it again.

Awwww >:D<<'>

I thought the programme was v interesting, they did a nice job & it was an ideal halfway house for the lad. Mum said theyll always be there for him - but they wont, will they? :(

Hi Pearl

Not sure what you are talking about. Was it a program you saw on the telly recently.

Chris.

P.S. Just been told it was last weeks program, Didn't see much of that one. Sorry.

Edited by chris54

Mum said theyll always be there for him - but they wont, will they? :(

Sadly not but hopefully they will live long enough for him to learn semi-independant living or arrange supported living before they become too frail. Sadly is suspect this would have to be charity or self funded as social services have a funny habbit of doing nothing until the situation is in crisis!!!! (not that im bitter :lol:)

Hi

I didn't watch that particular episode (missed it ? wish I'd seen it).

A family member wrote to DIY SOS and we actually have a visit from the show's producer. She was lovely and asked lots of questions, etc. Particularly, when it comes to someone with a disability (ie ASD child), they put a lot of work into making life as normal as possible during such a chaotic time/filming. She was very knowledgeable and it was clear they do their homework and actually care about the kids they help. Unforunately, choice came down to us and another family in Edinburgh and we weren't selected.

Caroline.

Back to my original post.

He has now decided that he does like his room and can I paint the curtains the same colour as the walls.

So all's well that .....